Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    JFT, Mon
    1. log all food :)
    2. mindful eating :)
    3. jan challenge = 8+ water :)
    4. feb challenge - 1 nite time snack/ brush teeth/ sip on wter :)
    5. mar challenge --- 15 min outside. Well... I think I will get that in! :) Totally exhausted. 4 cubic yards of compost is a lot of dirt! Worked in the yard from 12:30 until 6pm ... nonstop except for lunch. Now... going to watch tv, and call it a nite, rest up to finish tomorrow!

JFT, TUes
    1. log all food
    2. mindful eating
    3. jan challenge = 8+ water
    4. feb challenge - 1 nite time snack
    5. mar challenge - 15 min outside .. should not be a problem .... hauling more dirt!

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Congrats on the interview going so well! I think sending a thank you either day would be fine.
    @maryrobinson40 Thanks as always for your never-ending motivation bursts! I love how much positive energy you spread!

I just have to say how much I appreciate this group. I can always count on this team for understanding and support when I struggle. I really see I was in a bit of a funk this past weekend. Somehow depression never fully goes away. I'm thankful mine is at the point where there are far more good days than bad, and the days my depression does return it's mild by comparison and shorter lived. I was able to shift some things today and get myself to a better mood. I recognize now I had been a bit disconnected from people and overconnected to screen time. Need to remain mindful of this.
    Sounds like I'm not the only one with analysis paralysis! There must be a cure somewhere...

I had a nice day at work and made a quick marinated chicken with a small red potato with some toppings and steamed veggies for dinner. It was actually pretty tasty :)

JFT (3/18)
    be kind to myself ✅
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups ✅
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅ back on track!
    exercise 30 minutes :( late day
    go to bed between 9-10 :( stayed up a bit late but to be fair I was finishing a good book!
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/19)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    go to bed between 9-10
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    8x3vq8s9enr9.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Good Night Loves💕
    It's been quite a day for each of us. But, now winding down to put those bodies to rest is in
    order. Soundscapes, a spot of Chamomile Tea, my comfy sleepers, my Teddy, and great thoughts
    along with deep breathing for me tonighttonight.
    Until morning... Sweet dreams all.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Good Night Loves💕
    It's been quite a day for each of us. But, now winding down to put those bodies to rest is in
    order. Soundscapes, a spot of Chamomile Tea, my comfy sleepers, my Teddy, and great thoughts
    along with deep breathing for me tonighttonight.
    Until morning... Sweet dreams all.

Good night Mary, sweet dreams to you too

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear the interview went well @snowflake1968! And what a lot of smiley faces @mytime6630 - you’re smashing it!

Had a good day yesterday although am worried I’ve set myself up for failure today. Woken by the cat at 2:20am and didn’t get back to sleep. Imagine I’ll be fighting tiredness all day. And have daughter’s concert at 6:30 tonight so dinner will be late. Trying to work out a good plan so that I can manage...

Monday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Take leftover cake ✅ and lunchtime shake ❎ (no room!) to work
    - Put away last laundry load ✅
    - Speak to boss re leaving early next week for kid’s concert ❎ she was too busy
    - Print data ✅
    - Safeguarding training ❎ deadline shifted
    - Early night ❎ not early enough!

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Do little one’s face paint for animal charity walk
    - Reply to parent email on arrival
    - Water - avoid tiredness snacking
    - Speak to boss re leaving early next week
    - Home lunchtime for car and shake
    - Parents evening prep after work
    - Large snack before daughter’s concert or home early for quick dinner
    - Concert at 6:30
    - Early night (non-negotiable, long run and parents eve tomorrow!!)

Have a lovely day everyone! X
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options
    3/17/19 Sunday
    *Weigh: 156.6 lbs. Dang! And, I was doing so good. Oh well, that is the thing about daily weigh-ins. You just can't get too upset about it as it does fluctuate during a week for most people... I am still happy about my low weigh in, yesterday, and know that I will get back there, again... and then onwards to lower.
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water :)
    *Stay in Green :)
    *Make meal plans for the next week thru next Tuesday. :)
    *Find way to work in exercise consistently :(
    *Be in bed by midnight :(

3/18/19 Mon.
    *Weigh: 155.6 lbs.
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water :) drank 5
    *Stay in Green :)
    *Be in bed by midnight :(

JFT 3/19/19 Tues.
    *Weigh:
    *Minimum 4 8 oz glasses of water
    *Stay in Green
    *Be in bed by midnight
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Options
    Well I found the dress and ended up buying it today. It wasn’t at a bridal shop so no ordering in. It was the first one I tried on. I tried a few more but had to come back for this. It was $50.00 off today too.fm5bd1zpoefq.jpeg

You look beautiful! Wonderful dress!!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday March 19

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Workout at home tonight 👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. Meditate 👍

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Get back to the gym after a week off
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
    5. One healthy snack after dinner
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Monday: print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: RESEARCH. Collect progress reports.
    4. Planning: A - Write discussion post. Organize and file papers. B - Call E. Grade late work. C - Input grades. D - Update lesson plans. Poetry for 4th. PRINT (not copy!) Socratic discussion papers. Develop writing prompts for 4th.
    5. Class 4: Socratic Discussion - bonus points if everyone contributes effectively without being pushed. Begin with writing. Collect progress reports.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. PM run - 3 miles. Draft essay. Audition? CLEAN MASTER BATH.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Tuesday - French meeting, writing meeting.

