JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    I'm not new ... I just fell off the wagon ... I weighed 375 at me heaviest ... I lost 250 lbs ... and my weight has been between 120-128 since 2012 ... Today I got on the scale and I weigh 133 ... that's not so bad I said ... but the kicker is that my BMI is off the chart at 133 where it has been 128 for years ... I have decide to get back to My Fitness Pal to get back on track ... My exercise is nil ... I have not made time for it because of going straight to bed from being so tired of having so many hours working ... I have a full time job and a part time job ... I get 60 hours a week between them ... NO MORE EXCUSES ... I have got to make changes in eating healthy again and counting those calories like I used to ... I am not mentally there yet to get the exercise into my schedule ... I'll get there just not yet ... I would love to join this to gain the motivation ... I'm in if that's ok for me to join ... Any insights would be helpful ... Thanks!!!!!

Congratulation on losing 250 pounds! So proud of you,and yes, we would love to have you join us!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 25 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge

Pay bills before doing anything else
    Get out in the sunshine and enjoy the spring weather
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food👎 did well until the afternoon
    2. Meditate 👍
    3. Healthy dinner👍
    4. Recognize anxieties masked as food cravings👍

JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 100oz water
    3. TRX workout
    4. Meditate
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,359 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I have any real goals today. Sleep in a little. Do a little laundry. Be ok with food. Maybe 1500 Val’s today.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday February 23 Determined
    2L of water - 😒
    Calories in Green - 👿
    Walk 1 Mile - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 👿

JFT - Sunday February 24 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Well yesterday was a mess! I don’t know what got into me but I wanted and had all the food! I didn’t exercise, I didn’t restrain. Today is a new day and I will do better.

I am taking the Grands to their Dad around noon and then going to Kaitlyn’s to finish off the invitations. We just have to put on the hearts and twine. After that I am coming home and doing some tidying I think.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    @Faebert - that week went fast! Enjoy your last day.

@melanieclark777 - wow what a lot of work you must have put in! Welcome!

@nlmackey98 - sounds like a good day.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Look for new shoes.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week, AND the following Monday's sub plans.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Read 6 pages of Capital. Type key for Burke readings.
    5. Groceries. Used bookstore. Recycling. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Prep cheese.
    6. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Finish and submit essay 1.
    3. Review plans for next 2 weeks.
    4. 3-mile (12 lap) run at the park. Send husband with recycling.
    5. Write essay 2. Finish and submit lesson plans. Look for new shoes?
    6. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Prep beef stew. Pack lunch for Monday.
    7. Therapy exercises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:50. Monday: Call gastro during planning.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

Yesterday was ... not a complete loss. But now I have a crapload of work to do today :( At least it's not raining. Plan is to get this essay and artifact in by noon, review lesson plans, then go for a run, then come back, finish lesson plans, then do the NEXT essay. Bookstore is not gonna happen this weekend. Gonna have to send the husband by himself to take the recyclables to the center, maybe while I go for the run.

Feeling like I'm climbing backward right now :P

@Faebert - jsyk, breast cancer is highly treatable, and arguably curable, if it's caught early. So yay for you for being proactive and taking steps to check things out based on family history. Hope things work out well.
    @mytime6630 - Thinking of you and your daughter. :( Do what you can, hope for the best, and don't beat yourself up over it. Sounds like the situation is already challenging enough!
    @nlmackey98 - One of the things I tell myself regularly is "Feelings aren't facts." It's okay to feel a certain way, and I don't want to ignore my feelings, but I try to let my brain have the last say, because feelings are deceptive little kittens! ;D
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    not new ... I just fell off the wagon ... I weighed 375 at me heaviest ...
    ...I have got to make changes in eating healthy again and counting those calories like I used to ... I am not mentally there yet to get the exercise into my schedule ... I'll get there just not yet ... I would love to join this to gain the motivation ... I'm in if that's ok for me to join ... Any insights would be helpful ... Thanks!!!!!

You are amazingly strong and have accomplished what few others even dare to try. I hope this group helps get you back on track.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @mytime6630 your stress is off the chart. With all you have going on it is almost impossible to focus on you. I’m so happy you have decided to give yourself this gift.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'll be quick today, I'm riding in the car and I get car sick really easily lol.

