Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Mini Challenge: 10lbs down by Valentines Day? <3

Replies

• tcunbelievertcunbeliever Member Posts: 7,787 Member Member Posts: 7,787 Member
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    The crazy road so far...

12/27: 160
    12/28: 161.4
    12/29: 159
    12/30: 153
    12/31: 155
    1/2: 161.2

Goal 2/14: 148

I still wonder about that 6 lbs overnight drop. The variations are crazy!

I think it's just being female and peri-menopause...it was always bad with the monthly water swings, but it's getting worse as I age.

I need to get back on the scale at some point this weekend.
  • _vicky2291_vicky2291 Member, Premium Posts: 353 Member Member, Premium Posts: 353 Member
    Do any of you guys take measurements as well?
    I finally measured this morning... There is work to be done 😅
  • Running2FitRunning2Fit Member Posts: 704 Member Member Posts: 704 Member
    vla246 wrote: »

Yup. I always take new measurements on the first of the month. It’s another helpful way to see progress.
  • _vicky2291_vicky2291 Member, Premium Posts: 353 Member Member, Premium Posts: 353 Member
    vla246 wrote: »

Yup. I always take new measurements on the first of the month. It’s another helpful way to see progress.

@Running2Fit do you see a difference fairly often? 😊
    @vla246 - I see a difference every month!

I measure my bust, waist, hips, arms, and legs. My arms change the slowest (which is so frustrating because they are what I hate the most!) but I’ll always see at least an inch or two of difference in my hips and waist from one month to the next.
    edited January 2019
  • LynnJ9LynnJ9 Member, Premium Posts: 406 Member Member, Premium Posts: 406 Member
    I'm in! I am 153 this morning, I was 180 two years ago and lost 45 pounds. I have gained 18 back in the last year, but I'm determined not to gain more and get back to 135. First goal, 145 by 2/14!
  • hotel4dogshotel4dogs Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    I'm in with different goals.
    Original weight 220
    Lowest weight 145
    Current weight 150
    Goal 145 by Valentine's Day
    (I've maintained between 145-155 for 2-1/2 years)

• CheftheresaCheftheresa Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
    How do I join this challenge?
  • marilyncthorwartmarilyncthorwart Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    Perfect timing! I have a trip planned the week of Valentine’s Day and expect I’ll be in a bathing suit 98%of the time so I’d like to get everything tight & right.
    I’m currently 124 and have 8 pounds of vanity weight to lose but I’m mostly interested in my body fat percentage. It’s at 24% (the high end of normal) so even if my weight doesn’t change at the end of this challenge but I get my fat % down and my muscle % up, I’ll be a happy camper!
    There are just a few squishy jiggly bits I’d like to firm up. I’m trying to transform into a lean, tanned, yoga goddess. Stay strong everyone!
    edited January 2019
  • MarisaMSimonMarisaMSimon Member Posts: 278 Member Member Posts: 278 Member

mmm4861 wrote: »
    mmm4861 wrote: »
    I would love to do this! I weighed in on Friday at 208.4. I ultimately want to get down to 140 but for this challenge I would like to get to 199 by Valentine’s Day to be in the 100 club! 😊

I had my weekly weigh in today and I’m down to 207.2!! Keep pushing everyone! The real test is this upcoming week!

So I did pretty bad 😂

I went on vacation for a week with family and unfortunately I had such a hard time staying on goal with trying to accurately calculate calories (we went out to eat a lot) and I had no scale so I didn’t weigh myself until I got back.

December 31st I weighed in at 213!! 🙁

However, this Friday (my usual weigh in day) I weighed in at 207.8 so I feel like I’m back on track! Drinking lots of fluids and going back to my workout regiment definitely helped this week. 8.8 pounds to go!
    How do I join this challenge?

You can jump in any time :) You just start checking in (most seem to do weekly but you can check in however often you like).
  • LadySatonLadySaton Member Posts: 500 Member Member Posts: 500 Member
    Back from vacay and checking in!!

Challenge starting weight: 173
    Goal for Vday: 163
    Today’s weight: 168.6

Looks like my initial weigh in was a bit high because of TOM and other reasons (which I suspected) so I’ll lower my goal weight from 165 to 163! So a little over 5 pounds in a little over 5 weeks. I’m pretty confident I can manage that. :-)