Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,988 Member
    6-7 am:
    Mobility/Flexibility
    Yoga

2-3 pm:
    Warm-up
    Hang - 2x30s
    Sit in the bottom of a squat - 2x30s
    Glute Bridge - 2x30s
    Wall Handstand - 2x30s

Strength
    Easy Strength
    HSPU - 3x3
    Front Lever Arch - 3x3
    Dead - 2x5x156lbs
    Squat - 2x5x32k
    Wheel - 1x10
    Carry - 2x60s (1L1R) 32k
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,625 Member
    edited September 4
    More rowing, bow of the double with my longtime rowing buddy J. in stroke seat. It was comfortably cool this morning (maybe 60s F, 16-ish C, mostly?) and nice flat water. We did a long stretch of 10 strokes hard, 10 strokes easy intervals, with one 20 thrown in for variety. We ended up around 8k, after doing an extra loop upstream because we got so far ahead of the quad that was out with us (because they did a bunch of technical drills that were slower over the water, even though they "should" ;) be a faster boat).

So peaceful rowing on such a nice day in the double, with an experienced rower!

Later, the usual Wednesday walk both ways between farmers market and its remote parking lot. So far, I'm still resisting the free pedicab, but that does look fun.
    nossmf wrote: »
    LOL, @annpt77, when I opened your spoiler and saw "Borg" my geek mind immediately went Star Trek-mode and eagerly looked for some type of "fighting off a drone: Level 1" or "fending off a cube, Level 10" scenarios.

I'd guess these incline walks have been at around RPE 4-5; started at 5, now edging downward to more of a 4. Sounds like when things drop to a 3 it may be time to edge the incline up slightly. (I'd rather play with the incline than the speed to keep the impact to my knees negligible, and I'm already at the max duration I want to spend.)

LOL at "Borg"!

Your plan sounds very sensible to me. Glad to hear the RPE is already dropping a bit: Good sign.

Also, changing subjects (in two senses) abruptly: @psychod787, it's nice to see you back around here a bit!
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 27 Member
    Unfortunately, I had a busy schedule, I was unable to work out. I think I would have to work out more.
  • AnnPT77
    Unfortunately, I had a busy schedule, I was unable to work out. I think I would have to work out more.

@LoganBennett715, exercise is good for a body, but it's optional for weight loss, if that's your main goal. Weight loss is all about getting calorie intake less than calorie expenditure. Since our daily life (and just being alive in the first place) burn calories, we can manage weight loss entirely on the eating side of things, if necessary. Exercising just lets a person eat more while achieving the same sensibly moderate weight loss rate, pretty much.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think life is better with some vigorous activity in it, but I wouldn't want a busy person to think they can't manage bodyweight if they miss a workout.

Best wishes!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,771 Member
    I slept through my morning workout time today, must've hit my alarm in my sleep. Guess I needed the rest more than I needed the workout, because I'm feeling good now and will get the workout in tomorrow on my day off.
  • wp6wvrqpzq
    wp6wvrqpzq Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 5
    Today I ran a mile at 5:00 am and then after school I came home hit a 1 hour arm workout. Since I procrastinated yesterday’s workout I accidentally skipped it so I did that today too for an hour. That workout was Legs and Core
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited September 6
    Wednesday
    Climbing, 3 hours. I went with my little brother, who does way shorter sessions than me. I broke him; he twisted his ankle towards the end. It was an existing injury, hopefully he recovers quickly.

Thursday
    Lifting. Squat, bench and deadlift; with done fingerboarding thrown in.
  • LoganBennett715
    LoganBennett715 Posts: 27 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@LoganBennett715, exercise is good for a body, but it's optional for weight loss, if that's your main goal. Weight loss is all about getting calorie intake less than calorie expenditure. Since our daily life (and just being alive in the first place) burn calories, we can manage weight loss entirely on the eating side of things, if necessary. Exercising just lets a person eat more while achieving the same sensibly moderate weight loss rate, pretty much.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think life is better with some vigorous activity in it, but I wouldn't want a busy person to think they can't manage bodyweight if they miss a workout.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the advice! It's nice to know that I can still manage my weight even with a busy life. I'll focus on controlling my diet and exercising when I can. I appreciate your support!
  • nossmf
    Upper Body - Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Machine Reverse Fly 3x10
    Machine Lat Raise 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec
  • AnnPT77
    Rowie-row-row, the usual just under 7k, in bow of the double with one of our new-this-year beginner rowers in stroke seat. She's doing really well!

We mostly did moderate steady state technical work, but threw in a bit of push to see if we could consolidate the tech changes.

Cool, overcast, temps in low 60s F (16-ish C), not a lot of wind and what there was from a non-disruptive direction, sometimes some fine mist/rain, but not enough to be bothersome at this temperature when working. Good stuff.
  • AnnPT77
    Coached row, around 8k, bow of the double with my friend J in stroke seat again. We did some acceleration and pause drills, then a series of higher-power pieces at increasing stroke ratings (spm) but decreasing durations.