Yesterday 2/23:

1. Stay within calorie goal😐 went slightly over
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps 😁
    3. Do workout😁
    4. Make a budget😞 forgot
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 2/24:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get a minimum of 4,000 steps
    3. Do a load of laundry
    4. Make a budget or at least START it
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    @Faebert you are such an inspiration to me. I’m so happy you enjoyed your daughter’s birthday party and stay in control. Warrior sounds amazing. I used to take similar classes, I was even a spin instructor, I can’t wait to get my fitness back to where I can enjoy the “pain” like I used to. Right now I can’t seem to find that gear that pushes me passed my comfort zone. Anyway thank you for sharing your life on here.

@Snowflake1968 tomorrow is gone, let it stay there. You’ve got a lot stuff going on with the Grands and the wedding, just don’t lose yourself in it. Remember that you matter.

@clicketykeys being a teacher sounds exhausting. You never take a day off. I admire your commitment to your students and I’m really glad you take time to care for yourself.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB you’re doing just great. Make sure you do that one self care thing. It makes all the difference. xx

JFT
    1. Start probate on my dad’s estate
    2. Do work proposal
    3. Do late tax return
    4. Send thank you notes to those who attended and wrote cards for my dad’s funeral
    5. Do a self pamper - foot spa
    6. Sort my papers
    7. Do an exercise dvd and 10 mins on bike

Xxx

Heyyyyy! I missed you💝😃
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Spiritual Sunday. A lot of quiet time, no phone use today or yesterday. Worship and music,
    tears and tissues while I released my issues. I thought of all of you and said a prayer for you
    too. I asked for revival, refreshing, and extra favour and blessings. A bigger capacity to love you
    all more, and even asked for more strength to endure. Amen.

JFT This Week's Try
    Try: To stop drinking coffee... I have been so weak in this
    Stop going to bed after 11
    To complete reading the book I checked out
    To be more consistent with exercise
    Make a DOABLE schedule
    No after 7p.m. meals or snacks
    Get out of the house for me
    Drink consistently on a daily basis.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just for Saturday | 2/23/2019 | TENACITY
    1. Stay in the Green :star:
    2. Journal every bite :star:
    3. 64+ oz of water :naughty:About 12 oz short
    4. 30 minutes of activity :star:Helped DH declutter basement and went through a lot of boxes we never umpacked. Not done yet, but holy wow, is there ever a huge difference down there! DH is actually having someone come next week to give an estimate on putting in another bathroom down there now that he sees how much room there actually is! So happy about this.
    5. 5 servings of Freggies :wink: 3/5 is better than 0/5
    6. Start next sewing project :disappointed:Nope, because I helped declutter instead. I did actually get a lot of sewing room stuff situated though so that was good! :star:
    7. Be grateful for all that is, let go of what is not and what is not in my control. :star::star:
    8. Be patient even if I'm tired and ornery :sunglasses:
    9. One frivolous self-care thing: Bubble bath? Mani/Pedi? Tanning? :sunglasses:Nope, but I'm actually okay with that. I never really felt like leaving the house and what I did get done at home with DH was way more gratifying
    10. Gratitude Journal :naughty: | Joyce or Dodie :star: | Simple Abundance :naughty: | Daily Dialog :smile: | Calm app :blush:Didn't do all of these because DH and I ended up binge-watching The Ranch on Netflix and I crashed when I went to bed!
    This Week's Tasks
    • Start writing down ideas for a home side business. (How can I earn money for extras, i.e. retire early, trips, fence in the backyard, have 2nd bathroom put in, new windows in the house...) :star:
    • Declutter a box in the basement - keep, throw, donate or sell piles
    • 2018 taxes
    • Budget for March
    • Clothes shopping: 3 pairs work pants, 3 new tops, comfortable dress shoes (brown), 2 pairs jeans, 3 new tops, underclothing
    • Meal plan for week and make a list
    • Shop for week
    • Clean and package serving-sized baggies of snacks and veggies
    • First Lesson for Half-Sized Me
    • Rewrite ARCs
    • Make appts [sleep, ENT, cardio]
    • Check out gym membership

Hello my JFT friends! I have some quiet time right now, since DH went to help snowblow his buddy's driveway before snow turns to ice. So, I took advantage of this time and did some research on some issues I've been having and how to help them go away. Well, guess what????!!!! Every single one of them would be better IF I LOSE WEIGHT! Shocking, I know...

