What do you own/not own that makes you different?

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Does NOT own: microwave, TV, sofa/couch/etc.

Does own: desk treadmill, standing desk, too many computers, college text books/small library (these are becoming a non-existent thing in modern times apparently), 5-10k lux lighting & various other high intensity/uncommon lighting equipment (for living the nocturnal/vampire lifestyle)
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Does being a mid-30s woman who owns a pretty extensive Magic: The Gathering collection count for anything?

Nerds are always welcome
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Does being a mid-30s woman who owns a pretty extensive Magic: The Gathering collection count for anything?

I have my collection from 20 years ago
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    No car but Ive had two before. I own a folding bicycle and people always talk to me about it when in folded form. I own a bullet from WWII which my Grandfather gave to me. He was in Nederland during Nazi invasion.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    I have two full gasoline go carts that both work and take them out for a cruise when the mood strike and it I can find a safe place for Nick and I to drive them 😁👍
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I don't own a car or have a driver's license. I don't do social media besides this one.

I own a full smart kitchen. My fridge has a tablet on it. I own several full size arcade games and pinball machines.
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    sgreer29 wrote: »
    A degree from one of the top two engineering institutes in the world

So number two then? I mean, if it were the first one you would just say that. Unless you want us to guess. ;)

Or if I don’t want you to know specifics because it’s too easy to look up personal private information then 😉

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I'm the original owner of my vehicle and it's a 2006 model...so almost 13 years old. No problems and don't intend to replace it until necessary. I like the extra money in the bank from not having a car payment.

While we do have a flat screen TV and blu ray player (both inherited from my in-laws), we don't have cable or Netflix or anything like that, not even local stations.

I also don't own a home. I've owned three in the past...lost one in a natural disaster, sold the others, just choose to rent at this point and totally happy with it. Probably would buy again, but not in a rush to do so.

Things I own are mostly pretty general. Not everyone has the amount of bed linens or art supplies or clothing and boots I do, though. My weird "luxury" type items I own would be our Tempurpedic king bed, Vitamix, etc. Oh and we have six bicycles in the garage, all functional.

I used to be a big time consumer of just about everything you can own and would spend thousands of dollars per year just on redecorating (like knick knacks, pillows, painting bedrooms). A tornado that took out my house really changed me, ALL for the better I think. I don't really call myself minimalist because I can't tick ALL the "minimalism" boxes...but I'm much closer than I was a decade ago.

Ehh. Minimalism is a vehicle, not a destination. I’d say your mindset has you pretty squarely in minimalism mode.

I used to be huge into redecorating like every few months and it kills me how much money i wasted.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I don't own a car or have a driver's license. I don't do social media besides this one.

I own a full smart kitchen. My fridge has a tablet on it. I own several full size arcade games and pinball machines.

I cannot imagine having no car or license. I have to drive for just about everything, honestly even just to get the mail.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

Nerds are always welcome

We too have an extensive "paper" library. I love the tactile feedback from reading a book.
  • KosmosKitten
    crampus1 wrote: »

I have my collection from 20 years ago

Sweet. I'm still constantly collecting to stay up to date with it, despite getting into the game a lot later than most people who play.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited December 2018

Nerds are always welcome

We too have an extensive "paper" library. I love the tactile feedback from reading a book.

Dead tree editions are best IMO. I don't really like reading books on PC or smartphones. I also have MTG cards up to about 5th edition but haven't played in years.

I no longer own a toaster, I no longer own a TV, I do still have cable TV because I haven't called the service to shut it off. I no longer own an Xbox. I do still have my PS2 and a VCR and the original Star Wars and a Letterbox version as well.

I have Gundam Wing and two FF movies.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

I cannot imagine having no car or license. I have to drive for just about everything, honestly even just to get the mail.

I live in NYC and we have excellent public transit and we walk everywhere. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have several watches, and wear a watch daily... but I'm not sure that qualifies to make me "different".
  • KosmosKitten
    zorander6 wrote: »

Nerds are always welcome

Dead tree editions are best IMO. I don't really like reading books on PC or smartphones. I also have MTG cards up to about 5th edition but haven't played in years.

I no longer own a toaster, I no longer own a TV, I do still have cable TV because I haven't called the service to shut it off. I no longer own an Xbox. I do still have my PS2 and a VCR and the original Star Wars and a Letterbox version as well.

I have Gundam Wing and two FF movies.

Have you watched any of the other Gundam series? Unicorn was surprisingly good, although a bit space-operaesque.

Also, you should get back into playing MTG! Though admittedly, they've added a bunch of mechanics since 5th edition. :lol: