Whoa- I had no idea there were that many calories in X. Foods to avoid.

Options

Replies

• SVZee
    SVZee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My favorite ranch dressing is 140 calories for 2 tbsp, which is a pitiful serving size. I still use it, but not every day like I used to (and I measure it out).
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Peanut butter/nut butters 😭

Am I the only one who thinks that peanut butter isn't really all that high calorie?

Some peanut butters/nut butters are 170-180 calories & I'll usually have 1.5 servings & find that's more than enough for a rice cake or to eat on its own.

I have a weird relationship with peanut butter. When I weigh out a portion and stick to it I find it is plenty and as you say not really that bad calorie wise. But if I throw caution to the wind and just mindlessly scoop PB onto bread or into a smoothie or god forbid grab the jar and a spoon, I could easily eat 1,000 calories of it in no time.

For me PB and dry cereal were shockers. Not for the # of calories per serving, but for how much more than a serving I thought was a serving! Both are foods I don't go near without a food scale.

Just curious, are you a nutritionist?

Nope.

That's what I figured, thanks.

Do you have some insight that she may be missing? Curious.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

I also don't have 10,000 posts spewing nonsense like its fact.

OK - I'll play along. What nonsense are we talking about. Can you provide the correct answers?
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Am I the only one who thinks that peanut butter isn't really all that high calorie?

Some peanut butters/nut butters are 170-180 calories & I'll usually have 1.5 servings & find that's more than enough for a rice cake or to eat on its own.

I have a weird relationship with peanut butter. When I weigh out a portion and stick to it I find it is plenty and as you say not really that bad calorie wise. But if I throw caution to the wind and just mindlessly scoop PB onto bread or into a smoothie or god forbid grab the jar and a spoon, I could easily eat 1,000 calories of it in no time.

For me PB and dry cereal were shockers. Not for the # of calories per serving, but for how much more than a serving I thought was a serving! Both are foods I don't go near without a food scale.

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

When you get to 10,000 posts, you can spew nonsense too. Hurry.

Hey, wait a second :huh: :lol:

Only a few hundred more. You can do iiiitttt! Only took me 7 years to earn the right :wink:
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

It feels A M A Z I N G!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's foods I avoid, but I was surprised by the amount of calories in avocado. It's quite a juicy apparently-berry.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

It feels A M A Z I N G!

Imagine what you'll get to spew when you hit 20k!!!

:drinker:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

It feels A M A Z I N G!

I am imagining my gradual decline into snark, memes, and then eventual keyboard-slapping-as-reaction the closer I get to the magical 5-digits.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

It feels A M A Z I N G!

WOW... 30k?!??!! You must the most ill-informed, irresponsible poster here!

I've seen people with over 100K.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

It feels A M A Z I N G!

Pretty much TBH... didn't know I was at 30k actually :laugh:
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Nope.

nope
    Good to know, thanks.

It feels A M A Z I N G!

I've seen people with over 100K.

Well, I guess we know what broke MFP then...

It's like the Y2K thing... except different.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    IsETHome wrote: »
    X=Spinach Dip....2 tablespoons and a couple of crackers over 200 calories. Blew 1/5th of my calories for day in 3 bites.

I don't consider foods something to avoid, other that those I dislike. However, there are some that aren't worth taking the calorie hit on a daily basis, so they become once or twice a week (sometimes less), or I look for ways to adapt them. On the other hand, there are some foods that are lower calorie or higher satiety to the point that they are well worth consuming more frequently. It takes some time to adjust and adapt and to figure out which is which. I don't eat restaurant foods often. I can usually make a lower calorie version that tastes pretty good.