Accountability-Daily Support/motivation group

Options

Replies

• flump50
    flump50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always find it hard when I come home from work and I'm starving, tired and fed up! I was tempted to eat anything in the cupboard but am waiting for a jacket potato now after looking at my belly lol! That's why I need daily motivation!!!
  • jaderoatch1127
    jaderoatch1127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is jade I'm 30 years old and I'm a mom of 3 kids between 7-11 I also have 5 cats and 2 dogs my highest weight was 210 area my current weight as of this morning was 180 and my goal is 150
  • riley2eat
    riley2eat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    flump50 wrote: »
    I always find it hard when I come home from work and I'm starving, tired and fed up! I was tempted to eat anything in the cupboard but am waiting for a jacket potato now after looking at my belly lol! That's why I need daily motivation!!!

You must not be from the states lol "jacket potato"! I have this issue too, I try to get a good amount of easy veggies and fruit and maybe some healthy precooked chicken or tuna or some such, that way when i'm too exhausted after work I can just throw the chicken in a bowl and add some pico or guac in with it and some dark greens and boom foods lol.
  • hunterashleyk5426
    Options
    riley2eat wrote: »

You must not be from the states lol "jacket potato"! I have this issue too, I try to get a good amount of easy veggies and fruit and maybe some healthy precooked chicken or tuna or some such, that way when i'm too exhausted after work I can just throw the chicken in a bowl and add some pico or guac in with it and some dark greens and boom foods lol.

Yes! Last night and today for lunch, my meal was literally a hamburger patty and some salsa slabbed on top with a leftover noodle side and fruit. It tastes gourmet, but nowhere near as time consuming, haha! Put a little sprig of parlsley or cilantro on the side of the plate to “decorate” and you will feel like royalty! 😉

• DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46, and have 90 pounds to lose. I need all the help I can get! Can I hop into this thread?? Pretty please? :)

Starting weight: 215
    Goal: 125-135

• bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to join in! I'm a mom to little ones and have lost 25lb so far with mfp, looking to lose the last 10!

CW:130
    GW: 120ish

I am very good about drinking water but it is harder for me to not munch during the day 😉 one of my mini goals for fitness is to increase my steps from the 8,000 range to the 10,000 range!
  • flump50
    flump50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    riley2eat wrote: »

Yes! Last night and today for lunch, my meal was literally a hamburger patty and some salsa slabbed on top with a leftover noodle side and fruit. It tastes gourmet, but nowhere near as time consuming, haha! Put a little sprig of parlsley or cilantro on the side of the plate to “decorate” and you will feel like royalty! 😉

Yep I'm from the other side of the pond, the UK!! I've made it a new years resolution to try and eat vegetables every day. I have to cook for the family, so trying to adapt what I cook. I just am normally starving when I get home so very hard not to pick!
  • Nechamah1
    Nechamah1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, and wanting to take charge of my health while I still have the opportunity. I gave up drinking alcohol 2+ yrs ago, and lost 20lbs, but I want to lose another 25. I'd rather be at the lower end of the "healthy for my height and age" weight range, lol. I also want to beat the traps that sneak up on people like osteoporosis, high BP and cholesterol - all of which are controllable/avoidable with diet and exercise until one day they aren't.
    CW: 156
    GW: 125
  • timetodothis19
    timetodothis19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So far today I have drank 55oz of water. My husband and I are going to the gym tonight. We were supposed to try yoga last night but I worked way too late. I hate excuses but it was really not my night to do anything. Today is a new day though. Excited to see some more of you joining. Excited to take the journey with everyone.
  • timetodothis19
    timetodothis19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 of 30 day yoga journey via Yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Completed this journey last year and LOVED it. My trusty tubby sidekick, Kung Pow Kitty by my side. utdkr476yo6n.jpg

I have been wanting to try yoga at home on my non gym days. Would you recommend this yoga YouTube show for a beginner???

Absolutely! She's awesome. In the beginning, if not familiar with yoga lingo, you'll find yourself stopping and looking at the screen to see what she's doing but you'll pick it up quickly. Pause video as needed but the poses get repeated so you'll get the hang of it. She's great about giving optional adjusted, easier poses to try.

Really enjoyed yoga with Adrienne and I am definitely a beginner but excited to learn stretch and get healthy! Thank you for the recommendation
  • tinafaye13
    tinafaye13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and trying to get back on track. In 2013 I weighed around 125. I had lost around 50 lbs or so after a divorce. Kept it off for 2 yrs! Now I'm off and on the wagon all the time. Trying to get it off for good this time 😁

CW: 170
    GW: 135
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Today felt exhausting. I didn’t get great sleep last night. But I got in my workout this morning. My mom was visiting today and I went with her to lunch and I’m not sure how many calories it was as they didn’t list that info anywhere. But I ordered a turkey sandwich and left at least half the fries uneaten so I think I did okay.
  • wildmamatiger
    wildmamatiger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing so far?
  • court2882
    court2882 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and really want to lose the stress weight. I have a 4 and a half year old daughter and a desk job which makes losing weight super difficult. I got down pretty far last year, but I stress eat too, so that is so frustrating.

CW: Confirming tomorrow morning but around 190lbs.
    GW: 150

My goal is to start on Monday, but since you have a Sunday goal start, that makes sense to me. Looking forward to it.
  • echoroyal79
    echoroyal79 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @court2882 welcome. Desk jobs can be difficult because you are force to be stagnant. Do you have a fun workout to get you motivated after work? Get your grove on girl

@wildmamatiger welcome. Doing good how about yourself?

@Running2Fit you seem to be doing pretty good considering all you had going on my dear. Sony doubt yourself. You keep me motivated. I have not been feeling well either. On the bicycle now. Woo hoo👍❤