JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @mytime6630 Im in, every sunday!

Should probs let you know that im taking a week off this week from the food, and the exercise that i already dont do LOL
    But that fits in nicely with Sunday, so ill know what im dealing with going forward

Its a weird feeling, i WANT to do good, i WANT to lose weight, I WANT to exercise, and i know that im the only one who can do it, but i cant/wont?
    So basically i want something, im just not prepared to GET what i want.

Some screwed up logic there LOL

What is that? Laziness? Lack of motivation? Lack of positivity?
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 19th

Log everything YES
    Stay in the green YES :p
    Do something to reinforce my desire to lose weight YES
    Get outside for a walk before it rains YES

Littleblackskirt- do you have a favourite pair of pants or an outfit that is too tight to wear now? That helped me keep up my desire to lose weight to start. Now I want to do it because I feel so much better already, I can’t imagine what I’ll feel like when I get to where I want to be.

Oh yes, you have no idea how many too-small clothes I own lol. The majority are one size too small, and nicer than what I'm wearing now, as they're from the time when I was still dating and going out regularly. I do want to wear them again.
    I put a lot of them in one of the very large laundry bags I use when working. Added a couple of small weights, then weighed the bag. 42 lbs, which is what I want to lose. Seriously, that bag is SO heavy, I can hardly lift it off the floor! Yet I'm walking around with that weight on my body every day. I regularly lift the bag up just to remind myself.
    I also looked at some old photos of a much slimmer me to encourage myself.

JFT Wednesday 20th

Log everything
    Stay in the green (having family for dinner, is my willpower strong enough to not have dessert?)
    Clean up the house
    Visit parents and do their shopping
    Dye my hair. Cheer up the colour for spring

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 , I expect lots of us have felt like that, I know I have. I don't know the answer. I think for me I just want the comfort and enjoyment of the food right now, more than I want the slim body somewhere later down the line. And when I say that, I mean wanting just normal meals, I'm not talking about any major overeating.

It's a long haul losing weight, we all know it doesn't happen overnight. I can cut out the snack foods like chocolate reasonably easily, it's the smaller meals that get to me. The meals I enjoy are influenced by the meals I was given growing up. I find it difficult to learn how to make more modern slimming meals.

When we deliberately sabotage our efforts I think we just don't want it enough at that moment. To keep going on a diet we have to really really want it. Sometimes there are other events going on in our lives that mean dieting is not the top of our list. You're moving house soon aren't you? That's time consuming and hard work. It's understandable that food might not be top of your list.
    As long as we keep coming back to it when we can, that's the best we can do.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Faebert and @bookmeister86 Thank you so much for your tips! I really appreciate them. This weekend I'm going to try batch cooking some meals. My main problem with that is that I don't have an oven. But I do have a crock pot so over the next few days I am going to try to double some meals. And I'm going to start giving myself credit. I did that last night when I updated my goals from yesterday. I tried to add little encouraging "Go me" at the end of them. Lol. It really means a lot that you guys spent so much time giving me tips!

@Bex953172 and @mytime6630 I'm in for a Sunday check in! I'm going to try to spend more time getting online in the morning. I really really like this group. I mean I've been a part of it for 2 years(Holy Crow...has it been that long? Lol) And I know that a lot of my success comes from the connections and support I've found here. So yes! I will definitely do a Sunday check in!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    So yesterday I got up at 430 because I couldn't sleep and today it was 5:15. I don't know what is wrong with me but I am kind of liking this. My friend from Seattle was asleep when I woke up so I didn't have her to keep me company but I did have a big cup of coffee and a very warm kitty. Lol.

It's supposed to sleet/snow/freezing rain today. The kids have off from school and the governor has called for a state of emergency....but of course, we will have to go into work...oh joy. My boss is a jerk and keeps us open until there's like a foot of snow on the ground. I really wanted to go to the gym after work AND Matt closes his store tonight so he won't get out of work until 9:45 at the earliest...Blah. I'm not excited for the ride home. Lol.

Oh and to top it all off! My cycle came a few days early this week. Which might also explain the random desires for large amounts of sugar last week. Lol. I was fine yesterday without so much of it yesterday after it started. Although our dinner had honey in it so that may have satisfied most of the cravings. Lol.

