What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• rockymountaindawn
    rockymountaindawn Posts: 146 Member
    Wow! Some of these workouts! You guys are amazing!

I feel almost sily posting mine in comparison! But hey! Gotta start somewhere, right?!

Yesterday:
    swimming - 30 mins.
    Laps: breast stroke, side stroke, free style
    30 mins. water yoga

Today: morning floor exercise
    50 situps (2 sets - 25 each)
    80 leg lifts (2 sets - 40 each)
    50 core twists (1 set)
    30 min. Yoga - vinyasa flow
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Wow! Some of these workouts! You guys are amazing!

I feel almost sily posting mine in comparison! But hey! Gotta start somewhere, right?!

Yesterday:
    swimming - 30 mins.
    Laps: breast stroke, side stroke, free style
    30 mins. water yoga

Today: morning floor exercise
    50 situps (2 sets - 25 each)
    80 leg lifts (2 sets - 40 each)
    50 core twists (1 set)
    30 min. Yoga - vinyasa flow

Nice swim work. Thinking I'd really struggle if I attempted water yoga!
  • Djproulx
    Skipped my indoor trainer session in favor of an easy outdoor ride with a couple friends who are newbie cyclists. Beautiful night to ride along the river while watching the fly fisherman. We spent 1:45:00 covering 22 miles at a social pace (13mph). All fun, no pain.

Back to the lap pool tomorrow.
  • rockymountaindawn
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Nice swim work. Thinking I'd really struggle if I attempted water yoga!

Lol.. thanks! It's a relatively new thing for me! I've done yoga for years, but took an impulse water yoga class while visiting some hot springs back in May, and i was hooked. Gives the word balance a whole new meaning when you're in the water!

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I did a random selection of upper body things:

Hangboarding. This was my first session in a while. It went OK, getting 10 seconds on the 15mm ledge.

I then benched, doing 3 sets of 5 @ 55kgs.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    7-9 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)
    Conditioning: E3MOM
    Jumprope - 5x2m (10m) (15m)
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x30s (1m30s)

6-7 pm:
    Strength:
    Ring Dip - 4x4r (16r)
    Hang - 4x30s (2m)
  • Djproulx
    Swim workout today. A mix of speed and endurance.
    Warmup drills, then 10x50's and 4x 400's. 2650 yds total.
  • rockymountaindawn
    After 4 hours of what I would concider strenuous activity: non stop at work: getting my (new to me) art class set up with desks, tables, chairs shelving units.. paints, supplies and more supplies.. and cleaning top to bottom... classes start in just a couple weeks!! .... i then went home and all i could think of was relaxing in the pool..

That never happens though.. i cant help but swim when i get in. (Which actually is relaxing for me, in a way..)

So .. 45 mins. Assorted laps.. breast, side, and back strokes...
  • tegass1994
    tegass1994 Posts: 11 Member
    50 squats.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Morning bootcamp, evening will be badminton
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I did weighted pull ups, working up to +17.5 kgs. +20 kgs proved to be too much - I am weak. I was on the jugs on my hangboard, I think I find a bar slightly easier.

My slightly random finisher was a few deadlifts @100 kgs.
  • J72FIT
    7-9 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x30s (1m30s)

6-7 pm:
    Strength:
    HSPU - 4x2r (8r)
    Hang - 4x30s (2m)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2021
    Been taking the week off. Pretty sure I had Covid. Daughter and wife came back not feeling well from trip to Ohio. Daughter's boyfriend tested positive, daughter negative. He had same exact symptoms I did. Went from headache to body ache to chest within three days. Mostly just tired now. Other symptoms all gone (thank you Pfizer). The Friday workout, where I felt off, was a big red flag.

After that easy workout on Tuesday, I had to sleep for nearly 20 hours. Taking the rest of the week off. Glad I was fully vaxxed. What could have been ugly has just been a small nuisance.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 673 Member
    Zumba Max dvd I love to dance 💃💃
  • rockymountaindawn
    Was planning on taking it easy today due to first dose of Pfizer yesterday, but had more desks, tables and art supplies to haul in and out of the studio all morning at work. And since the studio is on the lower level of the art center, i got in about 20 flights of stairs making trips up and down while i was at it.. im counting that as a workout!😁

Lastly.. it was another hot day after work so needed to cool off in the pool.. but my arm feels a little soar today, (guessing from the shot)..so only 30 min. Of light swimming.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Wednesday is my peak for the week so after yesterday’s 4 mile 40 min run with a rough night sleep I did an easy 2 miles with 20 min of elliptical this afternoon. Some yard work afterwards. Ready for better night sleep tonight.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2021
    Was planning on taking it easy today due to first dose of Pfizer yesterday, but had more desks, tables and art supplies to haul in and out of the studio all morning at work. And since the studio is on the lower level of the art center, i got in about 20 flights of stairs making trips up and down while i was at it.. im counting that as a workout!😁

Lastly.. it was another hot day after work so needed to cool off in the pool.. but my arm feels a little soar today, (guessing from the shot)..so only 30 min. Of light swimming.

I had a huge scare after the first shot (not being one to take it easy :D ). I had the Pfizer one too and tried a harder row on the rowing machine a couple of days after. Had exercise induced asthma and couldn't breathe for a minute or two. Was coughing so bad that my HR wouldn't drop. Was scary as hell, to be honest.

Good news is they are saying (I likely have Covid now) that the best protection you can have is two jabs and then catch Covid, not that I'd recommend it! I'm bulletproof now!

Was planning on working out tomorrow, but was up all night again with a headache and today it's slightly in my chest again. This is like cycle two of the same symptoms, just moving faster from stage to stage and not lasting nearly as long.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Morning did some interval training and ran a 5K
  • Djproulx
    Very humid during last night's run. 65minutes. Starting with 10 min warmup pace, then 3 x 16 minute intervals (8min hard, 7 min harder, 1 min recovery), then cool down jog.

Bike this am was a series of cadence ladders plus some plain old endurance outputs. 3 x 12min cadence ladders holding 170 watts at various rpms 65-70, 60-65, 55-60, etc. Finished with 10min@140watts and 5 min cooldown.

Endurance to race pace swim on the training plan for tonight. Will probably substitute a long open water swim, since Sunday's forecast is for heavy rain from tropical storm Henri.

• J72FIT
    7-9 am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x30s (1m30s)

6-7 pm:
    Strength:
    Pull-up - 4x4r (16r)