Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member Posts: 15,074 Member Member Posts: 15,074 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Kelly9405 wrote: »
    Cheese is disgusting.

Don't worry. Give it alllll to me, and internet Aunt Granny Ann will protect you from the naughty, wicked, icky cheese. ;)

you're gonna have to share with me tho ;)

As long as I get dibs on the Humboldt Fog (at least until I eat myself silly on the stuff), you've got a deal.

And while I'm thinking about it: Someone(s) else can eat pretty much the entire world's supply of Ranch Dressing. I might dip something in it once in a rare time, but it really isn't very good IMO, and I can definitely live without it forever.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,372 Member Member Posts: 3,372 Member
    Kelly9405 wrote: »
    Cheese is disgusting.

Don't worry. Give it alllll to me, and internet Aunt Granny Ann will protect you from the naughty, wicked, icky cheese. ;)

you're gonna have to share with me tho ;)

As long as I get dibs on the Humboldt Fog (at least until I eat myself silly on the stuff), you've got a deal.

And while I'm thinking about it: Someone(s) else can eat pretty much the entire world's supply of Ranch Dressing. I might dip something in it once in a rare time, but it really isn't very good IMO, and I can definitely live without it forever.

Humboldt Fog is my FAVE. so that will be hard to negotiate...

As for ranch dressing: I can only tolerate homemade!
    In my world, mushrooms or spinach in an enchilada are an abomination. I like enchiladas. I like spinach. I like mushrooms. I'm even vegetarian. But major no to spinach or mushroom enchiladas. Ick.
  • kbushe3221kbushe3221 Member Posts: 146 Member Member Posts: 146 Member
    Over cooked meat.

Under cooked baked goods. Been eating undercooked cooked cookies and brownies all my life and haven’t gotten salmonella yet.
  • kbushe3221kbushe3221 Member Posts: 146 Member Member Posts: 146 Member
    Also cold left over pizza for breakfast 🤤
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,933 Member Member Posts: 8,933 Member
    kbushe3221 wrote: »
    Over cooked meat.

Under cooked baked goods. Been eating undercooked cooked cookies and brownies all my life and haven’t gotten salmonella yet.

Some meats are much better over than under cooked. Trust me :)
    Some under cooked baked goods are much better than over cooked, brownie ;)
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 3,372 Member Member Posts: 3,372 Member
    In my world, mushrooms or spinach in an enchilada are an abomination. I like enchiladas. I like spinach. I like mushrooms. I'm even vegetarian. But major no to spinach or mushroom enchiladas. Ick.

I've never actually heard of people putting these in enchiladas??
    People who tell themselves that rice cakes are good are kidding themselves.
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 802 Member Member Posts: 802 Member

Ooh. I discovered Quaker rice crisps, sour cream and onion flavor, apple cinnamon, and caramel. Tiny, textured, and, yes, with flavor. It's a nice little break-time treat.
    ejbronte wrote: »

Ooh. I discovered Quaker rice crisps, sour cream and onion flavor, apple cinnamon, and caramel. Tiny, textured, and, yes, with flavor. It's a nice little break-time treat.

I disagree! I would rather have some kind of puffed snack. just me though!

I've never actually heard of people putting these in enchiladas??

I don't know about elsewhere, but I've seen it quite commonly on menus of Mexican restaurants as part of their vegetarian or vegan options, in more than one part of the US.

Oddly, I did have huitlacoche (a.k.a. corn smut) in a Mexican dish on one occasion, and that was fine. It's a fungus, but has a somewhat different flavor profile than normal mushrooms.

Huitlachoche, BTW, is something that had sounded pretty yucky to me beforehand, having seen it growing on garden corn in my youth. It ain't pretty, at least per my definition. But I made myself order it, despite trepidation, because I like to try things. It was actually pretty good. I'd eat it again.

On corn, it looks like this:

cornfungus_custom-8d2b4f06329dcf888f9200c08fb9fc688c6c8850-s600-c85.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,106 Member Member Posts: 5,106 Member
    Over cooked meat.

I always over cook my meat! Loveeee cooking it to a crisp. I like my chicken dry too lol.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,340 Member Member Posts: 4,340 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »

I disagree! I would rather have some kind of puffed snack. just me though!

I live for the apple cinnamon rice crisps but also just discovered Pirate's Booty (or the Trader Joe's version...WHEN THE LINE IS SHORT ENOUGH TO GET IN BECAUSE I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR WAITING IN LINES). (Yes, I feel very strongly about waiting in lines. And don't get me started on Menchie's last night. :))
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 22,738 Member Member Posts: 22,738 Member

Huitlachoche, BTW, is something that had sounded pretty yucky to me beforehand, having seen it growing on garden corn in my youth. It ain't pretty, at least per my definition. But I made myself order it, despite trepidation, because I like to try things. It was actually pretty good. I'd eat it again.

I've had it and I really liked it.

I've had it and I really liked it.

I have heard good things about it!
    not sure if these are unpopular opinions, but I like my burgers RARE and steak medium rare.
  • brittanystebbins95brittanystebbins95 Member Posts: 507 Member Member Posts: 507 Member
    Raw meat smells mouth-wateringly delicious.
    Not that I'd ever actually eat it like that, but it smells so good.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,106 Member Member Posts: 5,106 Member

LOL your comment reminded me of this episode.
  • Katmary71Katmary71 Member Posts: 3,510 Member Member Posts: 3,510 Member

LOL your comment reminded me of this episode.

OMG, that's so disgusting I'm listening to it instead of watching him eat it! I wear gloves and don't cook most meat because I can't handle touching raw meat, especially fatty meat. I make faces the whole time I make it and try to only touch it with my pointy finger and thumb. Weird quirk, I know, I wish it was easier for me!
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 509 Member Member Posts: 509 Member
    Over cooked meat.

Actual baked goods are overrated. Under-cooked is the way to go. TBH i won't eat them if they are finished :)