Is bread bad?

Options

Replies

• mark1978mark
    mark1978mark Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nope I eat it every day and the scales are still going down!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Bread is one of my staples.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Eat at least a Loaf a week and a package of bagels, nothing wrong with some bread..... Enjoy!!!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Try to eat whole grain bread instead of white; my doctor advised - don't eat anything white - rice, bread or potatoes because the starch they contain turns to sugar inyour body.

All carbohydrates are broken down in the body into simple sugar. Mostly glucose. It's your body's main form of energy.

I really wish more people would have payed attention in junior high science classes.

Edit: This doesn't mean that carbs are bad either. It means you are fueling your body. If you consume too many calories this glucose is stored as glycagon and in fat cells.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You are staying within your calories-it's fine for you, assuming you are getting enough of your protein and fat.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    bread is neither good nor bad. in AD&D terms it's true neutral. Eating too much bread makes it easy to be over your calories for the day if you're not tracking, but if you track your calories and fit bread into your calories and macros then it won't do you any harm, unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients, or gluten intolerant or something. If eating bread makes you sick, don't eat it. If it doesn't, and if fits in your calories and macros, then eat it and enjoy it.

I thought it was Chaotic Neutral, because it makes only *some* people sick...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods........

(unless, of course, the food has spoiled and can cause food poisoning)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    There is an Italian resturant in my home town that makes its own garlic bread and serves it literally sitting in a pool of garlic butter. I'd say to cut out that type of bread but otherwise, everything in moderaion.

i'd eat garlic bread swimming in a pool of garlic butter in moderation. Not sure how many will fit in my macros, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (and lots of micronutrients in the garlic too).
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I eat bread, so far so good. I am alive and kicking.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat is great. Portion control. I had sandwiches for lunch all year and lst 60 pounds.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    bread is really bad. I was held at gunpoint by bread, which ransacked my house, stole all my things and poked my kids with pointy sticks. the police are too scared to do anything because of criminal master-breads who control all the crime in the city. And some think the chief of police is really bread pretending to be good. He says he's wholegrain, but we're not so sure about that.

Seriously, bread is neither good nor bad. in AD&D terms it's true neutral. Eating too much bread makes it easy to be over your calories for the day if you're not tracking, but if you track your calories and fit bread into your calories and macros then it won't do you any harm, unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients, or gluten intolerant or something. If eating bread makes you sick, don't eat it. If it doesn't, and if fits in your calories and macros, then eat it and enjoy it.

This is the first time I've seen AD&D used to explain something in food terms....well done you!

:flowerforyou: @ understanding my reference to AD&D

....all food is true neutral, except celery, which is chaotic evil because it tastes and smells utterly vile on purpose, just to torment me.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    34go5yv.jpg

287q4oz.jpg

qsljbr.jpg

33consk.jpg

2i21vz9.jpg

2u3vdr9.jpg
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    There is NO BAD FOOD:angry:

People nowadays are so obsessed with 'bad' food..............bread is, and always has been, the staff of life. Look at Biblical times, look at history:

"Bread is one of the oldest prepared foods. Evidence from 30,000 years ago in Europe revealed starch residue on rocks used for pounding plants.[5] It is possible that during this time, starch extract from the roots of plants, such as cattails and ferns, was spread on a flat rock, placed over a fire and cooked into a primitive form of flatbread. Around 10,000 BC, with the dawn of the Neolithic age and the spread of agriculture, grains became the mainstay of making bread. Yeast spores are ubiquitous, including the surface of cereal grains, so any dough left to rest will become naturally leavened."

Bread TODAY has been changed to make it last longer.........if you're going to eat bread, make it WORTH your while, and eat good whole grains, bread with great texture and taste, bread that will satisfy you. I avoid plain white breads - not only aren't they very nutritious, they just don't have any taste!

Gluten has been given a bad rap, too. Yes, there are gluten-intolerant folks out there, and I feel sorry for them. If I had to eliminate bread from my diet, I think I'd crawl into a hole and die!

Keep making your sandwiches and toast and such..............just remember that everything you eat adds to the nutrition your body needs, and make good choices!

LONG LIVE BREAD!!!

222px-FD_1.jpg
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    bread is really bad. I was held at gunpoint by bread, which ransacked my house, stole all my things and poked my kids with pointy sticks. the police are too scared to do anything because of criminal master-breads who control all the crime in the city. And some think the chief of police is really bread pretending to be good. He says he's wholegrain, but we're not so sure about that.

Seriously, bread is neither good nor bad. in AD&D terms it's true neutral. Eating too much bread makes it easy to be over your calories for the day if you're not tracking, but if you track your calories and fit bread into your calories and macros then it won't do you any harm, unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients, or gluten intolerant or something. If eating bread makes you sick, don't eat it. If it doesn't, and if fits in your calories and macros, then eat it and enjoy it.

This is the first time I've seen AD&D used to explain something in food terms....well done you!

:flowerforyou: @ understanding my reference to AD&D

....all food is true neutral, except celery, which is chaotic evil because it tastes and smells utterly vile on purpose, just to torment me.

:drinker:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    There is an Italian resturant in my home town that makes its own garlic bread and serves it literally sitting in a pool of garlic butter. I'd say to cut out that type of bread but otherwise, everything in moderaion.

oh
    my
    gawdddddddddddd....

I WANT THAT NOW!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the person, there are many opinions out there.

Do your own personal research on gluten and why people think this and you can then understand where they are coming from! I personally tried gluten free for a month or so and the result was cleared skin, less bloating, less headaches, better sleep, more energy... so it kind of speaks for itself in my personal case.

The reason gluten can have negative effects on many people is the type of protein that it is, to the best of my understanding. If you're up for trying things out, test your body and see what it is like going gluten free for 4 weeks. Maybe you'll see no differences... or maybe you'll feel amazing like you never have before!

Jess

^this...

...seems like an entirely reasonable approach.
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on the person, there are many opinions out there.

Do your own personal research on gluten and why people think this and you can then understand where they are coming from! I personally tried gluten free for a month or so and the result was cleared skin, less bloating, less headaches, better sleep, more energy... so it kind of speaks for itself in my personal case.

The reason gluten can have negative effects on many people is the type of protein that it is, to the best of my understanding. If you're up for trying things out, test your body and see what it is like going gluten free for 4 weeks. Maybe you'll see no differences... or maybe you'll feel amazing like you never have before!

Jess

I agree. It is the same with milk. There are people that have a dairy intolerant and not know it until they cut it out. Bread is the same way - there are many people that have a sensitivity to gluten and don't know it.

I don 't have a sensitivity but I know I usually don't feel "happy" about eating it - unless it is a warm piece with some good butter :)
    In the past, I thought I was a bread oholic, now I could go with or without.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Eat bread. Sandwiches are awesome! Luv Jimmy John's!
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    its bad.