JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Todays topic: Be kind to yourself

They talked about how we "talk" to ourself. We should treat ourself with understanding and acceptance, not with judgement and criticism. (something I know I am guilty of). We need to recognize that no one is perfect... and we need to stop trying to be perfect all the time. We will have ups and downs, and while you may think you just need tough love to help you focus, but self-criticism can lead us to feel less focused and less confident.
    Treat ourselves like we treat others. Tell ourselves what we tell others. I see so much encouragement on this thread ... we need to be that encourager for ourselves.

This is So IMPORTANT - imagine if someone else spoke to us the way we speak to ourselves... you wouldn’t be friends with them for two seconds!!! So BE KIND TO YOURSELVES. You are all amazing. LOVE YOURSELF FIRST ... it’s important that you realise how important your feelings are so practice self kindness and give yourself a hug from yourself. You all deserve it ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    Options
    So... I don’t know y’all well, but this is a tricky issue that folks around here aren’t ready to share. If you are the praying sort please pray for my dear friends. Their daughter attempted to take her life Friday evening and their lives have been turned upside down. The girl is one of “my kids”, a member of my youth group. Tonight her mom needs to talk and she knows I have some insight into this type of thing. Truth is I have no answers and don’t know what to say. All I can do is love and listen. I hope it’s enough.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    So... I don’t know y’all well, but this is a tricky issue that folks around here aren’t ready to share. If you are the praying sort please pray for my dear friends. Their daughter attempted to take her life Friday evening and their lives have been turned upside down. The girl is one of “my kids”, a member of my youth group. Tonight her mom needs to talk and she knows I have some insight into this type of thing. Truth is I have no answers and don’t know what to say. All I can do is love and listen. I hope it’s enough.

Oh, I am so so sorry. My brother took his life in 2012... and it is something I worry about all the time with my own daughter. I will pray for your friends ... what a hard, tragic thing for them. Losing daughter is hard no matter what, b ut especially like this. You are so right . there really are no words, other than to be there for them to love and listen. Hugs to you, and know you and your friend will be in my prayers. <3
  • mytime6630
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Eugh what a day.
    Last night me and my OH had a really good night, we stayed up til about 3am playing on the PS4 that he got about 4 days ago LOL
    He bought me the latest Lara Croft Tomb Raider game!
    I love it, but we have to play together because when it comes to shooting people i just end up all over the place LOL
    I end up spinning in circles LOL

So today i was pretty tired but i got a big breakfast in me, scrambled egg and salmon on toast. And i got a load of washing in. The rest of the day went terribly, proven by the fact that same load of washing is still in the washer...

Im gonna have to vent it guys.
    So here goes, after the load ofd washing went on i made everyone lunch, this was around 1pm, i had lunch and chilled out with ash for about half an hour.
    I come downstairs to find every goddamn toy strewn across the floor, i was going to go mad but Marley was asleep on the sofa and i wanted to try do the better thing and keep calm.
    So, i spinned it i to a positive and figured this way we could have a sort out of broken, old, unwanted toys ans remove toys that are supposed to be in their bedroom.
    We got their tub neatly filled, all the stacking blocks together, barbies and accessories into another tub and all the larger toys put back together and stored neatly away. And we moved out the cabinets and sofas to make sure we got every toy.

All that was left to do was sweep, and wipe down the table from lunch and pick up rubbish like stray wipes and bits of paper.

By this time it was 4.30? So i put the oven on to preheat. The chicken takes 1hr 30 to cook. And everything else like potatoes and veg can be done within this time too. Chicken went in at 4.45, dinner got served at 7.30, half an hour past their bedtime.
    They were screaming, shouting, crying, and Saskia got sent to her room. And then went in our bedroom shortly after to sit with Ash.
    He then needed a bit of help with his contacts, neither of us could figure out if they were inside out or not.

