What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

30min early morning session with my trainer. Mix of trx and sprints.

Mini tri workout set by my trainer.
    1000m row
    7km bike
    3km run (yep you guessed it taking in my hill, only one more time to go up it this month)

2 mile Walk down to class.

PiYo

Zumba
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    60 min Peleton powezone endurance ride. Basically long zone 3 intervals.

Crappy weigh in this a.m. despite a good few days of inputs. Oh well. Carry on.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Steady rain and cold, no row.

3 x 10' on Concept 2 rower, all moderate to high-moderate steady state, shooting for under 2:30 split (2:28.5, 2:28.2, 2:25.6), 22-24spm, damper around mid-3.

1st 10' before breakfast with 2' CD, other 2 pieces later in the day as 2 x 10' on, 2' off. PM pieces, first 2' off was drink break & row in easy, 2nd was CD, and did about another 4' at super duper extra easy pace (2:58.8) for more CD.

At different points, working on heels down immediately, keeping hips behind body, firming back/shoulders for connection: i.e., basic tech stuff.

HR response a little more reassuring (i.e. lower than last time, HRavg 134/HRmax 146 on the AM piece, HRavg 123/HRmax 163 on the PM pieces). Amounts to AM being mostly Z3 (75%), PM roughly 25% each in Z2-3-4, rest split between Z1 (16%) & Z5 (only 1%).

I hate working out fasted: Ugh.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Most of my workout today was getting past the unreasonable anxiety about just walking into the gym. I was only about 5 minutes later than usual getting myself in there, and nothing bad happened. So I wrote that down to remind myself that I'll never collect insurance moneys for weight room PTSD, because that's really not a thing, and it's not the weight room's fault anyway.

5x5

Squats @ 105
    Bench @ 50
    Rows @ 60
    Lat pull down @ 57.5

Plus about 15,000 steps walking to the gym and home and doing work stuff.

Weights are all still depressingly low, but heart rate spikes still show that I should still be cautious about jumping back up to where I left off in June. Post workout whining by various muscle groups is tapering off, finally, so at least I don't stop to question my life choices every time I try to sit down or get up from a chair. >_<
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Rest day. But I walked 4 miles to get groceries and carried it home in a backpack... then did 10 minutes of abs at home.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Biked 17km | 10.56 Miles | 31:00 | 2 x 10 Reps Squats

More Gym tomorrow and transitioning to Tuesday/Thursday Running/Rowing and away from the bike.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    yesterday's workout: 100 pushups, 40 min spin bike
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Peleton powerzone ride: threshold intervals.
    15 min Warmup
    3 x 5 min at threshold w/ 1 min rest
    3 x 4 min intervals at threshold w/ 1 min rest

But, bailed on last interval and used it as cool down.

:blush:
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Morning workout (pilates) and walking. Clocking up 13K steps
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    1609 Time Trial for my Indoor Rowing club. 1609 meters, it turns out, is one mile. So this was a one mile Indoor Rowing all out sprint. Rowing times, also, at least on the C2, are very similar to running times. Since most of you are more familiar with that. I did a 6:13. I was a bit disappointed as I wanted to finish around 1:54 pace but finished 1:55.9 pace instead. Give me a good idea of what my 2K time is currently -- around 7:45. Respectable racing times, for my age group (I move up an age group in 2 days to the 55 to 59 group -- the only time getting older is good!), are under 7:30, so I've got some ways to go still.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Missed leg workout yesterday, so today is a leg workout.
    Deadlifts, squats, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thursday...tough on the legs today.

Started the day with PT and as the climax of my 30 days of Coxs Hill challenge, I pulled her up the hill. Ridiculously hard, my legs and lungs were burning by the top.

Then went to the gym for leg day. Same workout as last week, but all sets upped by one rep. Plus added squats @40kg. Legs were burning by the end of the 2 hours (included 20min cardio to finish)

Then after a few hours rest it was tabata followed by barbell this evening. Legs are really feeling it now.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Full body weight training and 30 min on spin bike.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    30 min elliptical
    10 min abs
    18x 30 sec sprints 30 sec walk

15 squats with 50 lbs
    30 side lunges
    Repeat 3x

Stretching
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    2 mile run and yoga. It was freezing outside when I did my run so I turned on my space heater while I did yoga and it felt seriously amazing!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    3.25 mile walk this morning. Trick or treating with the kids tonight.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    40 minute walk to see my physiotherapist. Later 3 sets of 15 knee extensions and 3 sets of 15 of leg press both for my bad knee. I don’t know what the weight was. The weights are just labelled 1,2,3,4.. etc. What does that mean? 10, 20, 30, 40 pounds?? Then a little cycling. Just getting back into exercise again. Feel good that I got back to the gym.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I got a couple of fillings in my teeth yesterday and of course every time I get dental work done I still think I can run on all cylinders after despite someone hammering around in my mouth for a while and giving me a headache. So lift day turned into rest day.

Today I went to another hard spin class which felt great. There's a gym near me that has the best spin classes and I can sign up via ClassPass easily. It's a nice way to break out of my usual gym and routine, but I've really gotta get back on the strength training wagon. The last two weeks have been a little spotty.