Soooo... Just for Sunday | 2/24/19 TENACITY
    • Journal every bite and stay in the GREEN
    • 64 oz of water
    • 30 minutes activity
    • Start a new sewing project
    • 5 servings of freggies
    • Half Size Me podcast from last Monday
    • Prepare for tomorrow, tonight
    • Pack tomorrow's lunchbag
    • Spend some time in thought and meditation - daily dialog / gratitude journal / Calm app / Joyce podcast
    • Watch an episode of Marie Kondo on Netflix
    • Self-Care: At least 15 minutes doing something for me.
    • Unplug one hour before bed and lights out at 10:00. Set alarm for 30 minutes earlier than normal and get up without hitting Snooze!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Faebert I wish you all the best in your decision to be proactive. It's got to be a really difficult decision. Having had Stage III breast cancer, I know the emotions that come with the surgery and I'm sending you big hugs.

@mytime6630 I'm so sorry to hear your daughter is struggling even more. My heart goes out to you. I've had and have many struggles with our kids/grandkids and I don't know of anything that hurts me inside more. For what it's worth, I think you are doing the absolute right thing. I also am SO HAPPY to hear you joined WW! I have been toying with that idea also for about a month now since some girls at work joined. But I just haven't taken the plunge yet. I think I'd be like you and want to keep track of my calories and I don't know if that would sabotage my WW journey or not. Really looking forward to hearing about your meetings! I agree 100% with the message they gave last night. I talk to strangers nicer than I speak to myself. I probably wouldn't even be friends with anyone who spoke to me the way I speak to me. I love @Bex953172 three C's analogy. Nails it right on the head. Maybe write that down somewhere so you can read it to yourself when you struggle. I'm sending you cyber hugs my friend.

@maryrobinson40 Sending prayers up for you too, sweetie. You deserve some peace in your heart. We love you.

@ZizzyBumble I smiled so big when I read about your walk around your neighborhood looking at gardens. Sounds like an absolute lovely day! Good for you. Bills will wait...especially if they are not due yet! :heart:

So many people on here I want to respond to, but I really need to get off my *kitten* and get something done. I'll try to hop on later.

It's unplugged Sunday at my house, so MFP is the only site I check out. No texting, no social media, just being in the present.

Have a wonderful day!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Saturday:
    1. weigh :)
    2. swim a mile :smile:
    3. at least 10,000 steps--going to be hard as it looks WET today and there is nowhere to walk in my small town :(
    4. at least 8C liquid :neutral:
    5. eat at least one big salad :)
    6. housecleaning--do all floors :) everything is totally clean and I even hung some curtains :smiley:
    7. start organizing weekly work/social/exercise schedule :smile:

Sunday:
    1. weigh
    2. should get 10,000 steps--not easy on a wet winter weekend!
    3. at least 8C liquid
    4. eat at least one big salad
    5. finish organizing weekly work/social/exercise schedule
    6. Do meal prep/planning for the first part of the week
    7. At least two self-care activities

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Eugh what a day.
    Last night me and my OH had a really good night, we stayed up til about 3am playing on the PS4 that he got about 4 days ago LOL
    He bought me the latest Lara Croft Tomb Raider game!
    I love it, but we have to play together because when it comes to shooting people i just end up all over the place LOL
    I end up spinning in circles LOL

So today i was pretty tired but i got a big breakfast in me, scrambled egg and salmon on toast. And i got a load of washing in. The rest of the day went terribly, proven by the fact that same load of washing is still in the washer...

Im gonna have to vent it guys.
    So here goes, after the load ofd washing went on i made everyone lunch, this was around 1pm, i had lunch and chilled out with ash for about half an hour.
    I come downstairs to find every goddamn toy strewn across the floor, i was going to go mad but Marley was asleep on the sofa and i wanted to try do the better thing and keep calm.
    So, i spinned it i to a positive and figured this way we could have a sort out of broken, old, unwanted toys ans remove toys that are supposed to be in their bedroom.
    We got their tub neatly filled, all the stacking blocks together, barbies and accessories into another tub and all the larger toys put back together and stored neatly away. And we moved out the cabinets and sofas to make sure we got every toy.

All that was left to do was sweep, and wipe down the table from lunch and pick up rubbish like stray wipes and bits of paper.

By this time it was 4.30? So i put the oven on to preheat. The chicken takes 1hr 30 to cook. And everything else like potatoes and veg can be done within this time too. Chicken went in at 4.45, dinner got served at 7.30, half an hour past their bedtime.
    They were screaming, shouting, crying, and Saskia got sent to her room. And then went in our bedroom shortly after to sit with Ash.
    He then needed a bit of help with his contacts, neither of us could figure out if they were inside out or not.

