What do you own/not own that makes you different?

Options

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I don’t own a toaster oven. I don’t own a dog. I don’t own a child.

I think I own way too much *kitten*. I would love to minimize and simplify. Up until a few years ago I used to be able to fit everything I owned into my little Honda Civic. While wonderful life events have happened to make me put more “roots” down, I sometimes really miss being more mobile and less rooted.
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I have a Tom Servo. It's the most favorite thing I own:

9se1pffuw5bl.jpg

This is amazing
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options

9se1pffuw5bl.jpg

I can’t like this enough. Where’s Crow and Gypsy?
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    I don't have a dishwasher.

I don't have cable (but do have a TV because it was a fun investment at the time to play Mass Effect on a yuuuge screen, and now well, Netflix...).

I don't have umbrellas either (bought a few and lost all of them in a matter of days after getting them).

I don't have a car, or a driver's license. I move around by subway and a lot of walking, including for the daily shopping (which happens daily based on what I feel like). For distance travel for work, always the plane. My husband has a car, but unless we go for the monthly big shopping or on vacay (or recently at the gym because leg day hurts), I don't use it.

I don't have a bike. Or an LBD which can qualify for the thread with the same name here.

What I do have, is a collection of old film SLRs and a grand piano I'm trying to get rid of since getting it with the place. I mean it's cute and all but it's eating up ALL THE SPACE in one room and I think the whole house was built around it or something because there is no freaking way someone hauled it up the narrow spiral staircase. I might be able to donate it to my boss for the girls, fingers crossed that he solves with everything transport / logistics related. It would be nice, since they know how to play really really good (I mean a lot better than the bit of Fuer Elise I know) and they would treat it right.

(edited) Ah, nevermind.

Cable is outdated. Not sure why I still have it. Old SRLs are a lot of fun. And you need an LBD. You’d look stunning in it.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options

9se1pffuw5bl.jpg

I really want to get a Crow, but then obviously I'd have to get Gypsy also. But she is so big, I'd have no place to keep her.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    Options

9se1pffuw5bl.jpg

I really want to get a Crow, but then obviously I'd have to get Gypsy also. But she is so big, I'd have no place to keep her.

Put her on the roof as a not so stealthy satellite dish.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I drive an 18 year old car. I'm the original owner. Apparently that makes me different because most people I know like to buy new cars for the sake of having a new car. The only thing wrong with this one is the interior light doesn't come on when I open the driver's door any more... not a good enough reason to replace it.

This is impressive. What kind of car is it?
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I own an E.T. cookie jar. His big *kitten* head serves as the top and I can only fit like 7 cookies in the body. I don't think it was meant for cookies actually, probably alien ashes, but that's what I'm using it for since I don't have a jacuzzi or bedroom trapeze to show off to guests. *shrug*
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have a TV, no cable, no satellite. Left over from when child use to use. I do not have a food processor, or instant pot. I have a nut grinder, that you crank by hand. And we have complete collection of Twilight Zone DVD's.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I just realized I don’t own a sweatshirt.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

what about a hoodie

No. I mean i have a light jacket that has a hood but its not a traditional hoodie
  • caco_ethes
    Options

what about a hoodie

No. I mean i have a light jacket that has a hood but its not a traditional hoodie

whoa that is some next-level minimalism :open_mouth:

I think i just forgot to buy one 😅
  • Jadesfire93
    Jadesfire93 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I still have a VHS player and the Star Wars films before the "special editions" were released. I like the dance scene in the Ewok village with the original music.