Is this guy just super friendly or is he asking me out?

Options

Replies

• breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    breefoshee wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    so which guy is NEXT on your check list?

Tell us about him!

I have this guy.... he accidentally made eye contact with me once.... When I stared back into his eyes.... he acted like he woke from up from a trance. Then he said the most *possibly* romantic thing... "Oh sorry, I spaced out." Then he quickly walked away.

Does that mean he was so enamored with me that he was daydreaming of our future children... or was he actuallly spaced out? Did he run away quickly because he was so afraid of his love for me that he couldn't handle it? HALP guys!

Spaced out. I do that too, lol.

RIGHT?! "spaced out" pffft. He might as well put a ring on my finger with lines like that.

What's funny to me is that your obvious sarcasm here doesn't sound much different than your original sincere question. You're good at sarcasm!

The signals were actually unclear though. Even you thought he was 100% interested....but nope. He's just a friendly guy.

Oh yeah.. and who's being sarcastic? This second guy is definitely in love with me!

So was the first guy. You just pushed him away.

I talked to him on the phone the other night for TWO hours and he called at like 9:20 when I was ready for bed... how is that pushing him away? If he were interested, he would be like "Hey girl. I like you."
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I just read this whole thread. Not very carefully though. It reminds me of my sister making me watch a movie about He’s not into you or something like that. The idea is that if a man is interested in a woman he will make it clear. Idk if that’s always true but it saves so much angst just going with that. I’m not interested in being the pursuer ever again, so it’s helpful to me

I agree. Guys aren't too *shy* if they really like you.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    I just read this whole thread. Not very carefully though. It reminds me of my sister making me watch a movie about He’s not into you or something like that. The idea is that if a man is interested in a woman he will make it clear. Idk if that’s always true but it saves so much angst just going with that. I’m not interested in being the pursuer ever again, so it’s helpful to me

HI DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS?

✅ YES
    [ ] NO

jets-fan-fist-pump-against-bills.gif
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options

Tell us about him!

I have this guy.... he accidentally made eye contact with me once.... When I stared back into his eyes.... he acted like he woke from up from a trance. Then he said the most *possibly* romantic thing... "Oh sorry, I spaced out." Then he quickly walked away.

Does that mean he was so enamored with me that he was daydreaming of our future children... or was he actuallly spaced out? Did he run away quickly because he was so afraid of his love for me that he couldn't handle it? HALP guys!

RIGHT?! "spaced out" pffft. He might as well put a ring on my finger with lines like that.

What's funny to me is that your obvious sarcasm here doesn't sound much different than your original sincere question. You're good at sarcasm!

The signals were actually unclear though. Even you thought he was 100% interested....but nope. He's just a friendly guy.

Oh yeah.. and who's being sarcastic? This second guy is definitely in love with me!

Well I love you too.
    Can we be "friends?"
  • breefoshee
    Options

Tell us about him!

I talked to him on the phone the other night for TWO hours and he called at like 9:20 when I was ready for bed... how is that pushing him away? If he were interested, he would be like "Hey girl. I like you."

This is still sarcasm right?

I'm just saying... I'm not shutting him down. He wouldn't continue calling if I did. Just because I didn't go to certain events with him doesn't mean I squashed whatever was there. We still hung out other times.

And him calling doesn't automatically equate to him being interested in more than friendship. I talk to many of my friends on a weekly basis.
  • breefoshee
    Options

Tell us about him!

Well I love you too.
    Can we be "friends?"

Are you someone else's husband? Other people's husbands don't make good "friends."
  • breefoshee
    Options

Tell us about him!

I'm just saying... I'm not shutting him down. He wouldn't continue calling if I did. Just because I didn't go to certain events with him doesn't mean I squashed whatever was there. We still hung out other times.

And him calling doesn't automatically equate to him being interested in more than friendship. I talk to many of my friends on a weekly basis.

How many of them are hetero and male?
    :D:D Okay... so none... but there is one other guy who texts me on a regular basis and is just a friend.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Tell us about him!

Well I love you too.
    Can we be "friends?"

Are you someone else's husband? Other people's husbands don't make good "friends."

That's absurd. I am married and I have tons of friends here. If being married means I cannot send unsolicited newdie pics, what kind of a message does that send to children? If being married means I cannot mind the bishop while gazing upon a GMILF, what kind of a future are we leaving for the next generation.

I put it to you, @breefoshee: isn't this an attack on all of humanity?

Well, I don't know about you people, but I am not just going to sit around while this woman badmouths homosapiens!
  • breefoshee
    Options

Tell us about him!

Well no of course not, shutting him down wouldn't keep him in the friend zone or still on the line.

Um. Why am I the one keeping him on the line? Is he not keeping me on the line by continuing to call and not asking me out? I friendzoned him for my own mind's sake. It doesn't look any different than what we were doing before to him. I don't call him "bro" or talk about farts with him.
  • breefoshee
    Options
    Everyone THINKS they're being clear with what they want. Very few people actually are.

Yeah, I mean subtlety and flirting are fun too up to a point.
    Y’know what I’d like? After a little back and forth banter -say a week- I’d like one party to say, “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m flirting with you. I like you. Shall we continue and move forward? Check yes or no.”

YAS! Exactly.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    I knew this was unnatural from the beginning.
  • breefoshee
    Options
    Everyone THINKS they're being clear with what they want. Very few people actually are.

Yeah, I mean subtlety and flirting are fun too up to a point.
    Y’know what I’d like? After a little back and forth banter -say a week- I’d like one party to say, “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m flirting with you. I like you. Shall we continue and move forward? Check yes or no.”

YAS! Exactly.

I suppose technically you/I could be that party.,.

But I don't wannnnna. I feel like it's the guy's job. I know it's 2019... but it's my choice. Just like it's his choice to wait for me to make the move.... and if I don't he's within his right to move on. I prefer a guy who pursues.