RUN THE YEAR 2019

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just found this thread where I just learned about run the year. I checked out the website and I am excited about it. My hesitation in joining is that it costs money to join. I really don't care about the metals and t-shirt and other stuff. I'd be doing this for my health and to lose weight. Is there a free version of this?

No, but feel free to track your miles manually and chat with us here

We are free!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Ok so I just found this thread where I just learned about run the year. I checked out the website and I am excited about it. My hesitation in joining is that it costs money to join. I really don't care about the metals and t-shirt and other stuff. I'd be doing this for my health and to lose weight. Is there a free version of this?

We are free!!!!

I have a spreadsheet :bigsmile:
  • Beka3695
    Options

We are free!!!!

Awesome!!! Do you mind keeping up with us?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    We could make it like a challenge and do a group google spreadsheet
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

We are free!!!!

Thank you so much 😊
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

We are free!!!!

Aw that would be great! Thanks!!!! Is there a particular format you want our data in that would make things easier for you?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

We are free!!!!

Aw that would be great! Thanks!!!! Is there a particular format you want our data in that would make things easier for you?

You misunderstand, i track my mileage using a spreadsheet... it wasn't an offer to track anyone else's!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    When I ran a challenge, we had a group spreadsheet that people would update on their own weekly. That would be easy to have if people want.
  • teresajellis2018
    Options
    Is there anyone near Stockbridge ga on here that want to buddy up and run?
  • evangsimmons170
    Options

We are free!!!!

You misunderstand, i track my mileage using a spreadsheet... it wasn't an offer to track anyone else's!

Too funny. My bad. I never even thought about creating a spreadsheet for myself. Duh! So I did last night. Simple enough. My goal is to walk 6 miles a day. I'll post my progress often. Who knows I may change my mind and pay the fee. We'll see. Either way, I'm all in!
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a HM on 3/3/19 in Little Rock, AR. I found the Darebee HM training schedule and it matches my timeline perfectly so I am going to use it. I still plan to get 12,000 steps daily, I hope.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    We have been a little dead for a while...

December has been a STRUGGLE for me to move AT ALL. I am really looking forward to RUN THE YEAR starting up in a few weeks.

Does anyone have a formal plan for January?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    We have been a little dead for a while...

December has been a STRUGGLE for me to move AT ALL. I am really looking forward to RUN THE YEAR starting up in a few weeks.

Does anyone have a formal plan for January?

Just to move my feet lol
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I've had a very good November walking mileage-wise and I'm on a great track for December so I kind of wish I could "rollover" these miles to 2019! But, no can do, so in January I'll start with the same goal / plan as the past few months: get more mileage than the month before.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    This time in 2 weeks, this will have started!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    So I changed my mind and decided to register after all for run the year! I registered this week! I even told a coworker about it, and she told her 76 year old mother who exercises and runs regularly. I think they'll be joining too. I'm sooo ready for my change!!!!
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    It’s been cold and rainy here. I did get 5.5 miles in last week. Been mainly inside. UGH!!!
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to track intentional run/walk miles?

According to my Fitbit I average 10K steps or approx 5 miles per day just from normal activities. Since this is already close to the yearly goal I’d like to push myself beyond it and track intentional runs/walks separately or in combination to normal daily walking.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    margbarco wrote: »
    Is it possible to track intentional run/walk miles?

According to my Fitbit I average 10K steps or approx 5 miles per day just from normal activities. Since this is already close to the yearly goal I’d like to push myself beyond it and track intentional runs/walks separately or in combination to normal daily walking.

I think so. I am about 2 miles a day of SOP - so my plan is to log all above that
  • LadyMcLeod08
    LadyMcLeod08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to run 2019kms for the year; that's 1256 miles.

Yes, that's doable!