We finally had a deposit come into our account about a half an hour ago so I can finally go food shopping but I guess it's going to have to wait a few days until this storm is over and done with because the stores will be a madhouse. I really need to pick up some things though. We are running low on A Lot of snacky type things. And ground turkey. Lol. I make a lot of things with ground turkey but we've been out for about a week. So that I definitely need to stock up on. I've heard that you can cook that ahead of time and then freeze it. Does anyone know if that is true? I would love to be able to do that! Can you do it with chicken too?

Okay! Enough ramblings! Lol
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good morning!

@HEGoddard0928 Yes, it should be fine to cook then freeze the ground turkey. I love freezers.. Lol 😂😂

I almost accomplished everything on my list yesterday, I even went into the bedroom and looked at the laundry but then actively said NOPE. I think it's because after my workout and everything was done it was almost 8 p.m. and I just wanted to eat dinner and relax. Oh well, today is a rest day so I will have more time to put it away and no excuse not to LOL.

Yesterday 2/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Put away ONE of the loads of laundry😞

JFT 2/20:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Buy dinner for tomorrow
    5. Put way BOTH loads of laundry
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea!
    2. Grade homework assignments and enter grades. Grocery shopping.
    3. Take book to library and pick up hold. Yoga 11:00. Run to 5k steps.
    4. Prep and portion chicken. Prep cheese. Chop celery.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Check on hotels for the drive down to Port Canaveral.
    7. Zumba 5:30. Comment on 2 blogs. Type key for one Burke article.
    8. Gratitude journal. Read 10 pages of Capital.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car. Pack tea!
    2. Before school: Update class websites for Thursday. Review lesson plans.
    3. Meeting. Take notes. Grade homeworks and enter grades.
    4. After lunch: Review Week 7-8 plans / Unit 3 plans and PRINT. Enter freshman essays.
    5. Find and print sample essays. Create improvement essays for practice. Tea party!
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength class 4:30. Read 10 pages of Capital. Comment on 2 blogs. Prep cheese.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post. Type key for one Burke article.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 190.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

Well, my weight increase is holding steady today. We'll see if it drops over the week. *sigh*

Edited to add: Also, I'm SO tired of rain. :P
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Tuesday
    * Be at the gym by 4:30. 30min of cardio. ~30 min of upper body. ~20min of core. 10min on the bike to cool down. :| Got a little queasy when lifting and had to skip core. Probably lack of sleep.
    * 1 bottle of water on the way to the gym. 1 bottle of water at the gym. :)
    * Work between 7:30 & 8:00. :) Actually got there at 6:15am
    * Protein bar for breakfast :) and 2 tangerines
    * 1L of water before I can have a diet soda. :)
    * protein bar/fruit for lunch. :| went with an apple
    * Walk at lunch as long as there is no precipitation to frizz my hair. :| short walk to visit a friend on the other side of the plant. About 3/4 mile round trip.
    * Leave work by 4:30 or 5:00. :smiley: Left at 3:00 since I came in early. I love flex time!
    * Go for a hike up & down the hills. :smiley: 3.5 miles 178m of climb.
    * Fix ginger chicken for dinner. :( I was so tired we ended up with turkey dogs, salad & beans.
    * In bed by 10:00pm :) In bed by 10:10, but took a while to get to sleep.

Y’all keep it real and make yourselves proud!

JFT Wednesday
    * Up at 4:00 head to the gym. :( I was just too darn tired.
    * One bottle of water there one bottle of water while there. :( Didn't go to the gym, didn't drink water.
    * Work by 8:00. :smiley: 7:45
    * Global conference at 8:45. Don't make an *kitten* of myself.
    * Collect and process results from yesterday's study and determine viability of testing at out facility.
    * Easy lunch: protein bar/fruit.
    * Talk Doc/ Med Doc appointment out of town. Have to leave work early. Not my favorite thing. Okay, I down right dread it.
    * No school today means no Youth Group at church tonight. Do laundry with extra time.
    * Ride the trainer as I missed my morning workout and it will be too dark for my hilly walk. I like having some wiggle room in my day.
    * Dinner... Maybe the ginger chicken I was planning to make yesterday.
    * Homework with the youngest. She is starting to have trouble in algebra. I used to teach algebra and my husband is a chemical engineer, but she gets easily frustrated when working with us. I totally bailed on it yesterday and gave her an online assignment. She said it helped. I was honestly just too tired for anything more.
    * Bed by 11:00. I can stay up a little later and spend time with hubby because Thursday is a rest day and I don't need to get up at 4:00am.

