JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys I am totally with you on being able to scarf down a huge portion of leftovers. I mean if I eat a normal portion, there is just "a little" left. I don't want to throw it out and it's silly to put it back. So I just finish it off. That is definitely a pitfall for me. I have gotten better though. If there isn't enough for everybody to have a meal the next evening (not that we always eat it), I portion out lunches for hubby and/or I out of the leftovers. If it doesn't fit in my small containers, I do actually toss it. Again I don't always manage this, but at least 50% of the time I avoid an obstacle.

On an excellent note, My weigh in went well. Although I started the week (Thursday evening- Sunday morning) rather poorly, my dedication the last part of the week paid off. I lost 2.4lbs. It's probably more like 1.5lbs as that is what my scale at home read yesterday, but I'll take the happy fluctuation. So far I've lost 10.3lbs. I feel really good about this, but I think I need to watch my calories a little closer and eat back some of my exercise calories. It's very easy for my to get too strict and edge toward unhealthy. I guess it's the down side of being an all or nothing girl.

This site helps me not eat too much, but I also use it to make sure I eat enough. Sounds kind of crazy, but it is often easier for me to not eat than it is to eat in moderation. It's also easier for me to overeat than it is to eat in moderation. Having a calorie goal and aiming for net zero keeps both in check. I can't bring myself to eat back all of my exercise calories because it seems like to much. I think I'll try 50%.

How do you guys handle exercise calories and how does it impact your weight loss?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys I am totally with you on being able to scarf down a huge portion of leftovers. I mean if I eat a normal portion, there is just "a little" left. I don't want to throw it out and it's silly to put it back. So I just finish it off. That is definitely a pitfall for me. I have gotten better though. If there isn't enough for everybody to have a meal the next evening (not that we always eat it), I portion out lunches for hubby and/or I out of the leftovers. If it doesn't fit in my small containers, I do actually toss it. Again I don't always manage this, but at least 50% of the time I avoid an obstacle.

IF it's possible to REMEMBER, it helps if I divide up my plate ahead of time and set some aside for leftovers. But my husband made a fish curry and he even mentioned that the recipe made large portions. I ate every bit - even though it was more than I needed. If I'd put it into a container and put it in the fridge ahead of time, I would have been way less tempted to get it out and eat more once I'd finished what I had.
    How do you guys handle exercise calories and how does it impact your weight loss?

I'm within a "healthy" range now, so losing is slow and I just don't have enough time to exercise enough that it matters. For me, exercise is more about fitness than weight loss.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    hfzhy31bsfo6.jpg
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    @Faebert I hope things go well today. I'm not sure of your personal beliefs, but you will be in my prayers.

@mytime6630 I've really made an effort to get outside this last month. I'm not sure if it's the exercise or being outside that helps, but it has definitely made a difference in my outlook. I take meds, but exercise has always been the one thing that boosted my mood more than anything. When I feel better mentally, I do better with my eating and exercise.

It's pretty cold here, but my route has been ice free. It's about 1.5mile loop that I do 2.3 times for a total of ~3.5 miles. I live in West Virginia and the hills are not joke. I try to walk it 2-3 days a week. I wear layers with a fleece coat on top, ear warmers/headband type & gloves though my hands tend to get hot when I exercise so they are on & off. Then I put my headphone on (under my ear warmers), play some tunes and get going. I tend to think walking is only exercise if I walk fast enough or with sufficient effort to raise my heart rate, but I get my calorie count from my Garmin.

Hopefully getting outside can give you a boost..
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Only eat one piece of cake at birthday party
    4. Go to gym
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday February 20 Determined
    2L of water- ๐Ÿ˜• 1.5
    Calories in Green - ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    Walk 1 Mile - ๐Ÿ™‚
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    5 something at bathroom break - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Write in Journal - ๐Ÿ™‚
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - ๐Ÿ˜• I enjoyed the day even with my poor choices!

JFT - Thursday February 21 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I read on FB this morning that one of my 1st cousins passed away. I hate that the way we hear these things now is through fb. There were 33 of us, he is the 4th to leave. I am one of the youngest so lots of this to go I imagine.

