What do you own/not own that makes you different?

Replies

• LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I just realized I don’t own a sweatshirt.

what about a hoodie

No. I mean i have a light jacket that has a hood but its not a traditional hoodie

This makes me sad for you. Hoodies are the best article of clothing ever
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    I just realized I don’t own a sweatshirt.

I do not own a bra, are you open for a barter?

I’ll give you my nude one but I’m gonna need the sweatshirt to be really really oversized
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I have a Tom Servo. It's the most favorite thing I own:

9se1pffuw5bl.jpg

This is awesome!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I don't spend any money on decor at all. My walls are all bare. I'm super cheap in general. All of our linens and towels etc are all mis matched and have stains on them. My oven came with the house I'm pretty sure and it was built in 1982. It works but it's pretty janky. Can't read the numbers on the dial so I just guess as to what temp it is. One burner turns all the way up to high after about 10 minutes of being on.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    I've never owned an iPod or MP3 player.

If this was 2008 then it would be weird. But I don't know of anyone today that owns one.

Way back when I asked my engineer what this thing I was designing was for. He said, "It's a volume control for an MP3 player". I didn't know what an MP3 player was going to be, but it was going to have my chip in it.
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    sgreer29 wrote: »
    A degree from one of the top two engineering institutes in the world

So number two then? I mean, if it were the first one you would just say that. Unless you want us to guess. ;)

Or if I don’t want you to know specifics because it’s too easy to look up personal private information then

If that's the case, I would've went with Top 5. Perhaps Top 10 to really keep people off the trail.

Totally number two.

lol. Guess you’ll never know 😉
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    A degree from one of the top two engineering institutes in the world

So number two then? I mean, if it were the first one you would just say that. Unless you want us to guess. ;)

Or if I don’t want you to know specifics because it’s too easy to look up personal private information then

If that's the case, I would've went with Top 5. Perhaps Top 10 to really keep people off the trail.

Totally number two.

lol. Guess you’ll never know 😉

Cal Tech or MIT?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Im into fashion and sneakers/trainers yet i dont own a single pair of yeezeys ( i think they ugly af ) or a moncler jacket

I don’t know what any of those things are
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    I don't any pets nor do I want any.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Two Flags from WWII (from the losing side of the war) & a container of sand from Iwo Jima.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I own 4 grammy awards. I had a friend that worked on Saturday Night Live, he was a bit eccentric and one day just gave them to me because he had no interest in awards. I didnt want to throw them away....so i guess i own them.

Are you sure you didn't mean Emmy instead of Grammy

You are correct....i stand corrected
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I don't own a car or have a driver's license. I don't do social media besides this one.

I own a full smart kitchen. My fridge has a tablet on it. I own several full size arcade games and pinball machines.

I cannot imagine having no car or license. I have to drive for just about everything, honestly even just to get the mail.

I was woo’d for this 😅. I live where it’s below freezing for a third of the year and my post office is four miles away

You are probably getting woos for living in Rhubarb country.
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited December 2018
    zorander6 wrote: »
    Does being a mid-30s woman who owns a pretty extensive Magic: The Gathering collection count for anything?

Nerds are always welcome

We too have an extensive "paper" library. I love the tactile feedback from reading a book.

Dead tree editions are best IMO. I don't really like reading books on PC or smartphones. I also have MTG cards up to about 5th edition but haven't played in years.

I no longer own a toaster, I no longer own a TV, I do still have cable TV because I haven't called the service to shut it off. I no longer own an Xbox. I do still have my PS2 and a VCR and the original Star Wars and a Letterbox version as well.

I have Gundam Wing and two FF movies.

Have you watched any of the other Gundam series? Unicorn was surprisingly good, although a bit space-operaesque.

Also, you should get back into playing MTG! Though admittedly, they've added a bunch of mechanics since 5th edition. :lol:

Haven't watched any of the others. I don't generally watch much TV anyways so not sure I'll watch them.

I thought about playing MTG again and have been playing Pathfinder some but would have to replace all 3500 odd cards unless someone wanted to do classic. I left when flanking and some of the other abilities became popular.

Really need to go through my cards, I know I have some 2nd Edition but not sure if I have any Alpha/Beta cards. I think I do and I know I have a lot of Ice Age.