What do you own/not own that makes you different?

Options

Replies

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Hmm... my husband built the kids a Tardis kitchen that I designed :)
    The inside of it needs to be redone b/c the kids have drawn all over it, but I think it's pretty darn cool and I know no one else owns anything like it since it all came from my brain and his craftsmanship :D
    I had originally just wanted a little hidey spot shaped like the Tardis. Just empty on the inside the kids could hide in. But then had a brilliant idea of making it a kitchen inside. Took a while to figure out a design that could be closed and opened.

Xmas a couple of years ago.. using it for the kids' stockings :)
    bsZlqzj.jpg

Here it is opened up. My hubs did such an amazing job. Especially considering that this was his first attempt at doing anything like this.
    That's a little phone on the door. That part of the door also swings open so you can get to the phone if it's all closed. :)
    We had our old kitchen sink parts to use for the sink and the fake knobs for the oven hadn't been added yet.
    We also used magnetic paint on the "fridge" part so the kids could put up magnets. The wood wasn't sanded down though so lots of grooves and such so magnets never stuck to it very well lol. Something that we can eventually fix.
    n3huVso.jpg

First, That's awesome!! Second, It's smaller on the outside. :)
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have a collection of over 80 nutcrackers... And a pretty awesome nativity complete with all the kings tents and the market

Hard to find a nativity set like that for sure.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A dried armadillo bowl. I serve people their nuts in it when they piss me off.

• djchaney73
    djchaney73 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Hmm... my husband built the kids a Tardis kitchen that I designed :)
    The inside of it needs to be redone b/c the kids have drawn all over it, but I think it's pretty darn cool and I know no one else owns anything like it since it all came from my brain and his craftsmanship :D
    I had originally just wanted a little hidey spot shaped like the Tardis. Just empty on the inside the kids could hide in. But then had a brilliant idea of making it a kitchen inside. Took a while to figure out a design that could be closed and opened.

Xmas a couple of years ago.. using it for the kids' stockings :)
    bsZlqzj.jpg

Here it is opened up. My hubs did such an amazing job. Especially considering that this was his first attempt at doing anything like this.
    That's a little phone on the door. That part of the door also swings open so you can get to the phone if it's all closed. :)
    We had our old kitchen sink parts to use for the sink and the fake knobs for the oven hadn't been added yet.
    We also used magnetic paint on the "fridge" part so the kids could put up magnets. The wood wasn't sanded down though so lots of grooves and such so magnets never stuck to it very well lol. Something that we can eventually fix.
    n3huVso.jpg

Wow... its bigger on the inside!
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    A dried armadillo bowl. I serve nuts in it when people visit.

th?id=OGC.f2ebecb5e9e04349d8e23fba666057fa&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f52VizWS814LMQ%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=cP39T%2bJo6Z3n3AHtC1rWvA

I will take a photo of it for you when I get home.

Please do. I need to see this.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    A conscience

So you own one, or no?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    A FB account
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't own a car. I love it!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I do not, and probably never will, own a coffee maker.
    I do however own 4 pairs of super hero themed yoga pants, 2 pairs of Star Wars themed yoga pants, and a pair of super Mario themed yoga pants, in addition to all my "normal" yoga pants.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I own zero comic book/super hero related stuff. I don't think that makes me different from the masses, but it feels like it makes me different from the chit-chatters.

ETA --
    Actually, I think I might have the Edward Norton version of Hulk on Bluray.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I own a large collection of beads.

izgp8duonfp9.gif

Also no.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    I own a large collection of beads.

izgp8duonfp9.gif

Also no.

:D
  • Shannongr29
    Shannongr29 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    Matching socks

No seriously my sister and I swap the second sock of a pair. Embarrassingly we’ve been caught wearing matching, mismatched sets of socks
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I have no DVDs or CDs nor anything in which to play them anyway
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    A dried armadillo bowl. I serve people their nuts in it when they piss me off.

HAAAHAHAh! I love you Swanny x

Muah! Love you too, Surfer Girl.