30 Day Shred motivation!

Options

Replies

• rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    2wgyyxi.jpg

This is after the 30 day shred ^_^

I can't see the picture.......but if it's the same as your profile picture that is fantastic! Great job.
  • suse71
    suse71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I don't think there was one work out on level 1 that I could make it through the side lunges using the 5lb weights without having to stop lifting my arms, so I would continue to lunge but woud drop my arms until they didn't burn so bad. It really helps me to hear how everyone is doing as well! I hope everyone can keep giving updates as well. :)

Suse, are you going straight through the program? no days off?

Hi Lynnie, Jillian is brutal, it gets better. :)

I had Saturday off so on Level 2 day 3 today - done, yay!! Aiming to finish the rest with no breaks or I won't fit it in before I go away!! Everyone is doing really well!!
  • rissaface
    Options
    That's awesome! Good luck. :)
  • mrslane1010
    Options
    I'm a total slacker when it comes to exercise..... I've had the 30ds DVD for a couple months now, and I think I am finally ready to start!! I lost 20lbs... And then gained it all back, hopefully I can stick with it with a little motivation!
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Alright people! Starting 30 Day Shred today. Anyone want to do it with me? Post your pictures of success, measurements, whatever! Anything that will motivate me (:

Hey girl! I bought shred this weekend and started it yesterday, just lesson 1 and I am hurting! Lol I'd be glad to partner up with you on the process! I'm going to need a drill Sargent to push me through it though- I have only ever really focused on cardio and my arms and butt are so sore today from the floor exercises with hand weights and lunges! I know this has to he good for me as its obviously worke muscles that I've been neglecting - I am 100% positive that this video will be effective for toning and shedding weight based on how it made me sweat yesterday! I could use a support system for sure! :D let's dooooo it!!
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options
    Day 7 for me tomorrow (rest day today do to more hectic schedule than usual and in the office late :-( )

It's going well. The pain is definitely less the following day. My endurance is up but in some sets I still am dying by the time she says "give me 5 more!"

Desperate to move on to level 2 now! X
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Options
    I've had the DVD for a month and a half and I still haven't started it yet.
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Options
    2wgyyxi.jpg

This is after the 30 day shred ^_^

Wow! Tremendous results! Now that's motivation! Thank you for posting.
  • rissaface
    Options
    Day 7 for me tomorrow (rest day today do to more hectic schedule than usual and in the office late :-( )

It's going well. The pain is definitely less the following day. My endurance is up but in some sets I still am dying by the time she says "give me 5 more!"

Desperate to move on to level 2 now! X

Few more days and you'll be on level 2! I did day 1 of level 2 last night, I like it better than level 1 (which could be because it's a new work out). Lots of plank type of exercises. I was dying by the end.

LOL, I hate it when she says give me 5 more. :happy:
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Going to start this Thursday, it'll be 12 weeks since my son was born via c-section and I was told to wait til after 12 weeks and 12 weeks will be Wednesday :) I hope my body is ready for it!
  • awenasangster
    awenasangster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started this today! I felt like I was dying most of the way through the workout, but she's very motivational and afterwards I felt absolutely fine! My main concern with dvd/intense workouts is that I injure myself or overdo it and can't manage anything the next day - but with this I feel like I've worked really hard and will be totally read to do it again tomorrow :D
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options
    Level 7 done today. Really had to drag myself up off the sofa this morning. Having a rest day didn't really do me any justice, woke up lethargic and no motivation, but I got through it, upgraded my weights to 4.5lbs

I was naughty and measured myself today. I thought if I had lost anything then I wouldn't feel as unmotivated like I did today but sadly I haven't lost a smidge anywhere. For people who are further on in the shred, how long was it before you got results?

My other half did say I was looking more toned, but this was after I walked in the lounge with my tummy out and outright asked him, so he might have just being nice ha!

Another thing thats bothering me is why my calorie burn according to my heart rate monitor seems so high compared to some other people. I am asthmatic so that does make it go like the clappers, but I'm hoping that I am either working super hard, or other people are fitter than me, and not that my HRM is inaccurate (Polar FT4), is anyone else using a HRM

Think I might need to Google people's before and after shots today for some more inspiration!
  • rissaface
    Options
    Going to start this Thursday, it'll be 12 weeks since my son was born via c-section and I was told to wait til after 12 weeks and 12 weeks will be Wednesday :) I hope my body is ready for it!

Good luck to you! You will do great, just follow anita and it will make it a smidge easier. :happy:

I had my last baby over 4 years ago and my body wasn't ready for it. lol
  • rissaface
    Options
    Good luck to you guys! Awena just listen to your body and you should be okay, if it starts to hurt too much back off. You don't want to injure yourself cause then your back to square one.
  • rissaface
    Options
    Level 7 done today. Really had to drag myself up off the sofa this morning. Having a rest day didn't really do me any justice, woke up lethargic and no motivation, but I got through it, upgraded my weights to 4.5lbs

I was naughty and measured myself today. I thought if I had lost anything then I wouldn't feel as unmotivated like I did today but sadly I haven't lost a smidge anywhere. For people who are further on in the shred, how long was it before you got results?

