Is this guy just super friendly or is he asking me out?

Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Flash a boob. See what he does.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    Update #2: He messaged this morning and invited me to his place on Saturday night for a "small, casual dinner with friends."

I'm still going with the friend theory because:
    a) he really does seem to be a guy who gets along with women... some of his interests are a litttttle bit more on the feminine side
    b) It really could go either way for me. Maybe hanging out as a friend will help me to decide if I want more than friendship with him. Honestly, I do like him but I'm not mad crushing at this point... writing Pete with hearts around his name. Maybe I'll have a clearer idea as time goes on.
    c) I'm most likely to be myself if I don't think anything is going to happen there. The moment I know someone that I'm interest in is interested in me, I normally end up being a little weird and reallly self-aware.

I am super thankful for this thread though... its helping me think all the things out. I realized that I'm sort of a hypocrite because I wanna know what he's thinking and want him to be clear, but I don't even know what I'm thinking. I need more time to let it unfold.
    Update #2: He messaged this morning and invited me to his place on Saturday night for a "small, casual dinner with friends."

a) he really does seem to be a guy who gets along with women... some of his interests are a litttttle bit more on the feminine side
    b) It really could go either way for me. Maybe hanging out as a friend will help me to decide if I want more than friendship with him. Honestly, I do like him but I'm not mad crushing at this point... writing Pete with hearts around his name. Maybe I'll have a clearer idea as time goes on.
    c) I'm most likely to be myself if I don't think anything is going to happen there. The moment I know someone that I'm interest in is interested in me, I normally end up being a little weird and reallly self-aware.

I am super thankful for this thread though... its helping me think all the things out. I realized that I'm sort of a hypocrite because I wanna know what he's thinking and want him to be clear, but I don't even know what I'm thinking. I need more time to let it unfold.

You're a girl... Can't you just use the take one step forward, so he takes one forward, then take two back and now he's chasing you method 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣...

Walk him into that jab hun, stick and move like a honey bee lol

Haha! I'm hoping that my awkward moments of rejecting his invitations are coming across this way... calm, cool, and intriguing and not weird like a deer caught in headlights-- which is actually how I am.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

You're a girl... Can't you just use the take one step forward, so he takes one forward, then take two back and now he's chasing you method 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣...

Walk him into that jab hun, stick and move like a honey bee lol

Haha! I'm hoping that my awkward moments of rejecting his invitations are coming across this way... calm, cool, and intriguing and not weird like a deer caught in headlights-- which is actually how I am.

You're playing it right imo... Go but bring a friend

It says I'm interested in seeing what you have to say, but I don't really trust you yet so you've got some work to do lol
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    this seems like a trap to me. like he has commitment problems..cant put himself out there and take the risk so he is putting it on you - if you move towards he may - take you further down the same dang road. I would cut and run.
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    This thread is so adorable! I think he’s shy. Sounds like something I would do.
  • breefoshee
    Options
    MrLimuzin wrote: »
    I'm sure none of these communication problems will carry forward if a relationship actually develops.

Mer.

Its only been 5 months... crossing the hurdle from "just friends" to more can be a bit more complicated than if we just met on a dating website and immediately knew why we were both there. I think it's too soon to tell if this would lead us to some deep communication issues. So far he's pretty easy to talk to.

5 months of dancing back & forth and no one has brought up the topic of being together being together? I'm of the sort that believes a person should be able to tell within the first 4 months or so whether they want to marry the other person. I will never understand this game of dating for years before making up one's mind.

Read the follow-up comments. I was seeing someone else for 3 months of it. And to your previous comment... no I’m not wanting him to express a desire to be exclusive... I just wanted to know if he liked me.
  • breefoshee
    Options
    Update #3 for those still hanging on lol:
    He invited my Chinese friend and her husband and me to dinner tomorrow night... and no one else. When he invited me, he made it sound like it was a group... then when I asked how many people would be there he just said it was a small group.

When I talked to my friend she said she asked him the same question and he said it would only be us. So.... this is a non-double date...

Just friends guys... just remember he is just a friend.
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    He invited my Chinese friend and her husband and me to dinner tomorrow night... and no one else. When he invited me, he made it sound like it was a group... then when I asked how many people would be there he just said it was a small group.

When I talked to my friend she said she asked him the same question and he said it would only be us. So.... this is a non-double date...

You know my stance lol
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Soooo it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck... but it's not a duck?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options

Oh he's into yew lol...

Don't be surprised if he tries to step things up next time...

If you like him... A little encouragement now and then goes a long way for a guy
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

I’m following this saga... with high hopes for your happiness 😎
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Soooo it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, looks like a duck... but it's not a duck?

But does she weigh the same as a duck?
    jr7gixx8z3qb.png

He likes you so you need to either encourage his advances or play shy.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, since this is the relationship advice thread I have a question

I sent a female acquaintance a video of my dog chewing on a plastic bottle this morning to which she responded “my dog is cuter”

Do you think this means I can’t smash?

Could have been a typo and she meant to just type "cute" and not "cuter". You'll have to wait this one out awhile longer.