Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• surfbug808surfbug808 Member Posts: 251 Member Member Posts: 251 Member
    30 min wake-up stretches/warm-up
    30 min stretch/warm-up/cardio, activation at gym
    5 min elliptical
    90 min strength training (I'm tired now!)
    15 min cool down stretching

Spa....!
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Erging because of dock maintenance and a ton of rain. Around 14,300m including warming up and cooling down. 12,102m until I finish the Holiday Challenge.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,894 Member Member Posts: 1,894 Member
    I haven't posted on this board for awhile but I have been working out every day...

Today 12/21: 140 push ups (40 20 20 20 20 20) and walking for 65 min in the beautiful sunshine with a pulled hamstring! ....now on ice!
  • BrownSugar174BrownSugar174 Member Posts: 270 Member Member Posts: 270 Member
    I had an absolutely awesome hike with my daughter at Cannon’s Point Preserve! If you are ever visiting Saint Simons Island, Georgia you will love this! 99h3sqi2mqh3.jpeg
    mietdz0qunj4.png
    emfql8pwf0xz.jpeg

edited December 2019
  • goatggoatg Member, Premium Posts: 1,401 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited December 2019
  • soniasharma2soniasharma2 Member Posts: 15 Member Member Posts: 15 Member
    Football field:

100 yrds each:
    walking lunges
    bear crawl
    burpee/broad jum
    squat broad jump
    side plank walk
    lunge hop

Finish with 15 min stair run
  • jlhalley7835jlhalley7835 Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    swqou95lxzcq.png

8x8 volume training, chest and back today. It is my first week doing this type of training and it is nice to be sore again! Substituted dumbbell incline press for a barbell incline press, to help out an nagging pain in my forearm.

i also added

3 sets x 10 Reps of Face Pulls and Trap Pulls at the end of the workout.
  • surfbug808surfbug808 Member Posts: 251 Member Member Posts: 251 Member
    30 min stretch, 45 min ocean swim... active rest day...
  • Mark_C81Mark_C81 Member Posts: 137 Member Member Posts: 137 Member
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,451 Member Member Posts: 1,451 Member
    40 minutes on the rower outside -- chilly this AM (around 40 degrees), then 40 more on the AirBike. 1150 calories or so. Worked on the yard for 3 hours after.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member Posts: 14,968 Member Member Posts: 14,968 Member
    After a rest day (and hyper-indulge-y but fairly protein-rich potluck with my mixed-media arts/crafts group) yesterday, another 8,671m on the C2 rowing machine, 2:27.1 average pace, 20spm. Again shooting for 20 spm or under, 10m+ per stroke. 29% Z3, 50% Z4, including CD & the breaks + row-in/out.
    40 minutes on the rower outside -- chilly this AM (around 40 degrees), then 40 more on the AirBike. 1150 calories or so. Worked on the yard for 3 hours after.

Mike: Hit at least 51F here in MI today . . . I rowed inside anyway. :lol:;)
  • JaxxieKatJaxxieKat Member Posts: 417 Member Member Posts: 417 Member
    The Denise Austin 6 Minute Slimmers booty workout from her 25 Days of Fitness Challenge.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,451 Member Member Posts: 1,451 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    After a rest day (and hyper-indulge-y but fairly protein-rich potluck with my mixed-media arts/crafts group) yesterday, another 8,671m on the C2 rowing machine, 2:27.1 average pace, 20spm. Again shooting for 20 spm or under, 10m+ per stroke. 29% Z3, 50% Z4, including CD & the breaks + row-in/out.

Mike: Hit at least 51F here in MI today . . . I rowed inside anyway. :lol:;)

My stepson is coming for X-Mas for the first time and we are supposed to have 3 days of rain and Cincy (where we're from and he still lives) is supposed to be 50 and sunny! Oh well, this is as bad as it gets here. In Jan/Feb, we'll be back up in the low 60s again. I was so cold this AM! Amazing how the body adjusts to warmer climate and doesn't like cold any longer. Same stepson is getting married in Feb in Cincy. Looking forward to the wedding but not the weather!

Lots of great meters Ann!
    edited December 2019
  • Mark_C81Mark_C81 Member Posts: 137 Member Member Posts: 137 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Erging because of dock maintenance and a ton of rain. Around 14,300m including warming up and cooling down. 12,102m until I finish the Holiday Challenge.

You and Ann made me want to look at how far off I am - I had that 10 days off from that cyst under my arm (I think like the first five days or so of the challenge, maybe longer). Even with that, I'm only 16K away from making it to 100K. Might be achievable after all -- 10K today and 6K tomorrow is very doable.
    edited December 2019
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 386 Member Member, Premium Posts: 386 Member
    I went bouldering for 100 minutes. This was quite an average session, although I got one harder one towards the end. (I used my head against an overhang as third point of contact. So I get zero marks for style, some marks for pragmatism.)
  • LolinloggenLolinloggen Member Posts: 415 Member Member Posts: 415 Member
    Just my usual weights workout and a short easy 4k run to loosen up from yesterday's 12k
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member Posts: 14,968 Member Member Posts: 14,968 Member
    5,493 C2 rowing machine meters, again completing the C2 200k Holiday Challenge, plus a little nibble extra, and one day before the last day.

Not shooting for anything in particular this workout (except adequate technique), just trying to bash through it, because my schedule made it most workable to do it fasted, which I hate. For the 4k of work pieces, 2:28.4 pace, at 22spm. Z3 (48%), only a little Z4 (3%), rest lower.

I think I'm figuring out that I dislike fasted workouts so much because my heart rate is a bit lower at the same watt output (which seems like it might be a good thing, but no): It just feels worse (harder). Last night's first 2 2k pieces were about the same split/watts as today's two, but my heart rate was a little lower today, and it felt harder. Ugh.

Last week, I hit 830 Garmin active minutes, 5.5x the default goal of 150 (which I assume is based on governmental recommendations for 150 minutes of moderate activity per week, or 75 of vigorous). Garmin counts moderate minutes as 1 "active minute" each, vigorous minutes as 2 "active minutes" each. This week . . . I won't. :lol:

It's calendar time for a volume drop, for me. Li'l ol' lady only does this stuff for fun, mostly.

Merry Christmas (or holiday of your choice) to all!
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 2,475 Member Member Posts: 2,475 Member
    4 mile run around the island
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    12,102m to finish off the holiday challenge, but first there was much faffing around with the slides. The floor in the room that I was in has a slight slant, and thus. There are multiple pieces of carpet scraps specifically for dealing this issue. If we don't include the first 2,500m when I was dealing with that, my average split was around 2:12
    aokoye wrote: »

You and Ann made me want to look at how far off I am - I had that 10 days off from that cyst under my arm (I think like the first five days or so of the challenge, maybe longer). Even with that, I'm only 16K away from making it to 100K. Might be achievable after all -- 10K today and 6K tomorrow is very doable.

16k is totally doable. Totally totally doable.