My other half did say I was looking more toned, but this was after I walked in the lounge with my tummy out and outright asked him, so he might have just being nice ha!

Another thing thats bothering me is why my calorie burn according to my heart rate monitor seems so high compared to some other people. I am asthmatic so that does make it go like the clappers, but I'm hoping that I am either working super hard, or other people are fitter than me, and not that my HRM is inaccurate (Polar FT4), is anyone else using a HRM

Think I might need to Google people's before and after shots today for some more inspiration!

Don't get discouraged, from your profile picture you look super small to begin with so it may be a little bit before you see any progress. I would imagine if you don't have much weight to lose you will see the progress in tonining and definition. :) I measured myself after I the second week which I think was day 10. I heard you are supposed to weigh in after a rest day so that's what I did. :wink:

hahaha, if you don't beleive your hubby you could take pictures, that may help.

I'm a mild asmatic as well. My heart rate monitor said about 358 calories for level one, I haven't used it for level 2 becuase I have the wrist one and it takes forever to read.......so I miss out on the work out. Level 2 I'm confident I burn way more calories because I sweat more and I'm spent after wards. I added a chest heart rate monitor for Santa to bring me. :wink:
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What size weights do you use? Just going shopping for some and I have no idea which to get!!
  • ashleyjayne89
    Options

Don't get discouraged, from your profile picture you look super small to begin with so it may be a little bit before you see any progress. I would imagine if you don't have much weight to lose you will see the progress in tonining and definition. :) I measured myself after I the second week which I think was day 10. I heard you are supposed to weigh in after a rest day so that's what I did. :wink:

I'm a mild asmatic as well. My heart rate monitor said about 358 calories for level one, I haven't used it for level 2 becuase I have the wrist one and it takes forever to read.......so I miss out on the work out. Level 2 I'm confident I burn way more calories because I sweat more and I'm spent after wards. I added a chest heart rate monitor for Santa to bring me. :wink:

You are right, I dont really have weight to lose, I wouldnt mind a slight gain from this really as I am at the lower end of what is considered healthy for my height, but Im just not happy with my body shape, as I have thin legs, and am not in the best shape around my middle and lower back, or arms, so clothes dont always fit too well or look the best. my aim is to gain some weight in muscle, improve my fitness, and hopefully trim down my middle and bulk up my legs a little (so long as they look toned) so I am more in proportion.

I started out with about 3 stone to lose and lost all the weight, but admittedly lost more than I should have and my body has never really re-jiggled itself . I always did lots of running and cardio to try and tackle those final areas I wasnt happy with but I realise now that I cant afford to lose weight and need to do more targeted exercises to improve, so that is why I started the shred.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me today, done it before but I forgot Level 1 is tough! I need to treat myself to some bigger dumbells as mine are only around 2.5lb and just not enough for the most part. The cardio is kicking my *kitten* though.

June I did 30DS, July I had a trial at the gym so I was mainly doing stronglifts 5x5 then August I have been mostly on holiday lol! So relatively out of condition cardio wise but I managed some full push ups today. Previously I have always done modified ones. Did about 8 today so 10 minimum tomorrow. Somehow I can do the walking ones all the time!

Going back to the gym properly too so I may alternate 5x5 with 30ds
  • rissaface
    Options

You are right, I dont really have weight to lose, I wouldnt mind a slight gain from this really as I am at the lower end of what is considered healthy for my height, but Im just not happy with my body shape, as I have thin legs, and am not in the best shape around my middle and lower back, or arms, so clothes dont always fit too well or look the best. my aim is to gain some weight in muscle, improve my fitness, and hopefully trim down my middle and bulk up my legs a little (so long as they look toned) so I am more in proportion.

I started out with about 3 stone to lose and lost all the weight, but admittedly lost more than I should have and my body has never really re-jiggled itself . I always did lots of running and cardio to try and tackle those final areas I wasnt happy with but I realise now that I cant afford to lose weight and need to do more targeted exercises to improve, so that is why I started the shred.

I gotcha. I'm curious how the whole shred reshapes you by the end. You will definitely have to keep me updated. :)

Maybe heaving lifting would be great for you then? I've heard tons of people talk about reshaping with heavy lifting.
  • rissaface
    Options
    What size weights do you use? Just going shopping for some and I have no idea which to get!!

I've been using 5lb weights, but I think they are a little big for me for this workout since there is so much shoulder work with them. If I went out and bought some, I would probably look for 3-4lb if they even sell them. lol