*100 fast reps of 45* leg presses to engorge the legs/glutes with blood
    *100 fast rep squats with 45s on smith machine
    *100 fast reps dead lifts with 45s on smith machine
    *100 fast reps 45* leg press narrow stance with 45s
    *100 fast rep hip flexion
    *100 fast rep seated calf raises with 45 dumbells ea
    * rep to failure 45* leg press
    * 15 min eliptical trainer
    * 30 min aqua jet bed to work put the buildup of lactic acid in large muscle groups.
    * Tears as I sit on the toilet as I post this, lmao
    But seriously, I am seeing bigger gains in girth going lighter/more reps and perfect form than when I was lifting heavy. Proof for me is how long the muscles stay engorged with blood. Work on my legs every third day so they get plenty of recovery time. I aproach the other body parts the same way. Got my wife doing the same thing and her gains are phenomenal. You can see so much definition/separation/ vascular definition in her legs. She is attacking her arms and back the same way.

My legs are getting huge. All I do is rowing and low weight work. I have a bit of a bad back, so that's actually all I can do. Today's workout is going to be 500m rowing intervals X 12. 500m is roughly 50 reps, like doing deadlifts with 80 lbs or so. So I'll be going 600 of those.

What you'll find is that strength stamina is a whole lot different than max strength.

Think in terms of that 50,000 lb "challenge" that weightlifters were talking about a year or so ago. The idea was to lift 50K lbs in an hour with one body part. It was a huge badge of honor for lifters to do that. I'll do that in 24 minutes today on the rowing machine! Grant it, not all one body part, but mostly with legs. Quads will be jelly when I'm done.

I do think, though, if strictly mass is your goal, you do have to do some heavy work and mix it up. That's personally not my goal, though.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/1/2019 - late morning at park -

Superset of the following every 2:00 for 20 rounds -

#1 - alternating pull-ups and chin-ups x 5 (pull-ups odd-numbered rounds and chin-ups even-numbered rounds) plus

#2 - slow run/jog 1:00 with bonus of single 24kg KB overhead press R x 2 and L x 2 for rounds 3,6,9,12,15 and 18 and bonus 0:30 running strides for rounds 4,8,12,16 and 20.

12th round was toughest because I had double bonus.

Total of 100 pull-ups and chin-ups, 24 overhead press reps and 1.94 miles in 39:49.

Did an extra 3 pull-ups at end to make up for weaker 5th rep pull-ups during later rounds. This was a darn good workout that I’ll do again.

Might walk later.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Monday fun

30min PT trx including single leg squats and single arm press. Plus 40 burpees for negativity

5/3/1 cycle 2 week 2, squats and shoulder press, finally starting to get some halfway decent weight on the bar for squats. Only did minimal accessories (3x10) as had barbell to look forward to.

1 mile run, bit of hill work, 150ft of hills in fact, needless to say it was not fast.

Tabata 30min class with lots more burpees

Barbell - legs were feeling yesterday's trail run.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    24 minute W/U on the Assault Bike, then 500m intervals on the rower X 12/one minute recoveries. This is the runner equivalent of doing 400m runs at 90%. Someone recently said about a 2K row (and this would apply to this workout as well), "for the first half, you think you're going to die. For the last half, you hope you do".

Pretty accurate about how this feels.

Technically, you're supposed to be able to go quicker, but when you look at my HR, I was progressively working harder each interval, so I'll have to be happy with that. First time I've done that workout in around 8 or 9 months, so that was to be expected. Way off my training paces.

qc3f4vqqsog1.jpg
    44jrmafqogmg.jpg
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    @MikePfirrman that’s one tough workout you did. Can identify with the feeling from 400 meters intervals workout. And, the rising HR is familiar.

Tough stuff, great job!
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    About 45 minutes on my excercise bike deak, but it's so light effort I log 20.

20 minute walk in the park.

50 minute kettlebell class. I was stronger than the three men that were there, which surprised me!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    @MikePfirrman that’s one tough workout you did. Can identify with the feeling from 400 meters intervals workout. And, the rising HR is familiar.

Tough stuff, great job!

Thanks Pier. Rowing is actually very similar to heavy KB work, another one of my favorites. Gets your HR up to max very quickly and keeps it there. Plus the weight aspect to it too. Both are cardio and strength at the same time with quick lactic acid build ups.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    5km trail walk
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

Tough stuff, great job!

Thanks Pier. Rowing is actually very similar to heavy KB work, another one of my favorites. Gets your HR up to max very quickly and keeps it there. Plus the weight aspect to it too. Both are cardio and strength at the same time with quick lactic acid build ups.
    I feel like "quick" is an understatement with regards to lactate acid build up depending on how intensely you're rowing ;)
    I also will never forget the best 1min power test that we did once last winter. The amount of heavy breathing and coughing...lol.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yesterday: 45 minute scuba dive. It was shallow, but I only used 50 bar, which is pretty good for a zero vis dive. 17 c water temperature, which is fine in a drysuit.

I went bouldering in the evening, which went badly. I did not have much energy.

Today: 15,000 steps.
    Then 9k on the rowing machine, slow session in just under 45 minutes.

I have worked out for 8 days in a row. I am climbing again tomorrow, so Wednesday will be my rest day.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    2 mile walk with the kids today and then 40 minutes of yoga.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    6 mile run with lots of hills
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I ran my first ever sub 30 minute 5k despite the heat (ok, Scottish levels of heat). Also walked a fair bit. 16k steps in all.

This is a big deal - way to go!
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    7 min AMRAP
    200 meter run
    8 deadlifes, 185 lbs
    (3 rounds + 100m run)
    then
    2 minute rest
    then
    repeat same 7 min AMRAP
    (3 rounds)
    then
    2 min rest
    then
    repeat same 7 min AMRAP
    (3 rounds)
    Total: 9 rounds + 100m run
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    11 mile bike ride today.
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Momjogger wrote: »
    11 mile bike ride today.

Damn!!!!!!! Early morning bike ride? Nice!
    6:30am Jiujitsu for me
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    My legs were too sore for leg day so opted for abs day + 30mins cardio of battle ropes, spinning and treadmill.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Handstand Pushup - Grease The Groove (On a Yoga Block)
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (15R Max) Day 12/30
    16-14-12-10-10 (62)
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds
    Meditate
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    10 pound kettle bell swings squats 5X 10.
    50 pound cable pulldown 10 X 10.
    25 minute brisk walk/jog about 3mph.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    10 pound kettle bell swings squats 5X 10.
    50 pound cable pulldown 10 X 10.
    25 minute brisk walk/jog about 3mph.

Good job swinging them bells around.