30 Day Shred motivation!

Options

Replies

• rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ow! Sore after level 1 day 2 especially across chest! Just discovered I am using 3kg weights - over 6lb!? At least I can feel the muscles have been working!!

Holy cow! That has to hurt. lol
  • trixiepinkie
    trixiepinkie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have moved on to Level 2, Day 2. I can certainly feel it with the 5 lb. weights. I have to listen to other music though or else I get too bored listening to the same thing every day. Good luck everyone!
  • hmlfeathers
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred! I normally get very bored with exercise DVDs, i just lose interest verrrrry easily! However, the 30 day shred has been an amazing motivator! The workout is only 20 mins which is the perfect amount of time to feel as though you have worked out but it feels like you haven't spent your entire evening standing in front of the TV. I would recommend you to do your own 'cooldown' after the DVD has finished. I followed Jillian's cooldown and stretches on the first day and i couldn't walk for 2 days after.... Lesson learnt! Hope you all have fun and see results! .... I have, my love handles are finally shrinking! =D
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just completed Level 1 Day 1 yesterday. I am really excited about this, Going to take a picture of my self and do all my measurements today to see what kind of results I will achieve!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of Level 1 and getting much easier. Still sore, but not hobbling around as bad. I find the pushups are the hardest for me so I am glad they are at the beginning!
  • CMenendez
    CMenendez Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think Day 2 is def worse than day 1 with the sore muscles. But still a good workout. This time I decided to work out will my daughter was still up so I had a toddler hanging all over me. But I still got it done!
  • seannaj26
    seannaj26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I can't find my DVD but I heard you can buy it at Dollar General or something. I need this...for me.
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yay for everybody! I really like this workout and it always seems to produce good results :) My best motivation is being able to follow Natalie (sp?) through a set. DOMS is helped by stretching or mild cardio like walking. Cheers, best of luck to you during this workout :flowerforyou:
  • Shari_P
    Shari_P Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred - did it for about 4 days and now I've fallen off the wagon! Off to look at pictures on google for motivation for tomorrow :)
    Anyone getting any good results in the mirror?

Well girl, jump back on the wagon with us! :) You made it through the toughest part - the first few days were killers for me. I'm on level 2, day 4 and can definitely see the results. My legs and butt (definitely my biggest problem areas) are shrinking and firming up. Hope you can find your motivation again!
  • Shari_P
    Shari_P Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I can't find my DVD but I heard you can buy it at Dollar General or something. I need this...for me.

You can get it free on YouTube!
  • rissaface
    Options
    I took Wednesday off and did Day 4 of level 1 yesterday.....I noticed the first 5 modified push ups were easier. :) But I'm not as sore so my body is adjusting! Day 5 will be Saturday. I'm totally digging it.......my husband even joined in for a portion of my shred yesterday and he said he's feeling it today. :wink:
  • Sodalites
    Sodalites Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got this DVD yesterday and I'm scared to start. It looks really hard! Hopefully I can suck it up and finish!
  • rissaface
    Options
    I got this DVD yesterday and I'm scared to start. It looks really hard! Hopefully I can suck it up and finish!

Just give it the best you can and you will improve as time goes on. I just finished day 5 of level 1 (I took 2 days off this week). Kicks my butt hard each and every time but I'm getting better. You can do this. :)
  • tndcclub
    tndcclub Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Question: for those of you doing 30 day shred are you following an eating plan or just a calorie count. Any suggestions I want to start.
  • liv__e
    liv__e Posts: 2
    Options
    I just finished doing 30 Day Shred!! I really enjoyed doing it, while it is a killer it is only 20 minutes so it's doable. I did miss a day of level 3 but apart from that did it every day and just ate what I normally would on mfp - for me, between 1200-1500 cals. I had about 20lbs to lose in total from the start and lost 7lbs, and lost several inches off my waist and hips - so was really pleased!! (Sorry - didn't think to take pictures!) I only used soup tins for level 1 whilst I was just getting used to it, then worked up to either 1 or 2 kg weights.
    Good luck with it, hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I'm trying ripped in 30 now for a change but may well come back to 30 day shred in the future :)
  • liv__e
    liv__e Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh - and the muscle soreness and stiffness really does go away, it did for me after about day 4/day 5 of level 1!! Just keep going as best you can :)
  • rissaface
    Options
    Question: for those of you doing 30 day shred are you following an eating plan or just a calorie count. Any suggestions I want to start.

I'm just watching my calories......However, I haven't lost any weight but feeling tighter
  • rissaface
    Options
    Sweet Mother of Pearl.......you would think workout #6 of Level one would be less agonizing......LOL
  • suse71
    suse71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just done Day 6 level 1 too! 30 days seems a long way off still but over half way on level one so feeling positive and seeing some progress already!!
  • rissaface
    Options
    Just done Day 6 level 1 too! 30 days seems a long way off still but over half way on level one so feeling positive and seeing some progress already!!

That's fantastic! Have you printed out a calendar from online to mark off the days you have completed? It keeps me motivated to see. :)