Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

1161162164166167180

Replies

  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,072 Member Member Posts: 6,072 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    soft shell tacos > hard

    Yes, but you still have to cook the soft tortillas, even for a few seconds in a pan or on the grill.
    Big pet peeve of mine is when people just serve them raw right out of the package.

    on this note, corn tortillas are the only way. flour tortillas are an abomination

    Ehhhh depends on the application. Corn tortillas 100 percent are better for tacos.
    For fajitas or burritos, flour tortillas work better, but you have to COOK them...preferably charred for a few seconds on the grill.

    You're gonna hate me... but burritos are not good

    Burritos are just fat, lazy tacos tho. Maybe meltier too, I guess. :wink:

    the thing about burritos is the stupdi amount of rice and beans!

    Yeah, for sure no rice in burritos...that's just something Chipotle does to make them bigger. More authentic burritos are very good.

    Wow I just looked up the difference and realized I’ve been having burritos my whole life, never tacos. I always called them soft shelled tacos, but by definition they are burrito because of how I wrap them.
    edited December 2020
  • chuckle_bunnychuckle_bunny Member Posts: 253 Member Member Posts: 253 Member
    Everyone should be eating tofu. No excuses.
  • chuckle_bunnychuckle_bunny Member Posts: 253 Member Member Posts: 253 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    Everyone should be eating tofu. No excuses.

    Care to elaborate?
    It's really good!
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,313 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,313 Member
    So I had chipotle today... Their salads and tacos are so under rated. The burritos and bowls are overrated
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,991 Member Member Posts: 1,991 Member
    Everyone should be eating tofu. No excuses.

    Nah.
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,278 Member Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Everyone should be eating tofu. No excuses.

    I love tofu and have several containers of different kinds. Although there may be people sensitive to soy, it often gets a false bad rap. The processed, GMO soy products and isolates with hexane are the issue. NOT tofu, tempeh, edamame.

    MILK- dairy is NOT for humans.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,011 Member Member Posts: 5,011 Member
    I try to stay away from foods that scream SOY because of breast cancer in the family even tho I'm never sure if I need to.
  • Slacker16Slacker16 Member Posts: 1,154 Member Member Posts: 1,154 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    (...) MILK- dairy is NOT for humans.

    It's pretty funny, I love cheese, yogurt, sour cream, etc... but don't like milk...
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,278 Member Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    People with Milk allergies, digestive issues and the hormones. My ancestors are from Sicily. Cheese? Then and there, perhaps. Today in the USA...nope. Of course everyone will disagree. Cheese, cream, yogurt taste great.
    Also, there is nothing wrong with anyone's personal preference. This is about unpopular opinions. All the disagrees were expected. The soy comment " motivated" me 😂😂
  • silverpl2525silverpl2525 Member Posts: 136 Member Member Posts: 136 Member
    Well I'm on a ketogenic diet, which is fantastic for me. Many of my friends tell me it's a fad diet, that they don't trust any diet that limits fruit, that I'm doing damage to my body, and so on. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if I disagree with your diet and it is working for you, I won't shame you for it. Live and let live!
  • AddicteadAddictead Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    Liver is one of my favorite foods, I'd rather eat it any day over muscle meat. Floral flavors like lavender, rose, hibiscus are amazing. Artificial cherry is delicious and I've never thought 'cough syrup".

    I dislike pasta, I only eat it because everyone else loves it but I'd rather eat anything else. It tastes meh and the texture is ick. Only things I actually enjoy once in awhile are lasagna, Mac and cheese and gnocchi, But honestly could live without them. Ranch dressing is disgusting.

    Bread is just uncooked toast
    edited December 2020
  • AndreaTamiraAndreaTamira Member, Premium Posts: 188 Member Member, Premium Posts: 188 Member
    (Most) white bread is boring and just there to carry the flavour of whatever stuff you put on it.

    This may not be an unpopular opinion where I am from (Germany, where rye sourdough and mixed sourdough breads are the norm) , but seems to be one where I live. ( NZ, where even the "wholemeal bread" seems awfully pale to me. But they somehow have a whole big shelve of white and white-ish cut bread from several brands in the supermarket.)
  • brittanynicholexbrittanynicholex Member Posts: 34 Member Member Posts: 34 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Kale should be eradicated from the planet

    YES! Kale sucks.

    While I have to agree, my guinea pigs LOVE kale, so theyd probably be upsent :lol:
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,313 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,313 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    This is going to be very unpopular.... about 99% items posted in the "if I didnt have the calories" thread are, to me, gross and absolutely not worth the calories. :) weather I have them or not.

    honestly for me it is more "if it didn't have CHEMICALS or not" rather than the calories haha
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 861 Member Member Posts: 861 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »
    senalay788 wrote: »
    (Most) white bread is boring and just there to carry the flavour of whatever stuff you put on it.

    This may not be an unpopular opinion where I am from (Germany, where rye sourdough and mixed sourdough breads are the norm) , but seems to be one where I live. ( NZ, where even the "wholemeal bread" seems awfully pale to me. But they somehow have a whole big shelve of white and white-ish cut bread from several brands in the supermarket.)

    Sooooooo whats stopping you from baking your own "proper" bread?
    And any bread is just a base for the toppings.

    Not a bad question. 🙂

    Have done it in the past, but if is not as easy as going to the next supermarket, getting ingredients, and having a bread in a few hours.

    Finding rye flour is hard. And it also is surprisingly expensive whenever I manage to find it.(not "you cannot buy this" expensive, but still a bit annoying.)

    I have to set up the sourdough, so if I want bread now it will be a few days (at best) till I actually have it.

    (I have to get over the fact that the crust is never as perfect as from bakery bread, because at that point I am just whining.)

    ----

    Also, especially fresh dark sourdough is something I happily eat without any toppings. It's got a nice taste on it's own. - But it's ok if you disagree. This whole thread is not exactly for opinions others are supposed to agree on, is it?

    Its funny how we can always find a reason or two why NOT to do something hahaha
    But if you really miss that bread, source the ingredients, make the started and keep it. As long as you feed it, it will live forever. Flour, I bet you can find it for a decent price if you actually look, and just in the store :) how bad do you miss the bread :)

    And I dont disagree at all. I fully agree. Also why I never ever buy that sorry excuse for bread. To me there is nothing better than home baked bread and nice good quality butter, plus some flaky salt. We used to have thread about "so I was going to bake my first bread".

    Agree about home-baked bread: I started because I have to watch my salt intake and commercial bread can be high in sodium. First loaves were very sad, but after keeping at it, I can pull out a decent hunk of bread. I don't go the sourdough route because I know I'd forget to take care of it and it would suffer; but you don't need sour dough to come up with a flavorful levener: just make a biga, and that'll do you nicely.
Sign In or Register to comment.