Come downstairs about 20 mins later.. look in the lounge, toys strewn across the floor, it looked exactly like before. I felt furious yet defeated, even Saskia was upset a bit when she'd seen what Marley had done. So after all these distractions, dinner was completely out of time, the screaming and shouted started again, Casey was inconsolable because she was hungry, saskias asking me a million and one questions.
    In the end i didnt even make myself up a plate, i gave everyone else their dinner, shut the kitchen door, pushed the dryer against it and just burst into tears.

Composed myself and cleaned the *kitten* out the kitchen and then put them straight to bed.
    Then made myself some chips and used the left over chicken.

Theyre back in school tomorrow, i seriously need the break.

Hugs <3 I remember those days ... you feel like you take 2 steps forward and 5 steps backwards. Constant cleaning, no time to yourself. I remember going into the bathroom after they would go to bed and just soak in the tub... light some candles... even some nites a glass of wine. It was the only time you get to yourself. But I also remember after they go to bed ... endless dishes to wash, laundry to do, toys to pick up.
    But ... it will get easier. Maybe the older girls can help a little ... give them little stickers or something as an encouragement to help you pick up the toys. Casey is so little yet though.
    But ... know we are here for you ... whenever you need to vent! Being a mommy is not easy!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options

Be honest with her, tell her you dont have the answers and offer guidance on what maybe you would do in her situation and of course, just listening and be there. It is enough!
    Hugs and prayers for you
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Eugh what a day.
    Last night me and my OH had a really good night, we stayed up til about 3am playing on the PS4 that he got about 4 days ago LOL
    I love it, but we have to play together because when it comes to shooting people i just end up all over the place LOL

So today i was pretty tired but i got a big breakfast in me, scrambled egg and salmon on toast. And i got a load of washing in. The rest of the day went terribly, proven by the fact that same load of washing is still in the washer...

So here goes, after the load ofd washing went on i made everyone lunch, this was around 1pm, i had lunch and chilled out with ash for about half an hour.
    I come downstairs to find every goddamn toy strewn across the floor, i was going to go mad but Marley was asleep on the sofa and i wanted to try do the better thing and keep calm.
    So, i spinned it i to a positive and figured this way we could have a sort out of broken, old, unwanted toys ans remove toys that are supposed to be in their bedroom.
    We got their tub neatly filled, all the stacking blocks together, barbies and accessories into another tub and all the larger toys put back together and stored neatly away. And we moved out the cabinets and sofas to make sure we got every toy.

All that was left to do was sweep, and wipe down the table from lunch and pick up rubbish like stray wipes and bits of paper.

By this time it was 4.30? So i put the oven on to preheat. The chicken takes 1hr 30 to cook. And everything else like potatoes and veg can be done within this time too. Chicken went in at 4.45, dinner got served at 7.30, half an hour past their bedtime.
    They were screaming, shouting, crying, and Saskia got sent to her room. And then went in our bedroom shortly after to sit with Ash.
    He then needed a bit of help with his contacts, neither of us could figure out if they were inside out or not.

Come downstairs about 20 mins later.. look in the lounge, toys strewn across the floor, it looked exactly like before. I felt furious yet defeated, even Saskia was upset a bit when she'd seen what Marley had done. So after all these distractions, dinner was completely out of time, the screaming and shouted started again, Casey was inconsolable because she was hungry, saskias asking me a million and one questions.
    In the end i didnt even make myself up a plate, i gave everyone else their dinner, shut the kitchen door, pushed the dryer against it and just burst into tears.

Composed myself and cleaned the *kitten* out the kitchen and then put them straight to bed.

Hugs <3 I remember those days ... you feel like you take 2 steps forward and 5 steps backwards. Constant cleaning, no time to yourself. I remember going into the bathroom after they would go to bed and just soak in the tub... light some candles... even some nites a glass of wine. It was the only time you get to yourself. But I also remember after they go to bed ... endless dishes to wash, laundry to do, toys to pick up.
    But ... it will get easier. Maybe the older girls can help a little ... give them little stickers or something as an encouragement to help you pick up the toys. Casey is so little yet though.
    But ... know we are here for you ... whenever you need to vent! Being a mommy is not easy!

