What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Wishing speedy recovery to those on the mend here!
    Indeed, and good luck in your race.

Wednesday
    I aimed to go climbing, but worked until after midnight. So I just went for a short run instead, around the block. It took about 9 minutes, so Fitbit's GPS didn't kick in. It seems to have been about 1.7km.

Thursday
    Climbing, 75 minutes.
    I was in a lot better form than my previous two sessions. I still wasn't brilliant, I got a few v2-v4s and pretty much all the v1-v3s. They gym had reset, so most of the routes were new to me.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Some days you don't feel like working out hard and today was one of those days. Usually it's a very clear sign that you need a rest day or have been pushing too hard. Tomorrow is my rest day and I have been pushing pretty hard, so, yeah, there's that.

Still got it done -- 8 supersets lifting (wait till HR drops below 60% max, do another set) followed by four X 1000m rows w/ 1:30 rest. More or less "capped" the rows at around 85% max HR. I didn't really have it in me to do 90% today. Still a good hour. Around 800 calories burned. And that was with my HR monitor chest strap coming unsnapped 3 times and losing the HR.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Pool swim today. 2800 yds. warmup, drillls, then 4 x100's and 4 x 400's.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    So close to the sub 20min 5km!!

r5c64qlm2zlp.png
  • Djproulx
    Options
    So close to the sub 20min 5km!!

r5c64qlm2zlp.png

Nice! That is really moving!
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Two hour trail run this morning. Humid and buggy, but nice to run in the woods. Need more swim work, so headed straight to the lake after the run. An1800yd continuous open water swim with no wetsuit was a great cool down.

Focusing on recovery for the rest of today, since tomorrow will be a long training day. Group of us will ride a 100 mile bike course with a short transition run to follow.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Road bike for 19.2 miles @ 13.1 mph average. Started out at a faster pace but the heat and humidity caught up with me towards the end of the ride.

Turns out I did bend the brake lever on the bike during the unplanned dismount, but it was easy enough to bend back into place. Other than that and some lost skin, everything is good.

I will be incorporating strength back into the mix starting on Monday... the bruise on my palm should be healed enough to allow mw to do pushups by then.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Had a great training ride with tri club friends, most of whom are registered for the Chattanooga race in Sept. Early morning start of 52miles in a western loop, then after a 15 minute "aid station" lunch, we did a second 48 mile loop east of the river. Perfect weather, beautiful scenery and a fun group. Covered 100 miles in just over 6.5 hrs @ a 16.6mph moving average. After the run, three of us did a 30 minute transition run to shake out the legs.

Rest day tomorrow.

1z5tfh2aah0t.jpg

• LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My workout is 20 minutes to 40 minutes oh stairmaster, 20 minutes to 40 minutes of stretch exercise and I just now include zumba 20 minutes a day. I usually do 40 min to 60 min of workout a day for 7 days a week. Is it enough?
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I did a 40 minute bike ride - gravel and dirt trails - first time I have been on a bike in probably 6 years (frozen shoulders made it impossible to ride for 1.5 years so I gave my bike away.) Anyway two short rides so far have been the opposite of fun. Exhausting and I had to walk up any significant inclines, but if my knee holds out I'll keep at it. :smile:
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Climbing

This was OK, I actually got a proper dyno. (I am rubbish at dynos.) My balance-y slab stuff was nicely controlled.

Saturday
    Diving

A quick quarry trip a friend wanted to test his kit. Visibility was poor, at some points I couldn't see my computer (which is on my wrist). I had the neck seal on my drysuit replaced, which was successful, and so this was the driest dive I've had this year

Sunday
    Climbing coaching. This was good fun, we looked at footwork on slab and if I could climb without my hands. I did a 10 mile walk afterwards.
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    My workout is 20 minutes to 40 minutes oh stairmaster, 20 minutes to 40 minutes of stretch exercise and I just now include zumba 20 minutes a day. I usually do 40 min to 60 min of workout a day for 7 days a week. Is it enough?

That sounds like a great routine. Though Stairmasters are a point of contention with me. I see people ruining their shoulders on those things. If you use a Stairmaster, make sure you're not having to grind through it. If you are putting all your weight on your arms (I see it all the time at the gym) in order to keep up, you're going too fast for your ability. A Stairmaster should be something where you hold on for safety/balance, not to prop yourself up. 20 minutes, with good form, on a Stairmaster is great.

I did just 40 minutes yesterday but had an active day. Did 20 on the rowing machine and 20 on the Assault Bike. Also got in the pool and swam for a while and went to TopGolf and hit balls with my family (my son's in town, so we have both kids this week -- a nice treat).
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Yesterday 10K so rest today morning... evening badminton
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7-9 am: Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)

6-7 pm: Strength:
    HSPU - 4x2r (8r)
    Hang - 4x30s (2m)
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Sunday was an active rest day for me.

This morning I rode 15.6 miles on the bike and have been doing bodywork workouts during breaks from the computer.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Finally put my lower back injury from a misaligned deadlift behind me, so back in the gym I go!

Today was push day, so:

Heavy bench presses - 5 sets, 5-1 reps (reps go down as weight goes up each set)
    DB OHP - 3x10
    Cable pushdowns - 3x10
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Continuing with the bike rides - did 17.3 miles at 13.4 mph average. Also doing push-ups/squats every hour during work.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7-9am:
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations (10-30m)
    Conditioning
    Jumprope - 5x300r (2m) (1500r) (10m)
    Strength
    Vacuums - 3x30s (1m30s)

6-7 pm:
    Strength:
    Pull-up - 4x4r (16r)
    Handstand Wall Hold - 4x30s (2m)
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Pull Day

Pullups - 3 sets
    BB Row - 4 sets
    DB Row - 5 sets
    Facepull - 3 sets
    Cable curl - 3 sets
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Did an easy 45 minutes today. 30 on the rower, 15 on the Assault Bike.