Iโ€™ll check in later. My perm is starting.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wed
    1. Drink 3 waters by noon, another 2 before 4 - one with dinner. :)
    2. Log all food >:)
    3. Leftovers for lunch - tuna and crackers for snack >:) OMG I WAS A MONSTER
    4. Cook dinner at home - Pot Roast Soup :)
    5. Fill/Run dishwasher :)
    6. Stretch a bit :)
    7. Load of laundry :)
    8. grateful 365 :)
    9. Bed by 10:00 :)
    10. Weigh in AM :) 185.6 :o:o:o:o I really need to get a hold of myself.

JFT Thurs
    1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Drink 3 waters at work and 3 waters at home
    3. Do 7 minute workout
    4. Bed by 10
    5. Cook dinner at home, chicken pot pie soup?
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Feb 21

Do my daily 60 minute walk DONE
    Do my 30 minute workout tonight
    Log Everything
    Cook soup
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thursday 22 February oops it's the 21st today but at least I remembered it was Thursday! I am struggling to believe tomorrow is Friday though ...

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @faebert I've been thinking about you today and hope you are ok.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back from our mini vacation to see family in Arizona. Actually got back late Tuesday and had yesterday off to get things back into order and get some rest. Was a busy vacation running and visiting everyone in four short days, but I'm more mentally exhausted than physically. I need quiet time to myself, and we were with people 24/7 while we were there. It was really awesome to see everyone though! Had a really nice time and boy could I tell that my husband and I really needed some time away from it all. The weather, which is usually in the 70's this time of year there, was in the 50's every day and even down to 48 degrees one day. Just our luck!!! But hey...it was still 100 degrees warmer there than it was here a few weeks ago! LOL! It was cloudy most of our time there also, so no suntan... On our last day there, my DH and I took off by ourselves in the afternoon and went exploring in the desert and the foothills near the Superstition Moutains. We took a 2 or 3 hour walk down a desert trail. It was so beautiful! Just awesome. We had such a nice time... I can't wait to do it again!

I didn't journal my food or keep track at all while gone. I stayed in the moment, tried to make good decisions and just didn't worry about anything. I did some damage, but not as much as I had thought I did, so that was actually a pleasant surprise. Pathetic huh? :wink:

Today was back to work...a 6:30 a.m. meeting. I'm 11 pages behind, so I'll have to slowly go back and catch up. In the meantime, if there is something you think I should know, please send me a pm and let me know!

My goals for tomorrow will be simple. as I settle in and get serious about taking better care of myself.

Just for Friday | 2/22/2019
    1. Set alarm for 0600 and do NOT hit snooze
    2. Pre-log my breakfast, lunch and snacks
    3. Journal every bite and stay in the GREEN
    4. Eight 8 oz glasses of water
    5. 30 minutes of activity | 7000 steps | 250+ steps each hour 10/12 hours
    6. Mail B-Day cards during lunch hour
    7. Prepare to train new provider on Monday
    8. Gratitude Journal | Joyce | Simple Abundance | start new Blake Pierce mystery

Love you all!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    It's been a long three days, BUT I THANK GOD FOR BRINGING ME THROUGH IT!
    My youngest daughter ran out of meds and began acting out of the ordinary.
    I'M INSERTING A BIG SHOUT OUT OF LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL THE
    MOTHERS AND FATHERS ON THIS THREAD AND ALL OVER THE WORLD.
    KUDOS๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    I saw myself be mom, minister, counselor, nurse, teacher ( KUDOS TO THE TEACHERS AS WELL)
    advocate and I know their was DIVINE INTERVENTION. OMGOODNESS! I thought my labor was
    hard, WHEW! I'm not mentioning these things for pity... Noooo. Don't feel sorry for me. I'm not
    backing down. I'm fighting for myself and my family. It doesn't change me as a mother, the fact that
    my husband has a separate life from us. I believe my children deserve a quality life. Somewhere in
    the midst of the family split, miscarriages, physical issues, my daughter lost her way. I'm
    believing that she along with proper medical help will be delivered and healed.
    This journey is important to me for many reasons, but the main one is I WANT TO LIVE! FULFILL
    MY CALLING IN THIS LIFE! AND PLEASE GOD.