Haha more like 2 steps forward then leaping back into yesterday!!
    Im just sick of the bickering!
    As soon as i say tidy up time, Marley says "No!" And thats that basically. And Saskia says "but marleys not gonna help me" (in a whiny voice)
    So i offer some form of reward but then theh just continuously ask for it when theyve not finished!

I just found an easy way to tidy the lounge, basically sweep everything to the centre of the room, pick out all the toys and put away, pick out clothes and put in the laundry, pjck out any pots/cutlery and throw in sink, pick out the larger bits of rubbish and then sweep/hoover up the finer bits.
  • Bex953172
    edited February 2019
    Options
    And theres no point in getting Marley to try atm, shes in full blown terrible twos with a whole lot of sass. Lol!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB you’re doing just great. Make sure you do that one self care thing. It makes all the difference. xx

JFT
    1. Start probate on my dad’s estate
    2. Do work proposal
    3. Do late tax return
    4. Send thank you notes to those who attended and wrote cards for my dad’s funeral
    5. Do a self pamper - foot spa
    6. Sort my papers
    7. Do an exercise dvd and 10 mins on bike

Xxx

Heyyyyy! I missed you💝😃

Bless you. Back on here having got through funeral.... all went well on Wed - gave my lovely dad the best send off... got home late Frudsy and slept a lot since....now life has to start again... been too much on the chocolate and fast food... now I need to get back to my goals and make my dad proud by looking after my health and exercise.. ❤️❤️❤️ so back to it.... I have a week more off from work on bereavement leave so going to make that count and get exercising and eating well❤️❤️

Remember too that you have a good support system here on this thread
    Continue to love on yourself, and we are here for you💝🙏
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    Options
    I
    I don’t think I have any real goals today. Sleep in a little. Do a little laundry. Be ok with food. Maybe 1500 Val’s today.

- I did sleep in,even took a nap this afternoon.
    - I did a little laundry.
    - I went over 1500. Total emotional eating. Only good thing is that I realized what I was doing and stopped. I ended up at maintenance for the day.

I talked to my friend and told her she or her daughter can call me anytime. My friend knows that I suffer from bipolar depression, but doesn’t really get it. Now her daughter has been diagnosed and she is hoping I can help them through this. This is very hard for me because it is something I hide and feel embarrassed by. But I will do anything for this girl I love.

Because I am opening up this part of me to others, I decided I needed to talk to my children about it. They are old enough to know but I’ve been putting it off. This is one of the hardest things I’ve done. I fear they will look at me differently. More than anything I fear I’ve passed it on to them.

My thoughts are kind of tangled between thinks I want to do, things I need to do and things I fear to do. All in all 5 Tagalong cookies isn’t the end of the world.

That was Sunday. I met most of my goals.

JFT Monday

- Get up early go to the gym
    - Work by 8:00
    - Breakfast protein bar & fruit
    - Lunch under 300cal
    - Don’t get thingsfrom vending machine
    - Go for a walk weather permitting
    - Finish the laundry
    - Forgive myself
    - Bed by 10:00

• mytime6630
    Options
    I
    I don’t think I have any real goals today. Sleep in a little. Do a little laundry. Be ok with food. Maybe 1500 Val’s today.

- I did sleep in,even took a nap this afternoon.
    - I did a little laundry.
    - I went over 1500. Total emotional eating. Only good thing is that I realized what I was doing and stopped. I ended up at maintenance for the day.

I talked to my friend and told her she or her daughter can call me anytime. My friend knows that I suffer from bipolar depression, but doesn’t really get it. Now her daughter has been diagnosed and she is hoping I can help them through this. This is very hard for me because it is something I hide and feel embarrassed by. But I will do anything for this girl I love.

