What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,732 Member
    Seated leg press 3x12 (160lbs)
    Seated calf raise 3x12 (120lbs)
    Seated leg curl 2x12, 1x9 (120lbs), single leg 3x12 (60lbs) LLE
    Leg extension 2x12 (85lbs), 1x12 (65lbs), single leg 3x6 (30lbs) LLE
    Hip adduction 1x12 (155lbs), 2x12 (150lbs)
    Hip abduction 1x12 (155lbs), 2x12 (150lbs)
    Abdominal 3x12 (115lbs)

Was not feeling it today. Gutted through with some weight drops (leg extension and hip abduct/adduct) and skipped Torso rotations
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Seated leg press 3x12 (160lbs)
    Seated calf raise 3x12 (120lbs)
    Seated leg curl 2x12, 1x9 (120lbs), single leg 3x12 (60lbs) LLE
    Leg extension 2x12 (85lbs), 1x12 (65lbs), single leg 3x6 (30lbs) LLE
    Hip adduction 1x12 (155lbs), 2x12 (150lbs)
    Hip abduction 1x12 (155lbs), 2x12 (150lbs)
    Abdominal 3x12 (115lbs)

Was not feeling it today. Gutted through with some weight drops (leg extension and hip abduct/adduct) and skipped torso rotations. Just didn't have the energy. I wish I'd gone this morning at 9 right after work instead of taking a short sleep (2.5hrs).then going to a dr's appt then to the gym
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,988 Member
    edited August 22
    Easing “back” in… pun intended, lol!

KB Press - 2x5/5x24k
    Chin - 2x5 (from a dead hand one chin every 5 seconds…)
    A Wheel - 1x10

No dead’s, squats or cleans… back not ready yet
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,742 Member
    Wednesday

Cardio: Incline Treadmill Walk - 60min, 540 calories

Today

Weights: Upper Body - Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Machine Reverse Fly 3x10
    Machine Lat Raise 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec
  • J72FIT
    100 push ups - 5x2/3/5/10
    100 face pulls - 5x20
    1.5 mile walk...
  • nossmf
    Lower Body

Squat 4x10
    Rack Pull 4x10
    Leg Press <<superset> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x10
    Seated Leg Curl 4x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,589 Member
    Betcha I rowed again. Coached row, bow of the double, about 9k. Lucky me, the stroke rower who was in my boat today is an assistant coach of the local NCAA Div I women's rowing team, and not so long ago a successful collegiate rower herself. Rowing with her is like the boat equivalent of riding an e-bike: Going fast without much effort of my own. (I tried hard, though!) As usual, it was a mix of drills and some harder-push interval pieces.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,889 Member
    I participated in a Paddlecross race to support a local non-profit. I had some crazy idea that I might win the under ten-foot kayak category. Let's just say I did a lot worse than I expected. The worst part is I let all that get into my head, and I can't shake it.

I identified my main competition well before we started. I have a fast boat; so did he. He was in his 20s too. The other boats weren't necessarily fast boats. I watched the fast guy pull away pretty quickly. I was second for a while until I got passed by another fellow, probably in his 30s or early 40s. I paced him hoping he'd lose steam and I'd pass. About a mile before the end of the race, the other early 20s paddler passed me. I told him he was just teasing me the whole time. He said, "Let's go pass that other guy." I told him I thought I was done. He said, "Nah - you can do it; let's go." That was pretty neat, and I came in just a few seconds after him.

I was able to pass three paddlers in the 10-foot and over category, so it's not like I was slow, but I really let it get into my head. I hope I can shake it.

I wonder how I would have done if I had entered the long boat category and took my canoe. For sure I wouldn't have beat the top three in that class. One was on a surf ski, and the other two top finishers were in long sea kayaks. Sea kayaks are usually just flat out faster than canoes. Oddly, the surf ski came in third. It was a borrowed boat. I might have been faster than the fourth sea kayak, but maybe not. Next year I don't think I'll race, or maybe I'll enter the canoe or get in a tandem with another paddler. Maybe I'll just be a safety boat and have fun and not have to race.

I think this may be the first time I've entered any kind of race as an adult. I guess I'm not a racer.