Come downstairs about 20 mins later.. look in the lounge, toys strewn across the floor, it looked exactly like before. I felt furious yet defeated, even Saskia was upset a bit when she'd seen what Marley had done. So after all these distractions, dinner was completely out of time, the screaming and shouted started again, Casey was inconsolable because she was hungry, saskias asking me a million and one questions.
    In the end i didnt even make myself up a plate, i gave everyone else their dinner, shut the kitchen door, pushed the dryer against it and just burst into tears.

Composed myself and cleaned the *kitten* out the kitchen and then put them straight to bed.
    Then made myself some chips and used the left over chicken.

Theyre back in school tomorrow, i seriously need the break.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 25 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

Pay bills before doing anything else o:)
    Get out in the sunshine and enjoy the spring weather B) I've really enjoyed feeling the warmth of the sun and feel much better for being out in it. Back to work tomorrow but will try to fit in a walk at lunch time

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Eugh what a day.
    Last night me and my OH had a really good night, we stayed up til about 3am playing on the PS4 that he got about 4 days ago LOL
    He bought me the latest Lara Croft Tomb Raider game!
    I love it, but we have to play together because when it comes to shooting people i just end up all over the place LOL
    I end up spinning in circles LOL

So today i was pretty tired but i got a big breakfast in me, scrambled egg and salmon on toast. And i got a load of washing in. The rest of the day went terribly, proven by the fact that same load of washing is still in the washer...

Im gonna have to vent it guys.
    So here goes, after the load ofd washing went on i made everyone lunch, this was around 1pm, i had lunch and chilled out with ash for about half an hour.
    I come downstairs to find every goddamn toy strewn across the floor, i was going to go mad but Marley was asleep on the sofa and i wanted to try do the better thing and keep calm.
    So, i spinned it i to a positive and figured this way we could have a sort out of broken, old, unwanted toys ans remove toys that are supposed to be in their bedroom.
    We got their tub neatly filled, all the stacking blocks together, barbies and accessories into another tub and all the larger toys put back together and stored neatly away. And we moved out the cabinets and sofas to make sure we got every toy.

All that was left to do was sweep, and wipe down the table from lunch and pick up rubbish like stray wipes and bits of paper.

By this time it was 4.30? So i put the oven on to preheat. The chicken takes 1hr 30 to cook. And everything else like potatoes and veg can be done within this time too. Chicken went in at 4.45, dinner got served at 7.30, half an hour past their bedtime.
    They were screaming, shouting, crying, and Saskia got sent to her room. And then went in our bedroom shortly after to sit with Ash.
    He then needed a bit of help with his contacts, neither of us could figure out if they were inside out or not.

Come downstairs about 20 mins later.. look in the lounge, toys strewn across the floor, it looked exactly like before. I felt furious yet defeated, even Saskia was upset a bit when she'd seen what Marley had done. So after all these distractions, dinner was completely out of time, the screaming and shouted started again, Casey was inconsolable because she was hungry, saskias asking me a million and one questions.
    In the end i didnt even make myself up a plate, i gave everyone else their dinner, shut the kitchen door, pushed the dryer against it and just burst into tears.

Composed myself and cleaned the *kitten* out the kitchen and then put them straight to bed.
    Then made myself some chips and used the left over chicken.

Theyre back in school tomorrow, i seriously need the break.

Oh Bex, I'm so sorry! You really did have one of those horsesh*t days where a mom feels like she just can't win. I remember them well. I also remember locking myself in the bathroom and crying. I am glad that Saskia realized how much it set you back by what Marley had done. Maybe realizing that, she will help you more often by picking up after herself without being asked. Your babies are so young, it's hard to know what will help!

I know it feels like life is going to be like this forever, but I promise you it won't. It does get better... Kids are exhausting! Motherhood is for the young...I couldn't do what you do at my age. I hope you can find some quiet time for yourself tonight, or tomorrow. Could Ash help by watching the kids for an hour each day for you to take a walk or go to the gym or just plain go off and be alone? I know my ex-husband wouldn't help so I could do that, but I remember thinking how much it would help me get through the rest of the day.

Big hugs, Bex. Much love from across the pond. xoxoxo
    Tracie