Because I am opening up this part of me to others, I decided I needed to talk to my children about it. They are old enough to know but I’ve been putting it off. This is one of the hardest things I’ve done. I fear they will look at me differently. More than anything I fear I’ve passed it on to them.

My thoughts are kind of tangled between thinks I want to do, things I need to do and things I fear to do. All in all 5 Tagalong cookies isn’t the end of the world.

That was Sunday. I met most of my goals.

JFT Monday

- Get up early go to the gym
    - Work by 8:00
    - Breakfast protein bar & fruit
    - Lunch under 300cal
    - Don’t get thingsfrom vending machine
    - Go for a walk weather permitting
    - Finish the laundry
    - Forgive myself
    - Bed by 10:00

With what you have been through ... 5 cookies isn't that bad. Hugs to you. And I have to say, my daughter suffers from not only bipolar, but schizophrenia. I have so much admiration for anyone fighting this... so hugs to you. Your children will understand, and probably admire you for what you go through each day, and how strong you are. It is something you should never be embarassed about. I wish the stigma was not there... but I think it is not as bad as it used to be. So many people suffer from some type of illness ... this is no different. I am sure it was hard talking to your friend. You are one special person <3
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Some sadness and struggles on here and I’m sending love and strength to you all. I’ve said it before but what an amazingly strong and caring bunch of people we have on this thread!

I had a good day yesterday. Not as much time spent out in the sunshine as I would have liked as the girls wanted to go to the shopping centre to spend some birthday money, but we took a nice walk out for an early dinner. Bit stressed this morning as oldest was up in the night feeling unwell. Going to work out in a minute and see how she’s feeling once she’s up. Minimal goals today I think as we ease back into things.

Sunday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Walk/jog/time outside with the kids (was super warm and sunny yesterday, fingers crossed for more today) ✅
    - Buy food containers, freeze batch cooked meals ✅
    - Get bags packed for school, name label new shoes ✅
    - General tidy-up ✅
    - Hair wash and early night ✅

Monday goals:
    - morning workout
    - Pack snacks, buy milk and coffee on way to work
    - Water!
    - Reply to emails @ lunchtime - medieval workshop?!
    - Call potential party venues again - get something booked!
    - Leave on time
    - early night

Wish you all a good start to the week x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 25 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Quick walk before work to wake up and walk at lunchtime to enjoy the warmer weather
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    JFT - Friday
    Out for tea tonight, ENJOY IT AND MOVE ON ✅
    15,000 steps✅
    Drink 2 bottles of water✅

Had the most amazing time away for Friday and Saturday. It was just what I needed. I had the most amazing food on Friday night too.

JFT - Monday
    Log all my food and stay under calorie goal
    Drink 2 bottles of water
    Try get to the gym tonight

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Eugh what a day.

As soon as i say tidy up time, Marley says "No!" And thats that basically. And Saskia says "but marleys not gonna help me" (in a whiny voice)
    So i offer some form of reward but then theh just continuously ask for it when theyve not finished!

I just found an easy way to tidy the lounge, basically sweep everything to the centre of the room, pick out all the toys and put away, pick out clothes and put in the laundry, pjck out any pots/cutlery and throw in sink, pick out the larger bits of rubbish and then sweep/hoover up the finer bits.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be tempted to say that anyone who doesn't help tidy up their toys doesn't get their toys back for a week.... >:)

But then I'm not in your shoes and don't really know what I'm talking about (not being a parent) so you may want to ignore that suggestion!
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Monday weigh-in:

Ultimate Goal weight: 154
    First Goal weight: 159
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Jan 7th: 167
    Jan14th: 166
    Jan 28th: 163.25
    Feb 4th: 164.25
    Feb 11th: 163.75
    Feb 25th: 166.75

So overall not doing too well.... Overate on quite a few occasions these last two weeks and it's showing. I've had quite a few tempting occasions to contend with (wedding, mum's birthday, meals out...)

