What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Bad row was bad. It was my first time bowing a quad and the quad I was in had really terrible steering. We could only steer to starboard for the first half and then my coach made some on the water adjustments. Then coming back we hit another quad (thankfully it was one of our club's and not the juniors - I would have felt that much more bad than I do now), not hard but it was more than clashing oars (barely more), and as we were taking the boat out of the water two of the four of us had trouble getting it up over heads and as a result my glasses fell and are now living at the bottom of the river (two of the people have a sheer lack of upper body strength and I think said two are in their 70s? plus it's an especially heavy quad).

Thankfully I had my prescription sunglasses with me so I safely drove myself to the optometrist's office to get new glasses (they'll be here in a week or two - probably a week and a half) and now I'm eating breakfast because taking myself out to breakfast is the only logical kind thing I can think of to do right now with regards to any sort of self care. Thank god I have therapy in 3 and a half hours.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    @ Aokoye - sounded like you got two workouts. Rowing and dealing with the boat! Wow, sorry about your glasses!

One hour today. The HRM has been useful and confirmed what I've suspected all along. I tend to work harder on the rower than the Assault Bike. Was going to try to do an hour HR capped workout on the rower. I like to keep my recovery days around 130 to 135 BPM (roughly equates to around 65% to 70% of HRR). I stopped the row at 45 minutes because I was drifting into the mid 140s. Finished with 15 minutes on the Assault Bike at around 130 BPM, back around my target. Didn't even look at meters on the rower, totally concerned with only HR. 2:28 pace @ 45 minutes, whatever that is (the meters store on my rower and ErgData, the app I use, though I didn't have it open today, only the HR app was open on my phone). So roughly 9K meters I would guess.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Today I went bouldering for 75 minutes. It was a very good session - I went up a lot of stuff that had eluded me before. (These were mainly 6a or 6a+ with Font grading.)

They are rebuilding the competition room, so some of my projects have vanished.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Tuesday is my crazy day.

30min stair workout in PT, she had me wearing the weighted vest running up and down the stairs until she was satisfied my hr was high enough.

3.1 mile progressive run, 6min easy, 6min tempo, 6min threshold, cool down to 3.1

45min zumba

45min insanity (urgh so hard)

50min boxercise- partnered up with the slave driver
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    5k run in the park.

25 minutes on my bike desk.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    Same-y same-itude: Monday the 7k-ish row in the double, Tuesday spin class.

@aokoye: S**k-y s**kitude s**ks. Better next time. Don't let the bowing thing scare you: It happens.

@MikePfirrman: Nice to see you building back so beautifully! Gives me hope for no-dead-ends after setbacks.
  • aokoye
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Same-y same-itude: Monday the 7k-ish row in the double, Tuesday spin class.

@aokoye: S**k-y s**kitude s**ks. Better next time. Don't let the bowing thing scare you: It happens.

@MikePfirrman: Nice to see you building back so beautifully! Gives me hope for no-dead-ends after setbacks.

Thanks Ann. Needless to say, I ordered those floating lanyard things for my glasses and I managed to find a spare pair of glasses from four or five years ago. Thanks to the logistics of Amazon, the lanyards should get here tomorrow so I'll have them for my Thursday row.
    I also emailed the main sculling coach about setting up a private sculling lesson (with me in a single) because, as one of my friends has said, "Adam doesn't really run away from his rowing anxiety, he cuddles right up next to it" ;)
  • aokoye
    Options
    @ Aokoye - sounded like you got two workouts. Rowing and dealing with the boat! Wow, sorry about your glasses!

One hour today. The HRM has been useful and confirmed what I've suspected all along. I tend to work harder on the rower than the Assault Bike. Was going to try to do an hour HR capped workout on the rower. I like to keep my recovery days around 130 to 135 BPM (roughly equates to around 65% to 70% of HRR). I stopped the row at 45 minutes because I was drifting into the mid 140s. Finished with 15 minutes on the Assault Bike at around 130 BPM, back around my target. Didn't even look at meters on the rower, totally concerned with only HR. 2:28 pace @ 45 minutes, whatever that is (the meters store on my rower and ErgData, the app I use, though I didn't have it open today, only the HR app was open on my phone). So roughly 9K meters I would guess.

Yeah, today was definitely a mental workout with regards to rowing. I ended up text messaging one of my friends who is an experienced rower, one of our better coxes, and is now coaching for us as well which was helpful in terms of getting out of my own head.

Well done on the erging as of late too! It's been nice reading about your comeback.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/2/2019 - late afternoon at park -

Run 5:40 walk 0:20 for 5.0 miles in 50:52. Planned on doing some more strides but passed.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1 mile walk at lunch, evening pool workout with pool walking, swimming, and water aerobics
    Tuesday - 30 minute walk at lunch ~1.6 miles
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Working on my handstand and fallen angel poses for about a half hour. I walk daily to and from work and I walked my dogs before yoga today.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

Handstand Pushup - Grease The Groove (On a Yoga Block)
    5 x 3 (15)
    *No handstand pushups today, shoulder was cranky…
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (15R Max) Day 12/30
    16-14-12-12-10 (64)

Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds

Meditate
  • kerrylien
    kerrylien Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peloton for 25 min doing intervals.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Just a few miles of walking, in multiple shorter segments - I pulled my calf over the weekend, and I want to hike up a mountain next weekend, so I've got to be a bit careful!
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

5 x 3 (15)
    16-14-12-12-10 (64)

Yoga

Meditate

Curious, are you doing the other parts of your workout while "sitting out" for the 15-minutes recovery of the Fighter Pull-ups Program?

There are a lot of form police who will comment that a pull-up isn't a pull-up unless you have a dead-hang pause at the bottom. What are your thoughts and practice on this?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

5 x 3 (15)
    16-14-12-12-10 (64)

Yoga

Meditate

Curious, are you doing the other parts of your workout while "sitting out" for the 15-minutes recovery of the Fighter Pull-ups Program?

There are a lot of form police who will comment that a pull-up isn't a pull-up unless you have a dead-hang pause at the bottom. What are your thoughts and practice on this?

I do the handstand pushup and pull-up as a superset.

Dead hang or it's not a strict pull-up, IMO.
    Of course there are people who can't dead hang due to elbow pain etc. But for healthy individuals...
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    July 2- 80:20 fast finish foundation run 40minutes
    July 3- 80:20 recovery run 40 minutes

The 80% easy running makes running early in the morning much easier on me and warms up my arthritic joints for the day :)
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Quads, chest, triceps, abs
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wednesday fun

Interval run, 5min warm up, 5 min threshold, 3min recover, 5min threshold, 3min recover, cool down. Did 2.5 miles
    Quick trot from school run to PT
    30min sprint session with PT

5/3/1 cycle 2, week 2 bench plus
    5x10@27.5kg bench and
    3.20@20kg close grip bench
    Stretch

1hr piyo definitely needed this, was really feeling the doms. Think I'm starting to really get the hang of some of the sequences
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    7/3/2019 - mid-afternoon at my office -

Bar dips x 5 plus 24kg KB two-hand swing x 15 every 1:25 for 20 rounds (100 bar dips and 300 KB swings) completed in 27:40. Will rest remainder of today as my plan is to run a July 4th 5-miler fun run if I, God willing, awaken in the morning and don't wobble out of bed like a old rodeo cowboy.