What do you own/not own that makes you different?

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Oh this is a good one. I have 2, not 1, but 2 light switches in my house that i cannot figure out what they are for.

Do they maybe turn an outlet on? I have one that for a while I thought was nothing until one day I plugged a lamp into a particular outlet and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't turn on until I flipped that one mystery switch

I don't know if you have seen it, but there was this show one time where the plugged in only appliances that make noise in all the outlets so i tried that, and nothing happened so maybe it is one of those things electricians do to mess with peoples heads.

There's a switch in my garage that I always thinks doesn't do anything but then I remember that it's for the attic (which I've never been in because I leave that creepy place to DH)
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I dont drink coffee so i dont have any kind of coffee maker. I dont have a microwave. I dont have living room furniture. I like to lay on the floor in front of the wood stove.....but not on a couch.

I have living room furniture, but I always find myself sitting on the floor.

I have a chocolate color mini Schnauzer.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    I've never owned an iPod or MP3 player.

If this was 2008 then it would be weird. But I don't know of anyone today that owns one.

I have a few... and still use them.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    I have a jukebox. It's in my camper which has been completely redone to look like a 50's diner.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I own a Vespa.

I want one.

I dont have an iPhone or fancy phone that everyone seems to have.

I own birds. Rather, I am owned by my birds. :)
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I used to have two dining tables but we haven’t had one since February and won’t be buying one for our new home.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I don't think I currently own a purse
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I used to have two dining tables but we haven’t had one since February and won’t be buying one for our new home.

I can't imagine not having a dining table. I use mine for everything. Especially to hold unfolded laundry.
  • caco_ethes

where will u eat?

We put in a big island in lieu of a table
  • caco_ethes

I can't imagine not having a dining table. I use mine for everything. Especially to hold unfolded laundry.

I used mine to carry dust 😬
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    I don’t own a microwave
    Or a coffee maker
    Or a toaster
    Or a stereo

But I do own a French press, a toaster oven and a record player.

French Press for the win!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    4xs3t53ded6c.jpeg

I found this old picture I took of one of my 9 or 10 razors and a shaving brush. I also have a few leather strops and sharpening stones (synthetic and natural). It's a hobby.
  • DavidRidesBikes
    DavidRidesBikes Posts: 57 Member
    Custom bicycle frames.
    Prosumer Espresso equipment
    lots of tattoos?
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Custom bicycle frames.

I have one of those...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I own and still use my old iPod...mostly to plug into the camper to play music when we're camping.

I shave with a safety razor...I have no idea why people spend so much money on the "fancy" razors.

I own a t.v. but cut the cord and do not have cable or dish...that's becoming more common though.

I own and wear a satchel...ie murse. I don't like *kitten* in my pockets.

I only own 2 bikes which makes me a bit of a misfit within my cycling group.

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    a belt