Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• amanda32390
    amanda32390 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello 👋🏻
    I’ve used MFP before in the past but never stuck with it. I’m in a better place to give it a go again.
  • BoomSizzle
    BoomSizzle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! Had this app for a while but just started trying to regularly track!
  • WaldenTW
    WaldenTW Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I am 61, was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis, and have flirted with pre-diabetes for years. My new primary doc recommended this app to help me get a handle on my carb intake. Years ago, I used the Spark app and enjoyed that. Looking forward to becoming more aware of what I’m eating and how to keep my blood sugar in check!
  • MomJess4
    MomJess4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been here for a long time, but not been consistent. Hoping to be more consistent now. I really need to take better care of myself.
  • Nina05D
    Nina05D Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • kemocean
    kemocean Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hey y’all! My name is Kristin and I live in Virginia. Ive used MFP in the past, but like many, Ive struggled with consistency over the long term. Not any more tho! Im giving myself a new narrative, and since 1/31, Ive gotten rid of 19 pounds! (I say “get rid of” pounds instead of “losing” them, cause you always find what you lose!). I think what has helped the most has been setting my macro ratios for my body type—its keeping me feeling satisfied and I feel great. I’ve logged everyday, and in reality, its just NOT A BIG DEAL! Best of success to each of you!!! Lets do this! 🥰💥
  • Maria_Albina
    Maria_Albina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! Looking to lose at least 15lbs. Have my wedding April 2024 and want to build some muscle as well, especially in my arms. Used to use MFP quite a bit years ago and just fell off the wagon. Dedicated now with my wedding coming up, especially with tiktok having so many amazing delicious food videos to try.
  • Rebe_Hawaii
    Rebe_Hawaii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    currently following WW program but not sure about how the points equal calories. some days it feels like too many and some days not enough. I've used my fitness pal in the past and hoping to get better clarity on calorie levels.
  • Davidssonfam
    Davidssonfam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. My name is David. I am 38 years old (for about 2 more weeks) I live in Iceland. I have a 9 year old son. And i am basically starting my journey to get fit again. So i just wanted to say hi.
    Also i always welcome all tips and im always open for a chat.
  • GrumpyDumpty
    GrumpyDumpty Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm needing help, motivation, inspiration. I'm a new dad for the second time, my diet and exercise is non existent. I've previously gone from 20st (280 pounds) to 11st (154 pounds) this was dine crash dieting, totally unhealthy and ofcourse the weight piled back on.

I am currently 251 days sober, and I have a half marathon coming up in October. I want to be able to finish this without stopping.

I want to be healthy enough to run around after my kids. I find it hard to diet and keep dieting with so much temptation, I guess I'm lazy and full of excuses. But I want this time to my final time. Height is 5 foot 8 (172cm)

Weight 16 stone 6 (104kg,230 pounds)

I've got my fitness pal, but no exercise equipment. I plan on running

I need a starting point, some help and a plan. Can anyone help please?
  • DIANOBOL_DAN
    DIANOBOL_DAN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all just joined
  • Frankiesgirl53
    Frankiesgirl53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I am Joanne .. I am looking for supportive friends!! Friend me ... We are in this health fight together
  • roseo0817
    roseo0817 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've used MFP multiple times in the past, so not sure how long this will last. Here's hoping a long time!
  • Lauren0571
    Lauren0571 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    38yo FTM guy here, was on this site way back and decided to use it to track my meals and exercise as I get myself back into shape. Good luck to you guys too, stay motivated~! o/
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm needing help, motivation, inspiration. I'm a new dad for the second time, my diet and exercise is non existent. I've previously gone from 20st (280 pounds) to 11st (154 pounds) this was dine crash dieting, totally unhealthy and ofcourse the weight piled back on.

I am currently 251 days sober, and I have a half marathon coming up in October. I want to be able to finish this without stopping.

I want to be healthy enough to run around after my kids. I find it hard to diet and keep dieting with so much temptation, I guess I'm lazy and full of excuses. But I want this time to my final time. Height is 5 foot 8 (172cm)

Weight 16 stone 6 (104kg,230 pounds)

I've got my fitness pal, but no exercise equipment. I plan on running

I need a starting point, some help and a plan. Can anyone help please?

I just passed my 44th year of sobriety and a couple of years after getting a handle on alcohol and pot I gave up cigarettes. None of that was easy and I still stay on my toes after all these years. But... those things can be compartmentalized and avoided altogether. I never have to even be near smoke of any kind and have no need to enter any place serving alcohol unless it's in service to a friend. Food is a different story. You can't just quit eating and never eat again, you have to learn to control it. I worked on that for a lot of years on a real roller coaster ride.

I've tried it all, but counting calories and exercising are the only things that work for me. I started to battle in earnest around 2005 upon discovering SparkPeople. SparkPeople is gone, but the habits I learned persist despite the ups and downs. I started at 271 pounds and now bounce around 163. I finally hit my goal around 2018 and have been within three pounds of my current goal for about five years now. I use nothing but body weight, dumbbells, resistance bands, a Gazelle, and outdoor walking so I never have the 'didn't make it to the gym' excuse. I walk around the neighborhood and work out in a small room at home. No excuses, but I'm the king of laziness. I'm a pretty normal person with all the flaws and faults that come with humanity, so unless you have medical challenges you didn't mention... well, get to work and I'll see you on the fit side. You really can do it!

• AGLake
    AGLake Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi there, MFP community!
    Just rejoined MFP to track meals, I.F. and some walking .
    $Premium this time, so I don’t know how long I’ll be able to stick around,
    It’s pretty anonymous here, I’m at the bottom of page 146 or something like that.
    Some ambiguously bad news at WW Studio today about possible closures, etc., shell-shocked me enough to come back to MFP app.
    I might do both for a while . Who knows ? We’ll see ; whatever .
    I also used to be with SparkPeople for a while with a nice enough SparkPage but I believe they closed down totally .
    All because I’ve a hot overeating problem and I believe I’m still classified as morbidly obese .
    I’ve been totally resistant to getting my weight back to normal range , although Intermittent Fasting is helping me lick my food bingeing overeating disorder .
    I’m a golden girl now and so need to Watch my health more than ever .
    Have a lovely week , everyone ! 👍✌️
  • rosieholly
    rosieholly Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi i have been yoyoing too many years lose lots if weight pile it all back on. I am now using premium to goal set and track more. Looking for friends to create a two way support community. I have 4 stone to lose x
  • dr_overdrive
    dr_overdrive Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Howdy, currently working on losing weight and gaining a bit of muscle and some flexibility, prepping myself up to get into amateur sports in my late 20's :D
    Friend me if you want to talk about powertraining or cardio or just want to chat about dieting ^^