I'm walking, driving, and doing what I can to reach my goal.
    I'm so proud of each of you for keeping your heads up, and for every effort
    you have put towards this journey. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ™Œ Thank you for every try,
    Thank you for every come back, Thank you for being my friends/sisters/brothers!
    Love you.
    Mary
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today a bit of a fail, food-wise. After work yesterday, brushed several inches of fresh snow off my car again, drove 35-41 mph in a 55 zone due to snowy road conditions, and met up with friends/former colleagues for happy hour. Despite my best intentions, I had more than 1 margarita and ate everything on the chicken enchiladas plate, but it was so good! Net calories definitely red.

Today I attended a professional development seminar from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at a venue new to our chapter. I ate my usual winter breakfast before leaving home and abstained completely from the provided refreshments. Tbh, I was busy checking in people as they arrived, greeting lots of members known to me, and meeting newer members. Then lunch: pre-made fresh sandwiches (2 for me, they were small), pasta salad (I didn't take), lettuce salad (I did take), bag of chips (yep) & 1 cookie (of course!). Drank lots of water, thankfully that was provided. But no idea how to log the food, so I'm not going to. Today was also my 2nd rest day of the week... no time for workout in a.m., choir rehearsal in evening, and missed weekly snowshoe hike at work ~ perfect weather for it, too, and sad me.

Kitty and dog have missed me coming home for lunch with hubby this week, and in evenings home later than usual. So now is pet-time. Starting fresh on Friday. Night, all!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm new here <3
    I have a lot of knowledge about health and fitness, but I am terrible at holding myself accountable.
    Hoping this will help keep me focused!
    I'll start small and try to reestablish some good habits and then slowly work my way up <3

These are my goals for tomorrow:
    * Stay in the green
    * Do some sort of aerobic exercise
    * Walk to and from the bus as long as it's not snowing too badly ( approx. 30 minutes each way)
    * Practice my guitar playing for at least 30 minutes
    * Prepare for my friday morning clients

@Samashotgun ... Hi! How's it going with you?
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @frenchfancy2014 ... How are you? Missing you
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Feb 9 Goal: Drink more water and stay away from sweets.

Hi! How are you doing? @badrury7201 ... Hope all is well๐ŸŒน
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @nooie19 ... Hi there! Are you alright? Checking on you๐ŸŒน
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    @slgibbs1987 Hi! Checking on you. Haven't seen you on here. Hope
    All is well๐ŸŒน
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: ยป
    BMcC9 wrote: ยป
    JFT Tuesday Feb 5

Happy (Chinese) New Year, Everyone!!!

I made a milestone this morning - Normal BMI by (Chinese) New Years. Weighed in at EXACTLY 25.00 on a workday!

My next major MFP-type milestone target is "Start Transition to Maintenance before End Of March" (~ 6 pounds from now)

I also only have ~ONE INCH to go in order to do up my wedding dress - so I also have a milestone to Do Up Wedding Dress before 31st Aniversary (April 30) - and keep being able to do it up long after!

JFT (after work Tuesday) Report -
    2 x 10 minutes HIIT (one right after work and one later into the evening) :| Did one ... but also 55 minutes jogging on the mini-trampoline
    Make up for stepping missed last night - so at least 1hr 30 minutes on the mini-trampoline :| 55 minutes jogging on the mini-trampoline - then had to go get groceries.
    Do dishes >:)
    Put away laundry >:)
    Pre-weigh and pre-pack Wed breakfast and lunch B)o:)

Checking on you, hope things are well with you๐ŸŒน
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    but , JFT, Thurs, Feb 21
    1. log my food :)
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. remember when I can be at christmas if I stay and get focused :)
    4. concentrate on water :)
    5. drink water in the evening. :)
    6. eat slowly :)
    7. go outside for a short 15 minute walk. just bundle up! :)

See all those smiley faces!!! Today is going to be my turn-around day, and using all the discipline I could! Our daughter came out last nite .... not doing so well, but at least she did agree to stay overnite. We wrote a long letter to her doctor (her doc appt is next tuesday). That is all I can do ... let the doctor know, and turn it over to God. I am trying to have peace with all this.

So ... I went outside for a nice walk, and my goodness, the fresh air can do wonders to a mind. Just walking alone, and thinking about things.

So I am hoping for another good day tomorrow

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. eat slowly
    4. remember how I want to look at christmas time ... at my goal weight
    5. do not give up
    6. taking daughter out tomorrow evening ... mindful choices if we stop for dessert (which she wants to do). Eat light during the day so I can have something maybe?
    7. go for a short walk before we go out
    8. get to the gym