Chilly morning, but the sun at an angle that made it almost impossible to see when looking in that direction: All I could see was the sun itself, and a huge sun-reflection on the water. That
    pretty much hid all of the other boats in that direction when we were going downstream (sunward). There were a quad and single out with us, and they had the same problem. Scariest was during some of the timed power pieces, when we were steering through a double span of bridges, without a great view of nearby boats/concrete bridge supports - noting that I'm looking behind me to steer because we face the boat's stern.

Weird: At one point, there was a big, completely unoccupied, stationary jet ski way out in the river. We all saw the obstacle, couldn't tell what it was until right near it (so improbable!). It had escaped from its dock. Our coach pushed it back to its owner on shore, who was about to launch a kayak-ish boat to tow it back.
  • nossmf
    Lower Body

Squat 4x10
    Rack Pull 4x10
    Leg Press <<superset> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x10
    Seated Leg Curl 4x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,734 Member
    Lat pulldown 1x7 (105lbs), 2x12 (85lbs)
    Front pulldown 3x12 (100lbs)
    High row 3x12 (90lbs)
    Mid row 3x12 (185lbs)
    Rear delt fly 3x12 (40lbs)
    Back extension 3x12 (175lbs)
    Bicep curl 3x12 (55lbs) single arm
    Abdominal 3x12 (120lbs)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Seated leg press 1x12 (155lbs), 3x12 (160lbs)
    Seated calf raise 3x12 (120lbs)
    Seated leg curl 3x12 (120lbs)
    Leg extension 1x12 (85lbs), 1x12 (80lbs), 1x12 (75lbs)
    Hip adduction 3x12 (155lbs)
    Hip abduction 3x12 (155lbs)
    Torso rotation 2x12 (115lbs) both sides
    Abdominal 1x12 (125lbs), 2x12 (120lbs)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited September 8
    Friday
    Climbing, 2 hours. Pretty decent session. One slab v4 took me about 2 minutes. I flashed the thing, but it was horrible. (You chimney up between two volumes. It only had three holds.)

Saturday
    12 mile walk. I'm unfit; I was tired at the end. Maybe I should have taken some food or water with me; I tend not to bother for short walks.

Sunday
    Swimming, 1 km.
    Climbing, 2 hours. I was a bit out of form.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Seated leg press 1x12 (155lbs), 3x12 (160lbs)
    Seated calf raise 3x12 (120lbs)
    Seated leg curl 3x12 (120lbs)
    Leg extension 1x12 (85lbs), 1x12 (80lbs), 1x12 (75lbs)
    Hip adduction 3x12 (155lbs)
    Hip abduction 3x12 (155lbs)
    Torso rotation 2x12 (115lbs) both sides
    Abdominal 1x12 (125lbs), 2x12 (120lbs)

Torso rotation was 3x12. Not sure why I bothered correcting that, heh.
  • nossmf
    Upper Body - Power

Bench Press 5x8
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10

Long wondered how well my lifting form stands up. On my last set of bench I asked a guy at the next station to spot me for safety as I went for max reps, banged them out, didn't think twice about it. Later saw my spotter in a different shirt accompanying somebody else, turns out he is one of the new personal trainers at the gym. After my workout I went to the front desk for a pen to make notes in my lifting log, and that trainer was there. When he commented, unsolicited, to the other people how smooth my bench was, that just made my day!
  • AnnPT77
    Yesterday, about an hour and a half practice/training session for a charity dragon boat race coming up next Sunday.

Today, a short row, a little under 5k, in bow of the quad. One of our boat-mates started having a shoulder problem during the row, so we cut it short. We decided to hunt down some extra people (from the university women's rowing team whose practice had just ended) to help us carry the boat back to the boathouse, to avoid further aggravating her shoulder.

(It was pretty windy/choppy anyway, so I don't think anyone was super sad to cut it short today, completely independent of the fact that we care about her. Besides that, it's our absolute standard practice to do whatever possible to help any club member who gets injured, has a limitation, is rehabbing, or whatever.)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Incline press 3x12 (50lbs)
    Decline press 3x12 (60lbs)
    Chest press 3x12(60lbs)
    Shoulder press 3x12 (60lbs)
    Pectoral fly 3x12 (50lbs)
    Lateral raise 3x12 (25lbs) single arm
    Triceps press 3x12 (100lbs)
    Abdominal crunch 3x12 (125lbs)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,897 Member
    Blowing bubbles.

Siphoning up fish poo.

Feeding squid to anemones.

Working as "stick" for the working dive in the shark exhibit.

Just a little over two hours underwater. It was 51 degrees in the first exhibit. The pelagic exhibit was a balmy 59.