• surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    20 min stretching/warm-up
    10 min cardio/warm-up rowing
    90 min strength training & PT, lower body
    60 min restorative yoga
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    60 min swim (3000 yards). Focusing on endurance so 3 sets of 500 yards without stopping with shorter sets to break it up
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    I like to save fridays for vanity day....arm workouts. Probably 30 minutes on the elliptical too
  • nohahorizon84
    nohahorizon84 Posts: 3 Member
    45 minutes on the elliptical
    and first day of working on my abs
    and yeah ouch
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited November 2019
    90 minutes' bouldering. This started well: I got a bunch of harder stuff. However, I decided to loads of overhangs, starting at about 45 minutes in to about 1 hour 15 in. I got all of these, but they left me very pumped. I never really recovered, so I fell off the wall a lot.

One of my persistent falls was a new route. I can get to the penultimate hold, but the final hold is miles away. I guess it may need a dyno.

I also got in 20,000 steps, which is a few more than average and not bad for a school night.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Workout Today: Top Half

Starting Stretches
    7 minute Warmup Run on Elliptical at 12 minute mile pace. Slow, but got the heart going as it was supposed to.

Barbell Bench Press - Medium Grip
    3 sets x 10 reps
    Bent Over Barbell Row
    3 sets x 10 reps
    Seated Dumbbell Press
    3 sets x 10 reps
    Barbell Curl
    3 sets x 10 reps
    Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension
    3 sets x 10 reps
    Stairclimb
    7.2 watts for 5 minutes
    Triceps press
    3 x 10 @ 140lbs
    Lat Pull Sideways
    3 x 8 each side @ 16.5lbs
    Tricep Pull
    3 x 8 @ 22lbs
    Inverted Dips
    1 x 10 reps

Tired, hungry, and in need of a good night's sleep now. Leg day tomorrow, then a break on Sunday before restarting the week.

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Morning workout, walk to work and back taking the longer way and a 5k run. >20K step today
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday.
    No PT today and my usual class wasnt on either so I went to a couple of classes included in my gym membership (that had been set up in direct competition to the classes I usually go to)

Hiit - hmm I seemed to spend a lot of time jogging on the spot waiting for everyone else to finish. Not exactly what I would call hiit, and nowhere nearly as hardcore as I'm used to. But you get out what you put in, so I threw myself in to it, not often I'm first finishing burpees.

Barbell - again not what I'm used to (remember i did tabata and barbell last night). A lot more rest, including during tracks. Bit both these classes have their place for people that arent in to or ready for the more hardcore classes.

I then did a short treadmill workout up in the high school gym while my boys roller skated.

1000m run/10 squat jumps
    800m run/12 squat jumps
    600m run/14 squat jumps
    400m run/16 squat jumps
    200m run/18 squat jumps

With everything I've put my legs through in the last 24 hours, they were really complaining and wobbly by the 400m run
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    30 minute leg workout and some abs.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    If my DOMS go away in 3 hours, I will do a chest, tricep, and shoulder workout. Also need to do about 20 minutes of cardio on the stationary bike.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Strong Lifts 5x5 workout B, plus the usual 12k steps just puttering around, staying warm. Oh, and I need to do my shoulder PT tonight. :P
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    30 minutes on the rower and 15 on the Assault Bike. Fairly easy stuff. No HRM -- strap was aggravating this skin blemish on my side -- right where the metal clip buckles, so I've been unstrapped all week. Feels good not to have to monitor HR. 2:19 / 18 or 19 SPM pace on the rower for the 30 minutes and 125 or 130 Watts on the bike (really light).
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Erg: 3 x 10min on/2min off keeping my HR in UT 1. This is the first time I've erged with the goal of keeping my HR in a specific zone and it was interesting (I used my HR strap). Definitely worth doing again. I'm trying out the 40 min fitness plan from the Indoor Rowing Training Guide (pdf).

I've learned that it is fairly difficult to keep my HR in UT 1 (70-80% max HR) and feel like I'm really working (though clearly I was). I basically spent my time just barely above it (I'm using my max HR from my 5k for my max HR) My split was slower than I'm used to, but I also didn't feel like I turned myself inside out which was nice. As I'm wont to do, I fell out of the habit of cycling and erging so I'm trying to get at least one of those back on track. Erging Mon/Wed/Fri is logistically convenient right now and who knows when my rowing club is going to start erging again (sometime later this month maybe).
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    120 push ups & 40 min spin bike
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    90 minutes bouldering.

This session rocked. I got nearly all the routes I tried, including a V2/V3. The grading at this gym is way harder than any other I have been to - it would be a v4 or v,5 elsewhere.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    60 min swim (3000 yards). Focusing on endurance so 3 sets of 500 yards without stopping with shorter sets to break it up

What do you use to estimate cals for swimming? I find MFP kind of high.

I swam 2500 today. Mostly 300s with a set of 100s at the end and 100 drill between the 300s. I input pace, time and weight into a couple of online calculators and the range I got was 525 to 775. So, I'm going with 525.

Just curious if you have a calculator you think is accurate?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    I had a theory that I'd do 3 x 10' on the rowing machine, one before breakfast, the others in the afternoon. Yeah, no. I did the morning one, and in the evening some sets of OHP and bench, some li'l dead hangs, and a few Swiss ball roll-outs. Gonna have to do. ;)

Forgot to report yesterday's totally routine spin class, but it did happen.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Saturday

Cycle to and from bootcamp - around 7miles altogether. Managed to get an 8th place trophy on strava which isn't bad considering it was in to the wind and my bike isn't exactly a racing bike, in fact it's just a commuting bike.

Bootcamp - lots of running and far too many burpees. DOMS kicked in massively during the burpee section to the point where it actually hurt to run.

Going to be spending around 6 hours walking round a very hilly zoo this afternoon
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Workout Today (so far):
    Day 0002 of 1531 or so.

Elliptical
    0.68 miles - 7 Minutes Warmup Run

Squat - These are tough.. Hard to get my arms back farm enough without going super wide. The actual squatting part is easy enough at such light weights.
    2 x 8 @ Bar + 50lbs
    1 x 8 @ Bar + 90lbs

Leg Press
    3 x 10 reps machine + 4(45lbs)

Stiff Legged Barbell Deadlift
    3 x 10 Reps @ Bar + 90lbs

Seated Leg Curls
    1 x 10 - 120lbs
    1 x 10 - 140lbs
    1 x 10 - 100lbs

Leg Press Calf Raises
    1 x 20 @ 160lbs
    1 x 20 @ 240lbs
    1 x 20 @ 200lbs

Crunches:
    3 x 10 Reps

Hanging Leg Raise:
    3 x 10 Reps

Treadmill:
    7 minutes to cool down.

One thing is for sure: I wish I had a personal trainer to teach me the basic moves/exercises. Trying to mimic a 15 second bodybuilding.com video is tricky af.

Good workout overall I think. Tomorrow is a rest day. I might go in to just hit 10,000 steps walking and do some stretches to get out of the house. Won't be working out other than that. Back to upper body on Mondag. I'm trying not to go nuts and do way too much. Hitting my sets and moving on, regardless of what pride/bravado/hubris tells me.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Meant to get outside on bike but it was 31 degrees so did a 60 min spin. Didn't feel great.