What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Rice cakes with nut butter and or preserves! Yum

I actually really like rice cakes lol
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Rice cakes with nut butter and or preserves! Yum

I actually really like rice cakes lol

I used to... but now, blah! I do like them with almond milk lol
  • PAPYRUS3
    I haven't these in ages for various reasons, but I really am fond of saltine crackers lol!
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    I hate nut butters. so slimy.
  • pancakerunner
    I haven't these in ages for various reasons, but I really am fond of saltine crackers lol!

saltine crackers with butter and honey! childhood
  • PAPYRUS3

saltine crackers with butter and honey! childhood

ha ha...I think that's where my 'love' of them come from.
    xtineart wrote: »
    I hate nut butters. so slimy.

Yup...that sure is an unpopular view in my world anyways😆
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    LaneaJ wrote: »
    Greens are great! Collard, Mustard, Turnip, Rutabaga, Kale...oh and let's not forget their roots too. "A sip of pot liquor is the cure for what ails you".

Don't forget brussel sprouts. - I love them, even did as kid. Most others in my life seem to hate them and I just don't know why.
  • pancakerunner
    Greens are great! Collard, Mustard, Turnip, Rutabaga, Kale...oh and let's not forget their roots too. "A sip of pot liquor is the cure for what ails you".

Don't forget brussel sprouts. - I love them, even did as kid. Most others in my life seem to hate them and I just don't know why.

it is all about preparation! I think most kids have soggy, frozen brussels which is a bad impression
  • PAPYRUS3

it is all about preparation! I think most kids have soggy, frozen brussels which is a bad impression

...and Air Fryer sales continue🤣
  • pancakerunner

...and Air Fryer sales continue🤣

now I want air fried mozerella sticks
  • PAPYRUS3
    edited November 2020
    I think that marketing those Quaker chewy bars and Nutrigrain bars, etc. as "health" foods should be a crime.

so agreed! that goes for most of protein 'healthy' bars on the market too (it's as if slapping the word 'protein' on something makes the rest of the crap ingredients not matter...)
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Kale should be eradicated from the planet
    lkpducky wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Kale should be eradicated from the planet

My husband calls it a f---ing roadside weed that a badger or dog probably pissed on. And a few other choice remarks.

my husband calls it the brillo pad for the GI tract
  • PAPYRUS3
    ignore

• Fruit juice is just soda without the fizz (imo)
  • pancakerunner
    This is just wrong!
    dlcdikgb37jh.png

I will disagree and say that it has its place AS A DESSERT
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    ground beef+pork > ground pork > ground beef > no meat > ground poultry
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,946 Member
    Personally, I think Cool Whip tastes awful, and has a revolting texture. Usually, it ruins any recipe it's added to, too, for me; there's an occasional recipe exception.

I get that others really like it, but I've never understood why. (I was 11 years old when it was introduced. It was immediately and immensely popular. Part of the reason was convenience, but a lot of people liked it. Originally, in my social set, people would still make actual whipped cream for holidays and special occasions as a topping, using Cool Whip in the more routine cases. Gradually, it replaced whipped cream on special occasions, too.)
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    I hate custard.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,770 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Personally, I think Cool Whip tastes awful, and has a revolting texture. Usually, it ruins any recipe it's added to, too, for me; there's an occasional recipe exception.

I get that others really like it, but I've never understood why. (I was 11 years old when it was introduced. It was immediately and immensely popular. Part of the reason was convenience, but a lot of people liked it. Originally, in my social set, people would still make actual whipped cream for holidays and special occasions as a topping, using Cool Whip in the more routine cases. Gradually, it replaced whipped cream on special occasions, too.)

I did as a kid but not now at all. I prefer thick home made coconut whipped if any.
  • pancakerunner
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    ground beef+pork > ground pork > ground beef > no meat > ground poultry

I think ground pork is good because of the fat content. bacon and ham are good too... but I do not like pork chops or tenderloin
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I love pork chops and tenderloin (they tend to have more fat when purchased from a farm, IME, due to the different breeds used, but I also don't have some kind of blanket preference for fattier meat, depends on what I'm making). Having pork shoulder tonight, however. (Bacon and ham are tasty enough, but foods I don't have often and don't really miss.)

For me ground lamb, ground beef, and ground pork are all good, and it depends on the application.
  • pancakerunner
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I love pork chops and tenderloin (they tend to have more fat when purchased from a farm, IME, due to the different breeds used, but I also don't have some kind of blanket preference for fattier meat, depends on what I'm making). Having pork shoulder tonight, however. (Bacon and ham are tasty enough, but foods I don't have often and don't really miss.)

For me ground lamb, ground beef, and ground pork are all good, and it depends on the application.

Okay, yes to pork shoulder too. basicall, the fattier it is the better, Have just had way too many dry chops and loins
  • pancakerunner
    515l2z1dcz54.png
    like this looks great
  • PAPYRUS3

I did as a kid but not now at all. I prefer thick home made coconut whipped if any.

same here...it's just not a good product imho...and coconut whipped 'cream' is fabulous!
  • pancakerunner

same here...it's just not a good product imho...and coconut whipped 'cream' is fabulous!

what grosses me out about cool whip is the film of oil it leaves in your mouth
  • PAPYRUS3

what grosses me out about cool whip is the film of oil it leaves in your mouth

Yes...it's been forever since I've had it - but was absolutely something I remember hating about it.