Options
    Week 1: 3.3 miles
    Week 2: 6.0 miles

January 15th: 13/25 miles
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Azercord wrote: »
    Still on track to hit my stretch goal by the end of the month. I should have a bit over 65 miles by the end of the day.

65 miles today! DANG! :lol:

Go big while you go home?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @girlinahat I love the photos and am a bit envious! I agree with you that a damp cold feels colder than a dry cold. I think I read someone here saying the opposite a couple of days ago though.

@ddmom0811 are you going on one of those cruise ships with a track on the upper level? If so I want to see the run on Strava to see the ovals shifting as the ship steams ahead.

That was me. I can say from my experience 40 in Phoenix feels more like Wisconsin 50 than WI 40. I wouldn't say Wisconsin is damp but tends to have more humidity (or maybe its dew point I don't know) than Phoenix.

And you know your from Wisconsin if you say "ope sorry" when someone else runs into you. 😂

i have no idea what you are talking about *shifty eyes*
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @girlinahat I love the photos and am a bit envious! I agree with you that a damp cold feels colder than a dry cold. I think I read someone here saying the opposite a couple of days ago though.

@ddmom0811 are you going on one of those cruise ships with a track on the upper level? If so I want to see the run on Strava to see the ovals shifting as the ship steams ahead.

That was me. I can say from my experience 40 in Phoenix feels more like Wisconsin 50 than WI 40. I wouldn't say Wisconsin is damp but tends to have more humidity (or maybe its dew point I don't know) than Phoenix.

And you know your from Wisconsin if you say "ope sorry" when someone else runs into you. 😂

That was my real initial reaction when I read about the "ope" phenomenon and then I heard myself saying it ALL THE TIME! (and I haven't lived in WI for almost 13 years)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »

That was my real initial reaction when I read about the "ope" phenomenon and then I heard myself saying it ALL THE TIME! (and I haven't lived in WI for almost 13 years)

... I just read this today, then almost ran into someone in a doorway. "Ope! Excuse me!"
    I haven't lived in WI for 40 years.

You can take us out of WI but you can't take the WI out of us apparently 😂
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    zeesparrow wrote: »

... I just read this today, then almost ran into someone in a doorway. "Ope! Excuse me!"
    I haven't lived in WI for 40 years.

I'll keep that in mind. *stares longingly at PNW*
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I'll keep that in mind. *stares longingly at PNW*

Haha no doubt.

I love it here in the PNW! :smile: