30 Day Shred motivation!

Replies

• Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    I just finished day 6 of level 1!
  • crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    I just finished Day 9 of Level 1. The Shred is great because it's so short. If you mute Jillian (it gets annoying after a while) and put on some fast music, it goes by in a blur! Good luck to all of us!
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Great job everyone! I finished day 2 level 1 yesterday.....It went better than expected, the soreness is a little worse today than yesterday. :)
  • jesskreg
    jesskreg Posts: 75 Member
    I do the same thing! Doesn't it go by so much faster? When I do it this way, I feel like I have more energy and usually add in another workout.
  • CAG1983
    CAG1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Keep going everyone!

Day 2, Level 1 done. This gets better, right?
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Haha, I hear you all! Finished Level 1, Day 2 today and hoo boy, I am sore! But it was a little easier today than yesterday, and tomorrow will be better than today. I am resting over the weekend though!
  • suse71
    suse71 Posts: 17 Member
    Can I join? Just done Day 1 and have exactly time with no rest days before I go on holiday! Good luck to everyone!
  • rissaface
    Can I join? Just done Day 1 and have exactly time with no rest days before I go on holiday! Good luck to everyone!

Welcome....and good luck to you! :smile:
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    OMG, way sore this morning after day 1, I was super surprised. I am pretty sure walking 2 miles last night did not help my legs, which happen to be the most sore:)
  • ckouchii
    ckouchii Posts: 7 Member
    I'm on day 2 and I can barely walk down the stairs, the muscle sore is killing meh.
    I'm worried that the pain will remain the same tomorrow, I have an event requires heels and a good walk lol.
    seriously I was walking like a penguin the whole day :P but nope i'm not giving up I might skip the shred tomorrow but will continue after
  • Shari_P
    Shari_P Posts: 11 Member
    Today I started level 2. Oh my goodness...I must have looked ridiculous! I could hardly move during the final set. I so wanted to hurt Jillian. Not looking forward to tomorrow morning.
  • CAG1983
    CAG1983 Posts: 11 Member
    Well, I'm already dreading doing Day 3, Level 1 tonight. Legs are sore but not too bad, probably about the same as yesterday. Able to walk a bit better, but it's the bending to sit that gets me. Whoever decided squats and lunges were a good thing?! Chest isn't as sore as yesterday either. Hoping the aches and pains will be worth it!
  • rissaface
    I finished day 3 of Level 1 last night........sheesh. I've been using 5lb hand weights (since that's all I have) for day 2 & 3 (I used soup cans for day 1) and my arms are pretty stinking sore. My legs are getting better though. :)

How heavy are the hand weights that you use?
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Im starting 30 day shred today.im doing level 1,3 times a week for a whole month and i will be doing the same with the other levels.this is my second time doin it.i saw great results last time so i hope i see them this time.
  • cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    Glad to find you all! I am on day 6 of level 2 and I am enjoying it now. I remember the first couple of days and having trouble going up and down stairs. Now I am not sore after my workouts but still struggle to get through the whole cardio section! I have noticed a difference in my stamina and my core feels much tighter. I am going to keep going and encourage all of you to. I even took before pics so that I can do after pics so I hope that there will be a difference!
  • cryptogirl
    cryptogirl Posts: 35 Member
    I used 3 pound weights the first half of level 1 and then moved to 5 pound weights. I have been using 3 pounds for level 2 and I don't think that I can move up to 5 yet. My arms are burning by the end of the reps with the 3 pound weights.
  • rissaface
    I used 3 pound weights the first half of level 1 and then moved to 5 pound weights. I have been using 3 pounds for level 2 and I don't think that I can move up to 5 yet. My arms are burning by the end of the reps with the 3 pound weights.

I think I will be investing in some 3 pounders shortly then. :ohwell:
  • gail200186
    gail200186 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm thinking about starting the 30 day shred as soon as I get some weights. Does anyone have any before/after pics yet??
  • suse71
    suse71 Posts: 17 Member
    Ow! Sore after level 1 day 2 especially across chest! Just discovered I am using 3kg weights - over 6lb!? At least I can feel the muscles have been working!!
  • smurfsbird
    smurfsbird Posts: 2 Member
    I started the 30 day shred - did it for about 4 days and now I've fallen off the wagon! Off to look at pictures on google for motivation for tomorrow :)
    Anyone getting any good results in the mirror?