Let's Do this! - 2019 Challenge - Be the best you can be!

Options

Replies

• fstopsphotography
    Options
    @loonyhiker thank you so much, that’s very insightful!
  • CardioPaintbrush
    CardioPaintbrush Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge. I need all the support and accountability I can get! I have big goals to reach.
  • BackInSoFL
    BackInSoFL Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    loonyhiker wrote: »
    I’ve been really good with my workout and diet for the past month and a half and noticed my weight didn’t only stay unchanged for a while but actually went up!

I have noticed that I may lose a pound or two and then plateau for about a week. I feel like when my weight moves (either up or down a pound), that I've over that plateau and may lose another pound soon. I read somewhere that when you lose weight, your body reaches a point where it has to reset itself before it can lose more weight.

Oh, my that sounds so familiar. I have not lost weight in 10 days. I think my problem is sloppy measuring. I am going to weigh food portions and see if I can get back on track. I am not sure if it plateau, It's only been since Thanksgiving, I am not sure if my body "adapted" to the new lower calories. I am also going to try and intensify my walking with some intervals of "fast walking". I am just not a runner. I am making some soup today, chicken broth and some kind of vegetables and beans. Maybe chicken chili.
    Have a great week.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    I have been alcohol free in January and very happy with my choice! I am a bit surprised as Monday’s are my weigh in days. I know it’s just a number; however, my scale did not go down from last week. I have cut out alcohol, eating healthy (no cheating) and working out! I think my body may be in shock with no alcohol. I am drinking a lot of water and hot tea. I am a bit disappointed; however, I feel the best I have for a really long time and that out weighs the scale!! I know I am doing all the right things. It took me awhile to put on my additional 14lbs over the years and it will take time and not a week to take off. Best to all! Happy Monday!
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well, I was wrong. I was still feeling overly tired from yesterday’s lack of sleep, so this morning I did a nice easy walk. It really felt good to give my body a break from the running.

Year-End Closing is complete at my office, but now we are starting our 2018 Financial Audit. That will consume a lot of my time over the next couple of weeks, but I don’t expect to have to work late very often.

@mynacha73 - That is awesome news. Yes, follow your doctors recommendations, even if you can only do a little right now that is better than nothing. It is also awesome that you did your meal prep for the week. I find that when I prep my meals for the week I am a lot more likely to stick to my diet.

@KeriA - don’t get discouraged about no weight loss. A lot of times your body is adjusting to changes you are making. Just keep up with your workouts and continue to watch your diet and the weight loss will eventually catch up.

@loonyhiker - I weigh myself daily and from one day to the next or even from before and after my workout I can lose or gain up to a pound. I tend to look at the weekly average, instead of the day to day, to determine if I am on a steady decline.

@CardioPaintbrush - Welcome to the challenge. Let us know what your goals are for this year

@BackinSoFl - Depending on what your current level of exercise is and how long you have been doing that same workout you may need to evaluate and make a change. Intensifying with intervals of faster walking sounds like a great plan.

@Fitness327wk - It is very possible that your body is in shock. If you have eliminated alcohol, started eating health and started working out all at the same time, your body could be confused. Give it some time to figure out what you are doing.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @msarobix Hope you sleep fantastic night! I use to be a financial analyst and understand YE closing! Wishing a smooth 2018 audit!
  • loonyhiker
    loonyhiker Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @msarobix When I'm not on a trip, I weigh every day. I was terrible yesterday and overate junk food. We had a milkshake which was 100 g of sugar! I'm trying to stick to only 24. But we also walked almost 8 miles. Oh well, today I can start anew. Hopefully, I will do better today.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in. Where do we log the results of the challenge?
  • BackInSoFL
    BackInSoFL Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @msarobix Hope you sleep fantastic night! I use to be a financial analyst and understand YE closing! Wishing a smooth 2018 audit!

