RUN THE YEAR 2019

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Group!!!
    I fizzled out in December but back with a vengeance in JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am tossing out a big goal of 100 miles for the month.

I have my HM training plan taped to my desk, my bathroom mirror and refrigerator. I saw a photo of myself from over the weekend and it was horrific!! Time to get these legs moving, heart pumping and @$$ shrinking!!!!!

2019 Races

Run the Year, team challenge, 1008 miles each
    Hot Chocolate 15k - February 17, 2019
    Berry College HM - March 09, 2019
    Peachtree Road Race - July 04, 2019
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run 2019kms for the year; that's 1256 miles.

Yes, that's doable!

Even though I'm in the U.S. and the standard measurement is miles, I'm taking the "2019 km" approach, too, since I'm not joining a team this would at least be reachable for me.

So far for Dec. I have 112.5 miles and there are still 6 more days to go!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    2019 miles running is not feasible for me, but I walk a lot and will count walks (separately, but I will add them together -- I'm keeping a spreadsheet too). I don't have a step counter right now, so this means actually keeping track of miles (or half or quarter miles) walked and not just incidental steps. (A full block here is 1/8 mile, which makes it reasonably easy to track, but I may just use Runkeeper too.)

I'm going to plan for a half marathon in March and do a half marathon training plan to motivate myself for this first three months of the year.

The weather through December so far has been unseasonably nice and perfect for running (I'm in Chicago), but of course I've blown off most of it due to all kinds of excuses, and need this challenge to help me get back on track with my training. Winter gets hard due to weather, so I am annoyed with myself for not appreciating how nice it's been for the most part.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    2019 miles running is not feasible for me, but I walk a lot and will count walks (separately, but I will add them together -- I'm keeping a spreadsheet too). I don't have a step counter right now, so this means actually keeping track of miles (or half or quarter miles) walked and not just incidental steps. (A full block here is 1/8 mile, which makes it reasonably easy to track, but I may just use Runkeeper too.)

I'm going to plan for a half marathon in March and do a half marathon training plan to motivate myself for this first three months of the year.

The weather through December so far has been unseasonably nice and perfect for running (I'm in Chicago), but of course I've blown off most of it due to all kinds of excuses, and need this challenge to help me get back on track with my training. Winter gets hard due to weather, so I am annoyed with myself for not appreciating how nice it's been for the most part.

This is what I'm doing as well. I don't have a Fitbit or Garmin nor do I keep track of my daily steps via my phone. I'm tracking purposeful walks only via Strava and synced that to the RTE tracker. Just my personal method of choice. Others may do it differently and that's perfectly fine.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    gpjin7h8ik47.jpeg

My team has been established!!! Feel free to follow me (Rebekah Hughes Helton) or my team 😊
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    If I've selected a team to join, when will I hear whether or not I've been admitted to the team? I'm new to all this.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If I've selected a team to join, when will I hear whether or not I've been admitted to the team? I'm new to all this.

If you don't get accepted to a team, I will team up with you. There is no way I can reach 40 miles per week by myself but I would love to be part of a team.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Love we have a group here!!

This is year #3 for me. I hit 1185 in 2017 and I'm at 967 for this year. It's been a rough year but I'm ready to get back at it. I don't have a team right now so I'm hoping to get at least 100 miles a month and see where I end up!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

If you don't get accepted to a team, I will team up with you. There is no way I can reach 40 miles per week by myself but I would love to be part of a team.

Debra...I also started a team called The Journey to Discipline. Would live to have you on board!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

This is year #3 for me. I hit 1185 in 2017 and I'm at 967 for this year. It's been a rough year but I'm ready to get back at it. I don't have a team right now so I'm hoping to get at least 100 miles a month and see where I end up!

Hi Bethanie! Feel free to join my team if you like....it's called The Journey to Discipline. Hope to see you there!
  • sme5056
    sme5056 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Is there still room on your team? I would like to join!
  • sme5056
    sme5056 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I, officially, signed up so if anyone has room on their team please let me know!! Thank you!!!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    sme5056 wrote: »
    I, officially, signed up so if anyone has room on their team please let me know!! Thank you!!!

My team is 2019 Run For Your Life. I have room!

• evangsimmons170
    Options
    sme5056 wrote: »
    Is there still room on your team? I would like to join!

My team is The Journey to Discipline. You're welcome to join.
  • Beka3695
    Options

YOU are the reason I joined and started this group. You commented about RTY on my wall. I was hesitant to start but - why not?!?!?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

YOU are the reason I joined and started this group. You commented about RTY on my wall. I was hesitant to start but - why not?!?!?

Woohoo!!!!! It's an awesome journey to see how far you can go!
  • donjshaw4870
    donjshaw4870 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’ve joined this challenge, looking forward to it. Have joined MFP team E.
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to get my package today!!!
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Got it love the poster trying to figure out which quest to tackle first!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    In need to check my mail. Maybe it is here :)