Is this guy just super friendly or is he asking me out?

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I don't like not knowing what someone else is expecting from/out of me. So if it's unclear I ask questions just so I'm not left wondering. I can tell that's probably not your personality. But if this were me I'd straight up ask what he wanted from the relationship, friends or something else.
    Without knowing him or his personality, it's hard to really say what his actions mean.

Dis me.
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If a dude wants to hang out with a chick, he wants to bang her. End of story.
    So this sounds like he wants to bang you and he likes you.
    Just ask him.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    so do you like him like him or just like him?

:D I COULD like him lol! But if he's just being friendly, then there's no reason to get excited about anything.

If you "COULD like him" then make your move girl. Don't wait for him. It's almost 2019 for crying out loud. Get excited...so what. Obviously he enjoys your company if he keeps asking you out. I would just go out to whatever event interests you and don't hold back just because of the unknown. If you're interested in him, then let him know. It's up to him what he does with that information. That's just me, but I'm old and I don't waste time playing games.

I'm not about that first move life! At best, I can flip my hair, compliment his muscles and laugh at his jokes. But.. hey.. then again maybe that's what he is doing.... :D

I feel like u both are doing the same thing to each other: testing waters to see if one is interested in the other in that way, or can be fine being friendzoned.

Ur attitude of “ i can like like him “ shows u would b ok with starting up something. Maybe its worth it. Take that step forward to find out, or u may possibly miss an opportunity u may regret

If u didnt like him honestly u wouldnt have bothered making this thread.

That's fair... I do feel like I'm testing the waters... and I would be interested if I knew he was interested.

Well one of you has to say something. If you're both waiting for the other to show more interest you're just gonna wind up not finding out anything. That would drive me batty.

Batty is a funny word

So is nutty.
  • competeagain4x
    Options
    I'm sure none of these communication problems will carry forward if a relationship actually develops.

Mer.

Its only been 5 months... crossing the hurdle from "just friends" to more can be a bit more complicated than if we just met on a dating website and immediately knew why we were both there. I think it's too soon to tell if this would lead us to some deep communication issues. So far he's pretty easy to talk to.

Only 5 months?! Ugh
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    you could get drunk and come on to him and if he turns you down blame the liquor
    so do you like him like him or just like him?

:D I COULD like him lol! But if he's just being friendly, then there's no reason to get excited about anything.

If you "COULD like him" then make your move girl. Don't wait for him. It's almost 2019 for crying out loud. Get excited...so what. Obviously he enjoys your company if he keeps asking you out. I would just go out to whatever event interests you and don't hold back just because of the unknown. If you're interested in him, then let him know. It's up to him what he does with that information. That's just me, but I'm old and I don't waste time playing games.

I'm not about that first move life! At best, I can flip my hair, compliment his muscles and laugh at his jokes. But.. hey.. then again maybe that's what he is doing.... :D

I feel like u both are doing the same thing to each other: testing waters to see if one is interested in the other in that way, or can be fine being friendzoned.

Ur attitude of “ i can like like him “ shows u would b ok with starting up something. Maybe its worth it. Take that step forward to find out, or u may possibly miss an opportunity u may regret

If u didnt like him honestly u wouldnt have bothered making this thread.

That's fair... I do feel like I'm testing the waters... and I would be interested if I knew he was interested.

Well one of you has to say something. If you're both waiting for the other to show more interest you're just gonna wind up not finding out anything. That would drive me batty.

I agree with this. I would just do it nonchalantly. So the next time he asks you out say "Okay I'll go out this time but don't try hitting on me, because I might like that ;) " Or something to that effect...and see what he says. OR the drunk idea is good too. B)

i gotta veto the drunk idea.

he might be, yknow, like an actual nice guy who would "turn her down" after she'd had a drink or two, just because he felt like it'd be wrong you know-
    *not* because he didn't like her.

if that happens she's gonna be in an even more confusing predicament

oooooookay if that happens she can also always text him something super flirty and if he turns her down be like “omg, wrong convo lol!!”

hit him with that ol' reliable "my friend took my phone from me i'm soooooooooo embarrassed sorry"

Haha! I actually really did accidentally text him randomly--- and it was truly an accident. So I can't pull that again or it will be suspicious!
  • breefoshee
    Options
    I'm sure none of these communication problems will carry forward if a relationship actually develops.

Mer.

Its only been 5 months... crossing the hurdle from "just friends" to more can be a bit more complicated than if we just met on a dating website and immediately knew why we were both there. I think it's too soon to tell if this would lead us to some deep communication issues. So far he's pretty easy to talk to.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

That's 5 months from the time we've met. I was seeing someone else for 3 of it... and then it took me a month to get over that... so like 2 months since he started reaching out more and maybe 5 weeks of him increasing communication... and 2 weeks of that, he was in China. So... basically its been like 3 weeks... lol.
  • competeagain4x
    Options

Mer.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

That's 5 months from the time we've met. I was seeing someone else for 3 of it... and then it took me a month to get over that... so like 2 months since he started reaching out more and maybe 5 weeks of him increasing communication... and 2 weeks of that, he was in China. So... basically its been like 3 weeks... lol.

Advice: if you like him, don’t ever talk like you just did...to him 😜
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,110 Member
    Options
    I didn’t read your post but If you met him on mfp he is asking you for all the things !

• breefoshee
    Options

Mer.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

Oh I already do lol! He knows I'm crazy and overthink things.
  • competeagain4x
    Options

Mer.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

I thought I read where you weren’t sure if you liked him....? Hmmm
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

Mer.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

Dis is me.
  • breefoshee
    Options

Mer.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

I already do talk to him like I just did.
  • competeagain4x
    Options

Mer.

Only 5 months?! Ugh

I already do talk to him like I just did.

He must be very patient
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    If a dude wants to hang out with a chick, he wants to bang her. End of story.

Myth. I've had (and still have) lots of platonic friendships with men who had zero interest in anything more than hanging out. A couple of them came out as gay many years later so it's pretty obvious there was no intention of banging lol.

Bree, I'd let it play out for a while longer and see if things become any clearer. Not all guys will admit romantic interest unless they're pretty sure it's reciprocated, for fear of rejection or losing the friendship.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I blew a beautiful relationship by running ahead, over analyzing and trying to figure out where he was in the relationship. He felt pressured and took off. Lost my best friend. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve ever done.
    I’d take a breath, slow down. Try to enjoy the present. Be yourself, let him know you enjoy his company. He will tell you when he’s ready if it’s more than friends.
    Easy to say, I know. Just my 2c
  • breefoshee
    Options
    I blew a beautiful relationship by running ahead, over analyzing and trying to figure out where he was in the relationship. He felt pressured and took off. Lost my best friend. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve ever done.
    I’d take a breath, slow down. Try to enjoy the present. Be yourself, let him know you enjoy his company. He will tell you when he’s ready if it’s more than friends.
    Easy to say, I know. Just my 2c

Honestly this is what I’m most likely to do. Because in all reality, he has really good best friend possibilities. I loved hanging out with him before I was even interested. And really, that’s part of why I wish I knew what he was thinking, because even if it’s “I wanna make this chick my bestie”, I could roll with that. I could see us hanging out in face masks watching chick flicks... like for real lol.
    But I’ll just roll with what’s happening now and see how things play out.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses but you should text him before yall meet up and ask if he thinks you should shave your legs beforehand. His answer will tell you if you're in the friend zone or not.