JFT Tuesday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Print Day 2 worksheet for class 1-2.
    3. Class 1-2: Complex sentence worksheet check. Go over Day 2 worksheet. Do Day 2 work for research. Check challenge books. Collect progress reports.
    4. Planning: A - Write discussion comments. Organize and file papers. B - Grade homework and projects. C - Input grades. D - Draft essay. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Enter Socratic grades.
    5. Class 4: Complex sentences, part 2. Figurative language notes (definitions). Frayer models.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Gym immediately after school for run, followed by Bodypump 5:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. French meeting? Writing group?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Exam Wednesday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 188.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Thanks for the encouragement on the auditions, everybody. I didn't go last night (playing catchup with some coursework and an afternoon run instead of the AM one) and I probably won't go tonight, either. Should probably message the stage manager on FB to let her know :( we were in a show together last year. But after I was so stressed and frustrated at MULTIPLE points yesterday that I felt like I was about to cry and/or vomit, I think adding MORE to my plate right now maybe isn't a good idea.

@toaljasa - If your son is at college, you may want to check to see if there's a writing center. Oftentimes some of the graduate students in writing disciplines will work shifts there, conferencing with students about papers. I know it's not the same as getting feedback from the course instructor, but it can be really helpful.
    @Snowflake1968 - Grats on the interview! Crossing my fingers that you get good news :D
    @jeschepp - Glad to hear you're on the upswing. Depression isn't anything to sneeze at.
    @Faebert - Yikes! Hope you can make it through the day and get some rest tonight. Focus on what's most important and let some of the smaller stuff go.
    @bookmeister86 - Bonne chance à ton examen! Ne te faches pas - tu as un peu de temps encore, n'est-ce pas? (Sorry - haven't actually studied French since high school other than some brushing up with Duolingo!)

Good morning everybody! Keep climbing! :D
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm excited today, my husband's boss is having a dinner at a Mexican restaurant and I love eating out lol, now the challenge is to stick to my calories. I can do this!!

Yesterday 3/18:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    3. Stay positive throughout the day😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Do one cleaning "to do" to prep for my cousin's arrival this weekend😞

JFT 3/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal while still having fun at the Mexican restaurant
    2. Go for a walk at lunch if it's not raining
    3. Stay positive throughout the day
    4. Do one cleaning "to do"
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    jvlu96d7kmyy.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I'M AWAKE🙌 😁 👏👏 😨 ... LMBO
    HALLELUJAH! I'M AWAKE!!! WEEEEEEEEEE! LOOK OUT PEOPLE! I JUST MAY HAPPEN ON YOU!

JFT TOUCH A HEART TUESDAY
    I CHALLENGE YOU TO TELL SOMEONE THAT YOU HAVEN'T TOLD IN A WHILE
    THAT YOU LOVE THEM AND YOU CARE. KISS PASSIONATELY YOUR PARTNER AS IF YOU
    JUST MET. HUG YOUR CAT/DOG OR GIVE THEM EXTRA ATTENTION AND LET THEM KNOW
    YOU APPRECIATE THEM BRINGING YOU COMFORT AND THAT THEY'RE NOT A BOTHER,
    BUT AN ADDED BLESSING... ETC. Some suggestions, but you choose according to your life.
    Make it a great day!
    BTW...GO TO A MIRROR AND HUG YOURSELF AND TELL YOURSELF... I LOVE YOU!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters, now! :)
    3. Eat packed lunch by 11:30 :)
    4. Cook dinner at home - tandoori chicken :)
    5. Chem training at 12 >:) this is next week I'm a bird brain
    6. Talk to E :)
    7. Conference call prep :)
    8. Drink an emergenC :)
    9. Bed by 930 :)
    10. Update List for tomorrow morning later today :)
    11. Pick up clothes :)

Jft tues am
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish oil :)
    3. Pack lunch bag :)
    4. Up by 555 :)
    5. Weigh in :) 184.2
    6. Check this list before leaving :)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters now
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Qt with dh
    5. Cook dinner at home - raviolis
    6. Eat afternoon snack
    7. Update this list later
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    WOY: Discipline
    Yesterday, I practiced discipline by not having a snack after 8pm...I was full and was wanting it because "I could."

Small Change/Big Impact
    Threw out white chocolate chips
    Reverted to drinking 8 cups of water
    Reverted to pre-logging
    Reverted back to 1200 calories/day
    No drinking alcohol M-Th
    Added more protein to diet
    Added a daily dose of stretching, even if not exercising

JFT
    Drink 8 cups water/herbal tea (have slurped down 5 so far)
    Pre-log
    Messy in the Middle lesson
    No alcohol
    Stretching
    Exercise
    Floss (March mini goal)

Peace and joy!
    el4nj8zhf1n6.png

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,476 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Recap M 3/18
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 15,530 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 47 floors ~ included dog walk 3.55 mi 1:02:37 after work :smiley:
    2) Leftovers day / prelog / net calories zero / 14c water = Net calories 3 :D , sodium -617, sugar -14, fiber & protein good :smiley: , 14c water (yay)
    3) Update weekly w-i post on JFT = :smile:
    4) Evening: walk dog ~ roads are mostly clear from ice & snow B) happy dog & happy me / refill birdfeeders :) / scrub/refill heated birdbath :) / wash dishes :smiley: / refill shampoo bottle :) / Sunday sales ads :) / other to-do's? nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:15 / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: never turned tv on when I went upstairs = win!

JFT T 3/19
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Walk dog after work
    4) Evening: wash towels (start as soon as I get home) / make mushroom barley soup / boil eggs / put away clean dishes / clean Kitty's bathroom / fold hubby's work shirts / declutter 15 min. / start grocery list/meal plans
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:20

I really like to walk dog before work, but with temps below freezing overnight, the snowmelt is frozen in spots before sunrise at 6:57. Since we walk at 6 a.m., I don't trust that I will see the ice with my headlamp. So for now, I will fit in dog walks after work when it's still daylight and roads are wet instead of icy. Still beats the treadmill. And happy dog.