January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    congrats to @RunsOnEspresso , @rheddmobile , @louubelle16, @mbaker566 and @scott6255! I enjoyed reading all of your race reports! I'm sure I missed someone in there so if you raced this weekend congrats to you too!

👏👏 I second that!! I love reading all the race details!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Ladies who have used the Decathalon stuff (thanks @pastorvincent i think). They are in Australia and post to NZ (woo hoo). Those who have used the running pants, how do you find them? I see they mostly have draw strings and I HATE them usually cause I find they fit too loose around the waist unless I use the drawstring, and then they cut in cause I need to do them fairly firmly to get them to stay up. How do you find that aspect of things?
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ladies who have used the Decathalon stuff (thanks @pastorvincent i think). They are in Australia and post to NZ (woo hoo). Those who have used the running pants, how do you find them? I see they mostly have draw strings and I HATE them usually cause I find they fit too loose around the waist unless I use the drawstring, and then they cut in cause I need to do them fairly firmly to get them to stay up. How do you find that aspect of things?
    @Avidkeo The one where I posted the link earlier, with the pockets :heart: , don't have a draw string.
    I just looked, they have them in Australia too, although only in one color it seems. I have the same ones in 3/4 length too, also with many pockets and no drawstring. I think those are from their "trail running" line. I also have some of the "road running" pants, they have less pockets and drawstrings. Although with a very wide elastic waistband, so that I usually don't use the drawstring at all, since they stay in place without.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I ordered a pair of these and will report back on the drawstring situation. I'm hoping that like @_nikkiwolf_ mentioned the wide waistband makes the drawstring unnecessary. I do love me a wide waistband.

Elise4270 wrote: »
    Day two point five of being sick and I think I'll be up for getting back to my normal routine tomorrow, if I take it easy. So, you know, up at 6 to walk the dog, do my best to bill eight hours with a mid-day break for strength class followed by a 15-20 minute run home (should be sunny around 20, fingers crossed), then heading to St. Paul for a fundraiser with my husband at the home of one of the named partners of my law firm. NO BIG DEAL! And I am genuinely looking forward to all of this and hoping my energy levels keep coming back. Okay, maybe not the fund raiser all that much, but it'll be good for us to go - my husband does political work and got me my job through his connection with said named partner, who personally invited us to this event so we really do need to go.

Anyhow, I posted on Facebook how bummed I was that I missed running in the snow this afternoon, which is really bonkers but also totally true. I'm trying to be good and rest, though. Generally I find aggressive rest early in to be the best way to kill a cold quickly. This has been a weird one - around Sunday mid-day it felt like all of my energy had been sucked out of me and my brain was a big pot of three-day-old mush most of yesterday. The brain weasels were out in force yesterday, though of course when my husband asked what they'd been saying, I couldn't really identify anything specific. Just general "you stink you lazy stinker and your life stinks" messages. All pretty clearly untrue.

I haven't been sick much the last couple of years so I have no idea if I'm actually on the upswing or not - it feels like I'm getting off pretty easy here since I haven't had any congestion or such, just tired and achy and brain fog. I guess if nothing else I can count this as a taper before the race on Saturday? I've certainly been carbo-loading - I can't eat at a deficit when I'm sick. Or, to be precise, I find it very difficult and generally choose not to bother.

It sounds like if you had to be sick, the timing is good. With the taper, you know.

What’s with the brain weasels? My daughter had “crabbies” that were rogue grumps that she stepped on and they’d attached themselves to her and, well they made her crabby. Sometimes they make her have the “dead fish fits” and she’d flop about. I had to tickle her until one or more (depending on the severity of her mood) died and she farted it out. Worked every time. Maybe your dh needs to tickle you til you toot? I’m not sure what you do with brain weasels. Anyone? I think they are just pent up because they aren’t running. 😝

Hahaha, you crack me up. I think my brain weasels might be related to your daughter's crabbies. I'm not ticklish, but my husband's pretty good at telling the weasels to shut up and go away.