Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1 mile run, 1 mile walk... 60 minutes picking crabs... 0_o
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    8k indoor row. Pretty good session - time was 36.50, or 2.18 pace. It is my fastest 8k so far.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Today was 5/3/1 bench followed up with some close grip bench, arms, abs and for the grand finale I did some tire flipping which really made me question my sanity
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    today, cardio on spin bike. haven't gone to the gym yet, but it's in my basement so no excuse :)
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    55 min run.

My knee feels great. I’m a teacher and I started back at school this week with an hour commute. Feeling the exhaustion and only got in 5 workouts this week that were pretty simple. Hoping I can get through the next week with 180 new students and figure out how to get my workouts in too...
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    Trailered boats for an hour and a half: de-rigging, moving shells (boats) to the trailers, moving oars, making sure we had enough oars (thank god me and another person voiced our skepticism to each other, counted, and then consulted our coach...), etc. Lots of walking back and forth.

Drove to Seattle, walked around the university district, and now I'm about to go to a cafe before going to my airbnb. It's not even 4 and I have nearly 8,600 steps, and that's despite little over three hours sitting in my car driving up here.

edit: and after walking to said coffee shop, I'm up to 9,780 steps and I'm sure my garmin thinks I've walked up more floors than i have - Seattle being hilly and such.

Best wishes for a strong and satisfying race(s)! Report back, eh? :flowerforyou:

Thanks to you guys for the rowing advice. I did a very short row the other day to look at my form and I loosened my grip quite a bit—made a huge difference!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Regatta report:
    Green Lake is pray to some really awful wind so save for the races early (like anything before 8am) the water was really choppy. I was in a quad and a 4. The quad was my first sculling race and it went pretty well all things considered. I mean we were more or less last, but we knew that would be the case given the makeup of the boat. I sat 2 and was complimented on my outside voice* by one of the people in my club who was helping us with or oars**.

My 4 went a lot better. We were 5th on the water (out of 7) though had a crab not happened we probably would have been 4th. The conditions were marginally better than the race in the morning and our warm up was much better.

After eating dinner, I walked around playing Pokemon Go for an hour - like one does on community day ;)

*For people who have never sculled - if you're in a quad that isn't coxed (so 4 people rowing with two oars - one in each hand), the person in two makes all of the calls and essentially coxes the boat (save for steering - but you do relay the steering calls from the person in bow to the rest of the boat). I am, generally speaking, a very quiet person and am not especially confident with regards to rowing when all is said and done. I'm improving quickly, but I'm also likely the least experienced sculler in the whole club.

**For the people who don't row on the water/haven't competed in a regatta - often (almost always?) when you go to the dock you have someone helping you/the crew with your oars due, in part, to speed but also because oars are long and cumbersome and, depending on the regatta, there are a lot of obstacles (people, other boats, etc), you need to maneuver in such a way so that an official can check the boat (which would necessitate dropping your oars, etc.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    8/3/2019 - mid-afternoon and 91F degrees.

Walk 4.17 miles in 1:10:14 = 16:50 mile pace.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Not updated for couple days

Friday
    30 min personal training session
    Amrap
    Round 1 (10min)
    10 clean and press, 5 burpees

Round 2 (8 min)
    5 plyo push up, 10 hindu squat, sprint

Total of 7 miles cycle ride to and from class

Total body conditioning class

Saturday

1mile run

Summer games with my fitness group.
    3 leg race, sack race, skipping race, wheelbarrow race (but like a school sports day with the addition of alcohol).
    Rounders

Somewhat tipsy 2 mile walk to the pub
  • MaryContrary1972
    MaryContrary1972 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    40 miles on mountain bike
  • Susan3758
    Susan3758 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    💅 just chilling it's Sunday
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nothing to report for the past two days, and today will be another forced rest day. I have a nasty summer cold I’m trying to recover from. I really can’t stand being laid up, especially with the beautiful weather. Fingers crossed I’m back to myself tomorrow!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Feel better @jnomadica !

Today was a 10 mile bike ride... Had to call it and phone a friend (hubby) for pick-up at the 10 mile mark due to a sudden downpour.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Feel better @jnomadica !

Today was a 10 mile bike ride... Had to call it and phone a friend (hubby) for pick-up at the 10 mile mark due to a sudden downpour.

Thank you!!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Sunday.

Active rest.

6mile hike exploring the beauty that is Constable Country.

1 mile run waiting for the bus home
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    @ Aoyoke - sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats on your race. Sounds very fun. Pat yourself on the back for putting yourself slightly outside your comfort zone. I think everyone should do that now and again. Helps you grow massively in more ways than physical.

90 minutes of cardio at the gym today. Really nice job of keeping the HR in check. 30 on the rower, then 30 on the stairmaster and 25 on the bike. Rest just between equipment having the HR fall naturally. Nothing over 70% of max. All between 65% and 70%, so true long, slow day.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I lifted weights this morning.
    I warmed up with a 500m indoor row, which took 1.47. This is my best time for a sprint, and may be bordering on respectable.

Then I squatted (90 kgs) and benched (55 kgs), both of which felt good. I finished with some facepulls.

This evening, I swam 1k fairly slowly. I messed around a bit, doing a 2 length (40 metres) underwater swim, and doing backwards breaststroke for 1 length. This is a useful skill for scuba, so I occasionally do it in the pool.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    @ Aoyoke - sounds like you had a great weekend! Congrats on your race. Sounds very fun. Pat yourself on the back for putting yourself slightly outside your comfort zone. I think everyone should do that now and again. Helps you grow massively in more ways than physical.

90 minutes of cardio at the gym today. Really nice job of keeping the HR in check. 30 on the rower, then 30 on the stairmaster and 25 on the bike. Rest just between equipment having the HR fall naturally. Nothing over 70% of max. All between 65% and 70%, so true long, slow day.

Thanks Mike! Out of my comfort zone was definitely where I was at given that it was my first sculling race and the water conditions were horrible. Rowing in general is essentially a bunch of me pushing myself fairly far outside of my comfort zone ;)

Well done at the gym today! My rest day involved waking up early, driving for a while (but not as long as if I had left later), sleeping off and on all day, and then unloading a boat trailer in 90 degree heat.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    8/5
    am

Mobility
    Animal Flow Daily 5
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    6 x 2 (12)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    6 x 6 (36)
    Yoga
    Warmup - 5 Rounds
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Meditate
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    8/4/2019 - rest day and some serious napping and sleeping; I awakened feeling like a “rich man.”

Back on the saddle today with a full load workout planned after a week of active rest and recovery.