I was an analyst too! I don't miss audits or year end at all. Good luck @msarobix.
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    Lately, I've been having pain in my left heel. I can still walk but it is killing me. I don't know if I bruised it or something else. When I looked it up online, it suggested that I do flex exercises to help it and it has. When I'm sitting, I'm flexing my foot and stretching out that tendon so maybe it has to do with that.
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    count me in.. i too have similar goals for 2019

I hv goal of getting rid of 55lbs in 6- 8 months.. i am following 1500 calorie intake with average 350 calories burning through running
  • Smilely3
    Smilely3 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @ loonyhiker pray your knee heals soon.@ camanishmittal welcome to the group.

Not a good start to my week. I'm starting to realize I need to take a more holistic approach to my health. I haven't exercise yet this week. I have been emotional eating unhealthy foods as a result of stress. Every day is a new day to start over. I will be exercising this morning and becoming more disciplined with my eating habits. Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy snacks?
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    @Smiley My Naturally Slim program doesn't encourage snacking but calls things "hunger savers" to get you to meal time without being starving. I know a teaspoon of peanut butter helps me. They also suggest a handful of almonds, edamame, and popcorn.
  • Boxer1995
    Boxer1995 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    great topic, my goal is to get my body fat down to 10% while increasing my lifts. 2019 is definitely going to be the best year!
  • CardioPaintbrush
    CardioPaintbrush Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. So this has been my week: Monday, I did a Fitness Blender upper body strength training video, and then Tuesday, I ran/walked 3 miles. Today I did a Fitness Blender squats and deadlifts workout. Tomorrow I plan to run 3 miles in intervals again. Friday I think I will do some abs or pilates, Saturday will be another run, and Sunday is a rest day. I may cut back on the lifting next week, I love it but i'm hurting.
  • msarobix
    msarobix Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I didn’t check in last night. I was having one of those nights where I just wanted to chill for a bit and reflect on the day.

@fitness327wk - thanks, today was a crazy day. Mid-month invoicing went totally awry, and I had to stop everything in order to help them fix the problem. I was so ready to leave the office today, but thankfully everything was fixed and all the invoices were completed.

@loonyhiker - One day with a little splurge is still REALLY GREAT, especially with the fact that you walked almost 8 miles. you probably burned off all those calories with your exercise. Nice Job!

@aaliceinw - Welcome to the group. We will be doing some challenges in the coming weeks and months. Right now we are just getting our tracking spreadsheets started. We will be competing against ourselves since we are all at different fitness levels. You decide what you want to track, steps, workout minutes, calories burned, eaten, etc. Then once we have a few weeks as a baseline we will start challenging ourselves to make improvements.

@BackInSoFL - Yeah, audits are not very fun, but we have been preparing for the last couple of months and we hope it will go somewhat smoothly. Only time will tell.

@loonyhiker - I have heard of this problem with the feet, and heel. In fact sometimes first thing in the morning my feet and heels hurt when I walk, but by the time I am dressed and have my shoes on everything settles down. Definitely do some stretching, and maybe back off on the mileage for a couple of days. Or maybe you can find some heel supports that will help to elevate the pain.

@camanishmittal - Welcome to the group. What is your current weight? The reason I ask is because 1500 calories is quite low for a man. You might be able to sustain it for a few months, but eventually your body might revoke and start storing extra calories. This could make your weight loss plateau. I currently weigh 170, and I wouldn’t even consider eating less than 1800-2000 calories a day. Plus, as a man your metabolism is different from a woman’s and more than likely you could eat the same as me and still lost a lot more weight then I will even if I burn more calories during exercise than you do. Give it some thought. I hate to see you set yourself up for failure.

@Smilely - Sorry to hear that this week hasn’t been your best. We have all been there, but the fact that you are still trying is proof that you will get back on track. Typically I have a hard time with snacks, food and diet is more of a mental game for me rather than a tastebuds thing. Lately the snacks that I have been having are Almonds, greek yogurt, celery & carrot sticks.

@loonyhiker - I keep meaning to look up the Naturally Slim program that you have spoke about. Was this a book you read or an article online?