Little victories can have a big impact, take credit for them and build yourself up. I struggle with this, but I'm working on it.

As always, keep it real and make yourselves proud.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    1. Three more waters at work >:)
    2. Eat packed lunch :) / >:) yes, and then some extras...
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Bed by 10:30 :)
    5. Be kind, do grateful 365 >:)
    6. Do 7 minute workout :)
    7. Cook dinner at home - Red lentil dal :)

JFT Wed
    1. Drink 3 waters by noon, another 2 before 4 - one with dinner.
    2. Log all food
    3. Leftovers for lunch - tuna and crackers for snack
    4. Cook dinner at home - Pot Roast Soup
    5. Fill/Run dishwasher
    6. Stretch a bit
    7. Load of laundry
    8. grateful 365
    9. Bed by 10:00
    10. Weigh in AM
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Recap T 2/19
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 49:24 + cool down + stretched = happy me :smiley:
    2) Vote in primary before work = done :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / pace at desk during noon webinar / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 14,595 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 41 floors :smiley:
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ lots of wiggle room (yay) / NO snacking after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Went to bed and net calories were green... middle of night, woke up and needed something to settle my stomach. Net calories -117 :| , sodium -356, sugar -1 (yay), fiber low :( , protein good, 12c water :neutral:
    5) Complete summary w/p's :| formatting from prior year needs lots of fixing... about 1/2 thru / start office summarization :(
    6) Pre-event tasks for Th seminar :# postponed again
    7) Evening: mail middle brother's bday card :smiley: / put away clean dishes :smiley: / fold hubby's work shirts & take upstairs :smiley: / organize last tax docs :p nope / declutter 15 min. :| bits & pieces / prep lunch for W (snowstorm forecast & lunch at work) :smiley: / other to-do's? :smiley: refilled heated birdbath, washed towels & put away... after I accidentally set the delayed start on washer & had to look in manual how to delete setting... the features these newer appliances have are ridiculous! :p
    8) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: (treadmill before work W)

JFT W 2/20 ~ Hit snooze alarm a few too many times...
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) instead of treadmill before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace at desk during two hour webinar / 5 somethings
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks known / joining former colleagues for drinks & dinner at Mexican restaurant ~ not sure what I'll order, but stay away from tortilla chips b/c I can't eat just one / enjoy 1 adult beverage / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete summary w/p's
    5) Pre-event tasks: link survey to event / test survey email & survey reminder email / schedule email blasts / clone new CPE certificate (diff location) & verify hours / link cert to email & test / schedule CPE email blast
    6) Evening: boil eggs / organize tax docs / digital decluttering / other to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (leave early Th a.m. to find parking, go thru building security & handle seminar registration)

Tomorrow I attend a seminar from 8:30 to 4:30 and starting 8:00 I handle check-in / collect payments from attendees. Venue is new location for our group, so I have no idea of refreshments & lunch being provided. Maybe I'll bring my 1 can of diet mtn dew ~ it's my regular source of caffeine since I normally do not drink coffee. Not sure when I can log JFT... maybe update tonight?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday February 19 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 😕
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😕
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😕

JFT - Wednesday February 20 Determined
    2L of water
    Stay in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Going to take lauryn to run some errands today and then I’m bringing them out for supper.

I’ll catch up later today.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Should probs let you know that im taking a week off this week from the food, and the exercise that i already dont do LOL
    But that fits in nicely with Sunday, so ill know what im dealing with going forward

Its a weird feeling, i WANT to do good, i WANT to lose weight, I WANT to exercise, and i know that im the only one who can do it, but i cant/wont?

I think for me, I am just in such a depressed state, that I find I just don't care. But ... I do!! I can't fix our daughter, so I need to get my head back in the game. I think even in the snow ... I need to get outside for walks more just to help me.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I called weight watchers this morning ... thinking maybe I will just join WW. I think I am in a state of depression over my daughter. I read that 70% of people caring for someone with mental illness have depression themselves. Normally I could control it, and find things to keep my mind busy. But somehow, this winter I have been unable to do that. And I am sliding downward myself.