• nicsflyingcircus
    Incline press 3x12 (50lbs)
    Decline press 1x12, 2x11 (60lbs)
    Chest press 1x12, 1x9 (60lbs), 1x12 (55lbs)
    Shoulder press 3x12 (60lbs)
    Pectoral fly 3x12 (50lbs)
    Triceps press 3x12 (100lbs)
    Lateral raise 3x12 (25lbs) single arm
    Abdominal crunch 3x12 (120lbs)

I and out in an hour flat. Managed this by going right as the doors opened and cutting my rest times to 1 minute. Wasn't too busy yet, so no waits for machines though I did have to do my shoulder press before instead of after my decline press due to usage.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Lat pulldown 1x6 (105lbs), 2x12 (85lbs)
    Front pulldown 3x12 (100lbs)
    High row 2x12 (90lbs), 1x9 (80lbs)
    Mid row 3x12 (185lbs)
    Rear delt fly 1x12 (40lbs), 2x12 (35lbs)
    Back extension 3x12 (175lbs)
    Bicep curl 3x12 (55lbs) single arm
    Abdominal 3x12 (120lbs)
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 458 Member
    Last night: stationary bike ride (recovering from COVID)
    3x5:00 with 2 mins easy in between sets. HR in zone 2.
  • J72FIT
    6-7 am: Mobility/Flexibility
    Yoga

Strength
    HSPU - 3x3
    Chin - 2x5
    Dead - 2x5x156lbs
    Wheel - 1x10

2-3 pm: Strength
    Press - 2x5/5x24k
    Lever Arch - 2x5
    Clean - 2x5/5x24k
    Carry - 2x60s (1L1R) 24k
  • nossmf
    Upper Body - Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 251 Member
    2 miles on my walking pad. Been doing 2 miles a day since Saturday. Friday was only 1.7. I’m going to try and keep it going because I’m 5’4” and am way too heavy for this height.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,372 Member
    30 minute walk today.
    Following M&S Dumbbell Routine so today was an off day.
  • AnnPT77
    Didn't report yesterday: The usual just under 7k rowing bow in the quad in the morning, mostly doing moderate pace rowing with some technical drills because it was hot and humid, but we did throw in some 10 hard/10 easy intervals toward the end. Later, carried a few boats while supervising open rowing, but didn't row again.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Treadmill, incline walk - 560 calories
  • mtaratoot
    Paddled about 6.5 miles. It was far more pleasant than racing for five miles. We were on a peaceful arm of a reservoir with little wind and good weather. Eleven seniors participated plus me and one other staff member. One of the participants was very fussy about the route we took to get to the reservoir. Others thought the five minute longer (and easier/more scenic) route was PERFECT because it gave the rain enough time to stop before we got to the ramp.

The exercise I got wasn't just from paddling. We have to load 14 kayaks from the racks where they are stored onto the trailer, then unload at the ramp, then load back on the trailer, then do the Tetris to get them back put away. Of course we also have to move paddles and PFDs, but they are much lighter and easier to move around.

I opted not to go SCUBA dive today. I'll get some rest and do chores, I'll get ready for a talk I'm giving tomorrow, I'll get ready for the next paddle trip to a place I love (unless that changes), and get ready for an overnight party/camp trip filled with music, food, and beverages. I might sneak out and hike up the peak since it doesn't seem that hazy, and I might get some nice views.
  • AnnPT77
    More row: It's always more row, isn't it? I was 3 seat of the quad (engine room) so got to work on technical stuff more than usual, which is great.

I did have to shorten my stroke a tad because 2 seat is a newer rower who was working on squaring up earlier and continuing on the slide before catching. (New rowers recover with their blade resting flat on the water for extra stability. They get used to "flip catching", i.e, squaring up at the last second, at the end of the slide. It's a difficult transition to recover with the blade flat in the air, square up earlier, keep sliding, then catch the water for the next stroke.) She would (naturally) square up early, but catch immediately - short strokes. That's a normal transitional phase, while struggling to change. But we kept clashing oars. So I adjusted to be a little shorter through the water, temporarily.

We went just a tad over 7k, a bit longer than usual, because we negotiated with the university ski club that they'd stay in their slalom buoy course, and we'd stay upstream and do multiple loops rather than one long loop including the part of the river where their buoy course is. I estimated when we should turn to get close to our standard distance (because I had a Garmin), and I was a bit off. Oh, well. It was a moderate steady state row with tech work, more Z2 than Z3 for me.

Later, I did the short walk to/from the farmers market, as usual on most Wednesdays. It was quite a bit cooler than yesterday, but still a steam bath. The pineapple lemonade ice pop (with whole blueberries) that I got there was really nice. Garmin - that flatterer - thinks my "fitness age" is holding steady at 27, based on that walk. :D:D:D
  • mtaratoot
    @AnnPT77

Twenty seven.

Wow!

You're my hero.