December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I ran today! I ran today! YAY!!!
    It wasn't long or all running but it was a run! 2.84 miles with an overall pace of 13:29.

Foot feels good so far.

So... my miles for December are 5.62 including my short walks...

Yay @shanaber! You ran! Hope this will lead to a great running year for you, even if it starts slowly.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @shanaber that's fantastic! I love hearing that!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles on the treadmill today. I don't know what it is, but I find it SO MUCH harder to run on the treadmill than outdoors. I was struggling so badly today that I seriously considered quitting at about 3 miles. Instead, I started doing walk/jog intervals. Once I got to almost 4 miles, I suddenly felt much better and was able to finish strong. Overall pace was around 12:38. At least I was slower! Ugh.

35.0/38.0 miles for December so far - hope to finish out with 3 miles on New Year's Eve to earn my chicken wing calories! :D

@greyparks206 I find running in a treadmill extremely boring and demotivating. It’s not fun for me so I tend to skip runs rather than go to the gym and hop on the treadmill. Maybe if I had one at home in front of the TV? I would much rather run outside. Running on the treadmill also hurts my knees for some reason?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @garygse Congratulations on 3500 miles for the year! Or should I say “Cheers” since you ain’t no Texan? ETA do you just love all the odd numbers in your mileage? Only even is zero and it’s and odd value of nothing. Are you running tomorrow? Will you keep it odd?

I wanna know what @AlphaHowls made for the year?

Score for @shanaber on her return to running before 2019!

I was not going to look back at the last few years of running mileage, but now I feel I have too.

How did everyone fair this year? Recap the good, bad, bloody and ugly?

———————————————————————————————————————————————————
    December 2018

1---2.01
    2---2.0 TM
    4---1.0 TM barefoot for form
    9---3.0 TM
    11---2.0 TM
    14---2.0 TM
    15---4.0 intervals
    16---5.0 intervals
    19---2.0 TM
    22---5.11 intervals
    23---5.69 intervals
    24—4.13 walk
    26—2.17 TM
    29—4.10 it was cold. I wore my smartwool, buff and gloves. It was only low 30’s (0C. I’m so embarrassed. Really pulled up the calculator to do the conversions and wondered how I was doing to get no zero after 32-32. My brain must be mush. The other day I wanted kombucha and was puzzled as to why it said “tea”. I should probably worry about losing my mental capacities ). Anyway.... it was a dang cold 32/0, bit off freezing rain at the end.
    I did it. It was awesome. Then DH made me go to Walmart with him for eeveeerythiiiiing and there were too many people and I was hungry.

44.1/ 45 miles <— :smiley:

Upcoming races
    January 5 BIRR Ultra relay. 50k. Hawaii. For @KeepRunningFatboy
    March 31, 2019 A2A 5k. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
    Run the Year team A 400+ miles
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10710465/2019-run-the-year-group#latest

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 - I hadn't noticed that @garygse had all odd numbers until you pointed it out. Made me start wondering if we could do all Prime number runs! I may have to think that one through, it could be fun though! Also we could run multiples of PI in March in honor of PI day :) This is what happens when I don't get to run... my mind wanders into areas it probably should!
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @greyparks206 I also feel like the treadmill is a bit harder than running outside. Since I do 90% of my running on the treadmill when I run outside it feels like a breeze an I run so much faster. Why is that, does anyone know? I usually keep my include between 1-2% as well, maybe that makes a difference, because Michigan is mostly FLAT.
  • msarobix
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Here’s a quick look at my last 5 years. Still so pathetic, 5 years? Ugh.... here’s to 2019!

8pgcnsmkmxcl.jpeg

What app is that?
  • msarobix
    Options
    I ran again today, even after running on my walk day yesterday. I know I probably need to give my body a rest, but it is so hard to stop running, and I feel so good afterwards. I am going to do my VERY best to just walk for the next two days as rest days from running, because I really feel I should only be running 3 days a week at this point of getting back too it. But really I guess it isn't too bad because I did only run 4 days this week and Friday was a REALLY light run.