@Boxer1995 - Welcome to the group. I look forward to hearing about your weight training efforts. I use to lift, but as I have gotten older I really hate it. I do need to get back to some HIIT training just to build up the muscle that I have lost from not working out.

@CardioPaintbrush - Way to Go! That sounds like an amazing workout week.
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    @msarobix No, it was actually a program recommended and paid for by my health insurance. We had to apply and if accepted, it was paid for. We are now in week 17 of the program (which is all online). https://www.naturallyslim.com/
  • StacySunshine8
    StacySunshine8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    loonyhiker wrote: »
    @msarobix No, it was actually a program recommended and paid for by my health insurance. We had to apply and if accepted, it was paid for. We are now in week 17 of the program (which is all online). https://www.naturallyslim.com/

I just started my first week of naturally slim. Job paid for it, I might as well us it. Im learning to enjoy what I eat instead of just stuffing my face.
  • loonyhiker
    Options
    @StacySunshine8 It has really worked for hubby and myself. We are on vacation now and still using the principles to eat and we are happy with the results. We didn't have a fast major weight loss though and we hope that this will keep us from regaining it. So far we both have lost about 8 lbs.
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    msarobix wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Sorry I didn’t check in last night. I was having one of those nights where I just wanted to chill for a bit and reflect on the day.

@fitness327wk - thanks, today was a crazy day. Mid-month invoicing went totally awry, and I had to stop everything in order to help them fix the problem. I was so ready to leave the office today, but thankfully everything was fixed and all the invoices were completed.

@loonyhiker - One day with a little splurge is still REALLY GREAT, especially with the fact that you walked almost 8 miles. you probably burned off all those calories with your exercise. Nice Job!

@aaliceinw - Welcome to the group. We will be doing some challenges in the coming weeks and months. Right now we are just getting our tracking spreadsheets started. We will be competing against ourselves since we are all at different fitness levels. You decide what you want to track, steps, workout minutes, calories burned, eaten, etc. Then once we have a few weeks as a baseline we will start challenging ourselves to make improvements.

@BackInSoFL - Yeah, audits are not very fun, but we have been preparing for the last couple of months and we hope it will go somewhat smoothly. Only time will tell.

@loonyhiker - I have heard of this problem with the feet, and heel. In fact sometimes first thing in the morning my feet and heels hurt when I walk, but by the time I am dressed and have my shoes on everything settles down. Definitely do some stretching, and maybe back off on the mileage for a couple of days. Or maybe you can find some heel supports that will help to elevate the pain.

@camanishmittal - Welcome to the group. What is your current weight? The reason I ask is because 1500 calories is quite low for a man. You might be able to sustain it for a few months, but eventually your body might revoke and start storing extra calories. This could make your weight loss plateau. I currently weigh 170, and I wouldn’t even consider eating less than 1800-2000 calories a day. Plus, as a man your metabolism is different from a woman’s and more than likely you could eat the same as me and still lost a lot more weight then I will even if I burn more calories during exercise than you do. Give it some thought. I hate to see you set yourself up for failure.

@Smilely - Sorry to hear that this week hasn’t been your best. We have all been there, but the fact that you are still trying is proof that you will get back on track. Typically I have a hard time with snacks, food and diet is more of a mental game for me rather than a tastebuds thing. Lately the snacks that I have been having are Almonds, greek yogurt, celery & carrot sticks.

@loonyhiker - I keep meaning to look up the Naturally Slim program that you have spoke about. Was this a book you read or an article online?

@Boxer1995 - Welcome to the group. I look forward to hearing about your weight training efforts. I use to lift, but as I have gotten older I really hate it. I do need to get back to some HIIT training just to build up the muscle that I have lost from not working out.

@CardioPaintbrush - Way to Go! That sounds like an amazing workout week.

Hey 1500 is suggested by mfp.. my current at is 214 lbs.. I wanna 160 ..