But also I've just been feeling a bit rubbish and that's affected my mood, eating and exercise.

I've decided, for now, to stop applying for new jobs until I have got my French exams out of the way (they are in early June). It's just a bit too much to fit in a busy job, work for French AND job applications. It leaves little time for me, so I end up feeling stressed and drained. And it leaves little time for the boyfriend, so things have been difficult there too.

So, I'm going to take a break from it in order to focus on the French. One thing at a time! Hopefully this will give me a bit of headspace, and this will subsequently benefit the scales as well :smiley:
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Food shopping
    - Catch up on emails
    - Finances
    - French homework
    - Claim train ticket
    - Tidy something
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: clean slate

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday, let’s start again
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout when I get home
    4. No more cake
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Eugh what a day.

If I were in your shoes, I'd be tempted to say that anyone who doesn't help tidy up their toys doesn't get their toys back for a week.... >:)

But then I'm not in your shoes and don't really know what I'm talking about (not being a parent) so you may want to ignore that suggestion!

Its very tempting, but the amount of toys they have, if that were to work id havd to take all their toys LOL
    At the moment its no tidying up, no dessert.
    I dont really want to use food as a bargaining technique though, but its the only ammo i got!

Well done remembering the Sunday weigh in, i forgot lol, i did it today, 180, basically back where i started.. *sigh* although i gad a salty dinner last night so could be that.
    Attempting to make better choices todsy.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Finish and submit essay 1.
    3. Review plans for next 2 weeks.
    4. 3-mile (12 lap) run at the park. Send husband with recycling.
    5. Write essay 2. Finish and submit lesson plans. Look for new shoes?
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Prep beef stew. Pack lunch for Monday.
    7. Therapy exercises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:50. Monday: Call gastro during planning.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Coffee! Log 1 item. Warm car. Update JFT by 7 AM. Post discussion.
    2. Before school: EMAIL LESSON PLANS. PRINT. Update class websites. Update WLGs. Offer hugs as students enter/leave.
    3. Class 1-2: Figurative Language. HW: Simplicity / verb phrases. Go to lab FIRST tomorrow and print before 8 AM.
    4. Planning: A - Draft essay. Call gastro. B - Write sub plans. PRINT. Print graphic organizers. C - Grade late work. D - Input grades.
    5. Class 4: Survey. Body paragraphs; analyze sample. Fill out graphic organizer. Chromebooks if needed for research. Check on Works Cited. Homework: Proof / verb phrases.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. If it stays nice, I might go for a run instead. Quiz.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

So Sunday was pretty productive BUT I'm still way up on the scale and I'm kind of stressed about it. Not about the lack of loss in and of itself, but I'd really hoped to be DOWN right now because we're GOING ON A CRUISE and I don't want to be super restrictive there, I want to be just like WHATEVER HAHAHA and just relax and enjoy myself and if the food is amazing be able to INDULGE without feeling like I'm sabotaging everything I've worked hard to achieve so far.

UGH. Just stressing a bit. Plus of course I have to get sub plans written and turned in and I need to have my grading done because lord knows I'm going to come back to another pile and I don't want it to be any bigger than it's already going to be, and then there's packing and my masters coursework and YIKES! I need to turn in my discussion post. Tchau!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm sorry I don't have more time for a longer response, but I see several of you dealing with some struggles lately. I just wanted to say you are all strong and you are in my thoughts! Sending positivity to you!! 💖💖

Yesterday we ended up going to Tampa and my mother in law made lunch and desserts (she is fantastic at this) so I changed my calorie goal midday to 1500 lol. Got some steps in, but not the amount I wanted to.

Yesterday 2/24:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😐 deficit goal no, under 1500 goal yes
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps 😞
    3. Do a load of laundry😞 that was a whole lot of nope
    4. Make a budget or at least START it😞

JFT 2/25:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work by 5:15
    4. Pickup and cook something for dinner
    5. Do a load of laundry