So I get on the p hone with weight watchers. It is $30 a month. The only advantage to that is the meetings. You still get online to log your food. Well.... I have that here. I have the best support system right here. I just have to use it, and stop using my daughter as a reason to eat crap

SO .... here I go again. I can do this! We can all do this. We just have to want it bad enough (and I am at that point!). We have to realize that this is a lifestyle change.That everyday is not going to be perfect, but we don't give up. That it is OK to have pizza without ruining the entire week. That food does not help whatever it is that we cannot control.

SO guys, lets all make this the best! It is almost March 1st. If we can lose just 4 pounds a month ... 1 pound a week ... by Christmas we could be down 40 pounds!! 4 pounds a month ... by July, I could still be at my goal weight, losing 20 pounds.

SO, JFT, Wed, Feb 20
    1. log ALL my food
    2. get outside for a walk. Even if it is freezing cold .... do it anyhow. USE DISCIPLINE
    3. concentrate on water ... even if I don't want to, or don't like water. USE DISCIPLINE
    4. keep my mind distracted, and think the positive. I cannot change someone else. I cannot help my daughter, but I can help myself.
    5. eat slowly, mindfully. Think before I eat
    6. prelog my food ... eat only what I have logged, or substitute it if I have to. But do not add onto it.
    7. keep going. do not give up. 20 pounds could be gone by july.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks known / joining former colleagues for drinks & dinner at Mexican restaurant ~ not sure what I'll order, but stay away from tortilla chips b/c I can't eat just one / enjoy 1 adult beverage / net calories zero / 14c water

@cschmitz110515 what does "net calories zero" mean?
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    It’s snowing outside. This morning has been pretty busy. Probably everyone trying to get in before the storm hits. And now the temperature must have dropped because the roads are getting bad. I have a feeling that the big boss won’t let us leave early because it’s supposed to turn to rain. If I get in an accident driving home because he wouldn’t let us leave I am suing the bank and him. I’m over today. Lol. The roads are getting worse by the minute. I have a huge bay window next to my station and I can see the snow accumulating on them. This is not good. Please pray that we all make it home safe. Matt is supposed to go to work a closing shift today. His car is not good in the snow at all. So hopefully they’ll close his store early so that he doesn’t have to go in. I’m really starting to get worried now.

• mytime6630
    Options
    It’s snowing outside. This morning has been pretty busy. Probably everyone trying to get in before the storm hits. And now the temperature must have dropped because the roads are getting bad. I have a feeling that the big boss won’t let us leave early because it’s supposed to turn to rain. If I get in an accident driving home because he wouldn’t let us leave I am suing the bank and him. I’m over today. Lol. The roads are getting worse by the minute. I have a huge bay window next to my station and I can see the snow accumulating on them. This is not good. Please pray that we all make it home safe. Matt is supposed to go to work a closing shift today. His car is not good in the snow at all. So hopefully they’ll close his store early so that he doesn’t have to go in. I’m really starting to get worried now.

Can you take a personal day, and leave early? Can't believe they are making you stay. We got ice and snow last nite, but today it is melting. Maybe your snow will turn into rain ... are the temps suppose to raise? That is what happened here ... from 7pm last nite till around 2am we got ice and snow .. but then the temps rose, now it is melting. whatever ... be safe!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Can you take a personal day, and leave early? Can't believe they are making you stay. We got ice and snow last nite, but today it is melting. Maybe your snow will turn into rain ... are the temps suppose to raise? That is what happened here ... from 7pm last nite till around 2am we got ice and snow .. but then the temps rose, now it is melting. whatever ... be safe!

I wish I could leave! But my coworker and I are the only two here and we would need a word from our jerkoff big boss. Which probably won't happen. It is supposed to turn to rain and then we'll have a freezing rain/slush kind of commute home. So neither is really optimal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

@cschmitz110515 what does "net calories zero" mean?

I like to eat all my available calories, including exercise and just plain daily activities. Actually, I've read on MFP that that's how net calories was designed to work. Great, because hungry me = cranky me, just ask hubby! So instead of striving for green net calories, I have shifted to have a zero at the end of the day: Calories In = Calories Out. Of course it's never exact, and I don't fret that. My food logging is somewhat loose (I rarely weigh food or measure portions, once I've established some standards for my usual foods), and eating out is always a guesstimate. My "exercise" calories are different on my Fitbit than MFP than treadmill (etc., etc. and none are synched) so I take the MFP numbers as more of a guide.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Every day asking myself this. Looking at the success stories and the before/after photos. And trying to change the thinking /not thinking? when I don't follow through.