RUN THE YEAR 2019

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @Charlene____

WELCOME!!! We are excited to have you!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    HI RTY folks. Remember, Hug a runner challenge starts TOMORROW. Everybody post their runs!!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @Charlene____

WELCOME!!! We are excited to have you!!!

Thank you!

• Beka3695
    Options
    Good morning HUG A RUNNER folks. I was able to get my fitbit to sync, but it has only updated once. Anyone out there that has an up to date syncing?

I'm thinking there are a few bugs still in the system.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I logged into the tracker and synced Strava about an hour ago but won't get out for a walk until later this afternoon so I'll know then whether it's synced and working correctly or not.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Seems like a fun idea -- I always mean to log running miles for the year and forget (or it gets me too upset if my tracker doesn't work or I forget to use it). I'll never run 2019 miles, but if I include regular walks too perhaps it's doable? Will have to think about it and check out the link.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I was just conned into running a non planned Turkey Trot on Thursday.... Well, I will knock a few miles off my goal and get ANOTHER shirt...

exercise.png
  • Beka3695
    Options
    And.. my ticker is not updating properly. I am currently 41/50!!!
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So I have a Garmin it synced and it gave me a badge. The calendar part has nothing does anyone know why that Is?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I think you can manually add using the calendar
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I’m about to check and see if what I just walked synced properly
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I didn’t know you could sync your tracker. I did 3.4 miles on the treadmill and I entered it manually.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Seems like I have to sync/disconnect/sync - this is a PITA! So, I will probably enter manually point forward.

Also, syncing your tracker gives you the misc steps. I really don’t want to count my walks to the bathroom or walking around my office - I want to count TRUE INTENTIONAL EXERCISE.

thoughts on this?
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Seems like I have to sync/disconnect/sync - this is a PITA! So, I will probably enter manually point forward.

Also, syncing your tracker gives you the misc steps. I really don’t want to count my walks to the bathroom or walking around my office - I want to count TRUE INTENTIONAL EXERCISE.

thoughts on this?

I am counting anything right now. We are hanging out in hospital for the next 5 days . We have gotten a hotel room so I was able to use treadmill today. Yesterday I just roamed around hospital hallways.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I walked 8 miles this morning and Strava synced it correctly! I’m liking this challenge even though I won’t even get close to 2019 miles next year but thanks for introducing us to it, OP!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    gg1fx4y2xjof.png
  • Beka3695
    Options
    ivnwmjtmqwfm.jpeg
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Ok, the family has left, food has been put away and kitchen cleaned.

I am proud of my 5k today. I shaved 0:45 off each mile from the race 2 weeks ago. This makes me happy.

I am really trying to focus on my form and not just finishing. My oldest daughter, who is in the military, suggested that I focus on lengthening my strides and paying close attention to how much time neither foot was on the ground.

The stride thing made perfect sense, but my time off the ground.... that seemed bizarre to me initially, but once I was seeing it in action it made sense, too

The course today was much hillier than the last. The ups was easier to focus on strides. The downs I focused on both. It really felt good to feel the longer strides and floating down the hills.

47 ran/ 50 committed. I’ll hit my Nov goal tomorrow. 100 for December!!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I am 9.7 miles into the hug a runner challenge.
    Today was pretty lazy with the family.
    Saturday is my first every 1/2 marathon.
    If I do NOT report by Sunday morning. I DIED LOL