Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 8,493 Member Member Posts: 8,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    on the sandwich note... Subway is bad and idk HOW it has survived

I like Subway :(

SO agree...I just don't get Subway...it's just so, so bad!
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 18,180 Member Member, Premium Posts: 18,180 Member
    Subway is one of the few fast-food places I sometimes go by myself, when not on the road. Not the sandwiches, though: The nice big salad (everything but jalapenos, plus cheese & sometimes egg), with guac and vinegar, for which I need do no work at all, just order and pay. I'm in favor of Subway.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,086 Member Member Posts: 6,086 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Subway is one of the few fast-food places I sometimes go by myself, when not on the road. Not the sandwiches, though: The nice big salad (everything but jalapenos, plus cheese & sometimes egg), with guac and vinegar, for which I need do no work at all, just order and pay. I'm in favor of Subway.

I was going to comment about how awesome the salads are at subway. I like to get them when traveling or when I am too lazy to pack a salad for lunch. Love to get the veggie with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, banana peppers, green peppers with the fat free italian dressing packet.

I do like subway subs, but only occasionally. A few times a year I just get a craving for a subway sub. They have a unique taste that only subway subs have, lol.
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Member Posts: 3,884 Member Member Posts: 3,884 Member

I was going to comment about how awesome the salads are at subway. I like to get them when traveling or when I am too lazy to pack a salad for lunch. Love to get the veggie with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, banana peppers, green peppers with the fat free italian dressing packet.

I do like subway subs, but only occasionally. A few times a year I just get a craving for a subway sub. They have a unique taste that only subway subs have, lol.

They have a unique smell too. I had a friend who knew I had gone to Subway before meeting up with her because she could SMELL it on me.

They have a unique smell too. I had a friend who knew I had gone to Subway before meeting up with her because she could SMELL it on me.

I does have a unique smell lol!
    I've always found the produce subpar - just tastes/looks like typical fast food bagged/pale/flavorless roughage.
    I do, however, remember having and liking a cookie I had there many, many years ago.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,345 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,345 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I does have a unique smell lol!
    I've always found the produce subpar - just tastes/looks like typical fast food bagged/pale/flavorless roughage.
    I do, however, remember having and liking a cookie I had there many, many years ago.

The Subway hype and smell and addiction (lol) comes from the bread. don't look at the ingredients. toxic!

I do liek their cookies...
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,345 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,345 Member
    oijqu505zgof.png

that explains the unique smell 🤣
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 18,180 Member Member, Premium Posts: 18,180 Member
    oijqu505zgof.png

Since most bread really isn't even good**, except maybe as a useful device to make sandwiches more portable, I can't say that I care.

Chemikillz aren't inherently scary just because big words or what else they're ingredients in, though. Consider Dihydrogen Monoxide. Kills many people every year, including some by simple ingestion, but I chose to consume lots of the stuff. (For full factual warnings, see http://dhmo.org)

** In my own personal very biased opinion. ;) Y'all who think it's great can have my share, except the one local farmers market guy's focaccia, and maybe a few other select cases.
    oijqu505zgof.png

Since most bread really isn't even good**, except maybe as a useful device to make sandwiches more portable, I can't say that I care.

Chemikillz aren't inherently scary just because big words or what else they're ingredients in, though. Consider Dihydrogen Monoxide. Kills many people every year, including some by simple ingestion, but I chose to consume lots of the stuff. (For full factual warnings, see http://dhmo.org)

** In my own personal very biased opinion. ;) Y'all who think it's great can have my share, except the one local farmers market guy's focaccia, and maybe a few other select cases.

I think what is scarier is the soybean oil! haha
    wfzetb9nhxap.jpg

my favorite summertime app!
    wfzetb9nhxap.jpg

my favorite summertime app!

I'd like this very much too...actually reminds me of when I was in University and didn't have much money - so I would drizzle some cheap Kraft Ranch dressing on a saltine cracker with sliced English cuc's on top. dinner lol!
  • River314River314 Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    I don't like watermelon or mango
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Member Posts: 3,884 Member Member Posts: 3,884 Member
    River314 wrote: »

The fruits I don’t like are peaches and blueberries. I don’t even like peach flavored things, and the actual fruit texture bothers me. Blueberries taste metallic to me, but I can tolerate them if mixed with other fruit.
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 861 Member Member Posts: 861 Member

The fruits I don’t like are peaches and blueberries. I don’t even like peach flavored things, and the actual fruit texture bothers me. Blueberries taste metallic to me, but I can tolerate them if mixed with other fruit.

I like most fruit, but mostly on their own. I'm not generally fond of things like blueberry muffins, and I have to be in the mood for a fruit-filled pie.
  • Jumpropegirl5467Jumpropegirl5467 Member Posts: 76 Member Member Posts: 76 Member
    Hate Mayo, seafood especially sushi and cod fish that’s gross.
    ejbronte wrote: »

I like most fruit, but mostly on their own. I'm not generally fond of things like blueberry muffins, and I have to be in the mood for a fruit-filled pie.

I actually like blueberry muffins, I think cooking them helps cut the metallic taste for me. Generally, though, I'm the same, and prefer fruit on its own. I generally don't like pieces of things in my baked goods, I prefer a smooth texture. Nuts are okay, but fruit (and especially raisins) create a weird texture unless they "melt" enough to better match the texture of the rest of the food. Texture is a big part of my food dislikes, and even the context of the texture - raisins are fine on their own, but I can't stand them in cakes or cookies.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,284 Member Member Posts: 1,284 Member

I actually like blueberry muffins, I think cooking them helps cut the metallic taste for me. Generally, though, I'm the same, and prefer fruit on its own. I generally don't like pieces of things in my baked goods, I prefer a smooth texture. Nuts are okay, but fruit (and especially raisins) create a weird texture unless they "melt" enough to better match the texture of the rest of the food. Texture is a big part of my food dislikes, and even the context of the texture - raisins are fine on their own, but I can't stand them in cakes or cookies.

Cantaloupe is gross, strawberries ( most berries) are only good with something on them, bananas taste awesome but banana flavored anything is a disappointment.
    VegjoyP wrote: »

Cantaloupe is gross, strawberries ( most berries) are only good with something on them, bananas taste awesome but banana flavored anything is a disappointment.

I'm picky about cantaloupe, it has to be good ripe cantaloupe. I hate it when I get bits that are hard. I could eat strawberries for an eternity, though. Same with bananas, and I do like banana flavored things, although they don't taste like banana (which I've heard is due to it being based off of a mostly-extinct strain of banana).