What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    SS work on the rower today again for 50 minutes and 5 on the AD Pro. Wanted to keep HR down a bit today and try to get an hour in but forgot to put the Drag Factor down from yesterday's sprint. Was up higher than I like within around 30 minutes. Was a struggle to keep it down.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    8/6/2019 - mid-afternoon 96F degrees 23 percent humidity at park near my office.

Run 5:40 walk 0:20 for 10 rounds = 5.97 miles in 60 minutes = 10:03 mile pace - average HR = 155 bpm (86 percent) maximum HR = 168 bpm (93 percent) total 838 calories. Hot, drinking lots of water with electrolytes mix now after sweating a bucket or more.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Leg press - 3x10
    Dumbbell bench press - 3x8
    Seated row - 2x10, 1x8
    Cable tricep pushdown - 1x15
    Calf raises - 2x12
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Crazy, crazy Tuesday

30min stair workout with trainer

45min Zumba

5/3/1 cycle 3 week 3 squats and shoulder press, finished off with 5x10 box jumps (I'm adding these at the end of most workouts at that gym to build confidence)

20min treadmill run

45min Insanity class

50min boxercise class
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Today is my Official Rest Day, so just a few short, gentle walks.

Today is also the day my work provides free cake, so I'm climbing the walls at the absence of those sweet exercise cals...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    8/7
    am
    Mobility
    Full body warmup and prep
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    6 x 2 (12)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    6 x 6 (36)
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 10 Rounds
    Skill
    Handstand Training
    Meditate
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    Just under 8.5k rowing bow (and coxing, coaching, steering ;) ) in a quad. (That's the 4-rower, 2 oars per person (sculling), kind of rowing boat. They're around 40 feet long.)
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Emme871 wrote: »
    John Benton model workout- my stomach kills in the best way possible!

Is this online somewhere? Would love to try it.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Was supposed to be a long slow day. I lost all discipline on this one! It will have to be an easy day tomorrow, but have to admit, felt good to blow a little smoke out of the engine.

ybiuaggqbgla.jpg
    6aougxbdtsfv.png
    0dz86pwyd8ve.jpg
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Chalean extreme burn 2, 20 minutes on the elliptical.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    8/7/2019 - official announcement for immediate release, today will be a rest day.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Chilled out wednesday.

6am sprints with my trainer, 30min working on increasing distance I'm sprinting for

1hr piyo class, really starting to appreciate this class especially as I usually getting beasted pretty bad on a Tuesday (I generally partner the instructor in boxercise so get to do double bubble, or if her usual partner hasnt turned up I get the machine who is almost as bad).

Anyway piyo is def getting easier, I'm getting more flexible, or seeing as I'm hypermobile it's more a case that I'm trusting my body more and not panicking about over extending and dislocating. Almost got my head on the floor for the straddle stretch at the end. First week it was just my hands
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Planks and Squats are one of the best exercises IMO! I do them regularly too. Best abs ever! Keep it up!!!
    Today: planks, squats, lunges!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Planks and Squats are one of the best exercises IMO! I do them regularly too. Best abs ever! Keep it up!!!
    Today: planks, squats, lunges!

I need to add early morning squats, planks and push-ups to my (lack of) exercise routine... I'm traveling this weekend, so maybe these will be my workout, since I won't have access to my equipment. :) Thanks for the idea!
  • MrsReeves711
    MrsReeves711 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    801p5ah92s9k.jpeg
  • J72FIT
    Options
    8/7
    pm
    Conditioning
    Tabata: Mountain climbers.
    20 sec on, 10 sec off x 8 rounds...

8/8
    am
    Active Recovery
    Walk (20min)
    Meditate

Cranky shoulder last night and this morning.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Bouldering, 90 minutes.

This was another good session - a noticeable improvement. I flashed a V3 with tiny, horrible holds and lots of leg swaps. I got half way up a difficult v3, where I've never got off the ground before. The silly, juggy overhangy ones all felt easy.

I also did 10,000 steps and climbed some trees en route (there is a picture in the middle aged thread.)
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    8/7
    pm
    Conditioning

8/8
    am
    Active Recovery
    Walk (20min)
    Meditate

Good job of listening to and obeying your body and doing a Plan B workout; something is better than nothing.

• J72FIT
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    8/7
    pm
    Conditioning

8/8
    am
    Active Recovery
    Walk (20min)
    Meditate

Good job of listening to and obeying your body and doing a Plan B workout; something is better than nothing.

Yeah it just was not in the cards today...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,049 Member
    Options
    Lessee: RowSpinRowSpinRowRowRest. It's Thursday, so it must've been spin. I just try to stay mostly in Z3 after the warmup and before the cooldown (sometimes hard to do with lower body only), maybe throw in a dab of 150+ toward the end when that gets easier to achieve. Not any way trying to train, just trying to have fun. Looked like this today:

fy4af4hx99t8.png
    nrj09k34pvoy.png

I think that big bpm gully toward the end may be when we stopped pedaling and did a spinal twist long-hold thingie on the bike at the start of the stretching. Wondering if the chest belt momentarily lost contact . . . but maybe not: HRrest is well below that dip, so maybe it could be true - not the first time I've seen it. (I don't bother to stop the watch until after the stretching.)