JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, got the new cooker installed today, im just burning it off before i can use it!
    Im absolutely frozen! No heating til monday! And all my clothes are packed away lol, kinda wish i had xray vision or whatever, little annoyed at my partner because at first we were labelling boxes and i labelled every box i did, about 1/3 of boxes arent labelled so we all know who that is...

Not quite sure where to start with all this, i guess the first step is to get all the boxes in the right room and all the big stuff like tvs, cabinets in place?

So thats my only goal today, get the house arranged ready for unboxing.

I think getting the boxes into the right room would be an excellent start. Hope you find the warm clothes while you’re doing it. I don’t think my husband has ever packed a box in a move, I’m probably thankful for that :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Frd
    1. go to WW meeting :) Down almost 3# .. have now met my 5# loss!
    2. jan challenge -8+ water :)
    3. feb challenge - 1 snack, then brush/floss teeth :)
    4. march challenge - go outside for a walk. Really need to do this!! :):s I walked 4 miles, mostly to relieve stress. But it was FREEZING cold out! Temps said 44, so I wore my winter coat ... but the wind was so strong!! I am home, and was completely exhausted the rest of the nite ... I think the cold just sapped all my energy (what little I had left).
    5. mindful eating :)
    6. plan meals for the week :/
    7. work on cleaning house :/
    8. try and finish baby quilt at least :/
    9. work on pc boards .. busy day :)
    10. stay positive. try not to be patient. :/ Not so good at this. I am very worried, yet at the same time angry with our daughter for the lies. All year she kept saying she was well below the limit allowed by disability .. while she was over every month. And all the money is gone ... internet scams, overdraft fees, starbucks coffee.Very frustrating, yet I know it is her illness, so at the same time, my heart goes out to her. So ... letters prepared to deliver on Monday, and just pray for the best, and if not, pray that financially we can bail her out, and she will be moving back with us. A day at a time.

JFT, Sat
    1. gym :) Already done
    2. mindful eating
    3. jan challenge -8+ water
    4. feb challenge - 1 nitetime snack/ brush teeth to stop from eating
    5. mar challenge - outside 15 mintes (going to do this shortly and rake up some leaves)
    6. plan meals for the week
    7. house cleaning
    8. help hubby with work stuff - so far behind
    9. take daughter with me to Trader JOes, and hope for some talking time. We need to figure out a way for me to manage her money. I do manage the disability money, but hoping she will let me help her with money she earns.. especially if disabiilty stops.
    10. do something tonite to relax .... maybe a bubble bath.

I hope you get the results you need from disability. I think it’s a sin how little they think people on disability, old age pensions, etc can live on. I know here in Alberta it is not enough for anyone.

When my Mom started showing signs of Alzheimer’s, but not diagnosed she was spending frivolously and my Brother came up with a plan to help it. My Mother wouldn’t say no to my Brother so went along with his plan so it made it easier. He has her add him to her account so that he could have a bank card too. This allowed him to have access to her account and he could se me how much she was spending. He monitored it and if saw she was spending a lot he would go withdraw the rest and make her come to him for money. My brother did everything he could because he didn’t want to invoke the power of attorney that he had. One time, it’s sad and funny at the same time. My Mom’s car broke down, she was calling me complaining that he wasn’t looking at it, he’s a mechanic but then in the next breath would say he was just busy. This went on for about three weeks. I called my Brother to find out what was wrong with her car, he told me she had ran out of gas and he was trying to save some money for her bt not “fixing” it. It wasn’t long after this that he had to actually invoke the POA.

I don’t have answers for you but I’ll pray with you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have to share a funny Grands story:
    Jonah was using Michaela’s toy dishes to make weapons for the Zombie Apocalypse today. Michaela says to him, “Donah” (she hasn’t got the J down yet), I don’t like Zombies they scary.
    Jonah says, “it’s ok Micki (I am the only one that calls her Michaela), they aren’t real. I’m just making these in case.”

I rarely share anything with him now because he is so much into the iPad when he’s here. Today he was actually playing! It was so nice to see!5vj2e65glu4i.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I have to share a funny Grands story:
    Jonah was using Michaela’s toy dishes to make weapons for the Zombie Apocalypse today. Michaela says to him, “Donah” (she hasn’t got the J down yet), I don’t like Zombies they scary.
    Jonah says, “it’s ok Micki (I am the only one that calls her Michaela), they aren’t real. I’m just making these in case.”

I rarely share anything with him now because he is so much into the iPad when he’s here. Today he was actually playing! It was so nice to see!5vj2e65glu4i.jpeg

So happy and just so cute! What a lovely Grandma you are x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Up enjoying a bit of peace and quiet before the kids get up. I actually woke again at my stupid o’clock hour but no workout today so went back to bed.

Yesterday’s party was a big success. The kids had a blast, the adults stayed sane and I stayed on track. Made sure I filled up with plenty of fruit and veg and good meals so avoided temptation! And I sneaked in a great exercise class in the morning. There is new equipment in the Warrior class. Usually just dumbbells, TRX bands with treadmill intervals (running with hill and sprint intervals) they’ve now added kettlebells, slam balls and sandbags into the weights mix. It was really challenging. Half the battle was getting the technique right but I’m glad I did it and can certainly feel the effects this morning!

On to the goals - time to finish this weekend strong.

Saturday goals recap:
    - get kids up and wash their hair ✅
    - Warrior class ✅
    - Buy birthday card, pears, eggs and sleepover snacks ✅
    - make spare bed for sleepover, general tidy ✅
    - eat a decent lunch - don’t be too hungry for party ✅
    - Party 3:30-6:30 ✅
    - Host sleepover ✅
    - Get to bed as soon as kids allow! ✅ about 10:30 - could be worse!

Sunday goals:
    - sleep in (rest day) ✅
    - Make pancakes for kids
    - Laundry
    - Ceramic cafe for some pottery painting
    - Drop J back home (remember all her sleepover stuff)
    - House clean
    - Kids finish homework
    - Book exercise classes for next week
    - Early night

Have a great Sunday everyone! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sunday 17 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, got the new cooker installed today, im just burning it off before i can use it!
    Im absolutely frozen! No heating til monday! And all my clothes are packed away lol, kinda wish i had xray vision or whatever, little annoyed at my partner because at first we were labelling boxes and i labelled every box i did, about 1/3 of boxes arent labelled so we all know who that is...

Not quite sure where to start with all this, i guess the first step is to get all the boxes in the right room and all the big stuff like tvs, cabinets in place?

So thats my only goal today, get the house arranged ready for unboxing.

So good to see you back Bex!! Yes ... I am once again filling out disability paperwork. Here in the states they think a person can live on XX amount of money... and if you go over that, no more disability. Our daughter needs to work some because the disability is just not enough money ... so its tough. Main problem is her spending though ... but... we just have to deal with what we can. But yesterday spent the day trying to draft a letter to go with her paystubs .. pretty much begging them to keep her on disability.

But ... I know you are probably exhausted with the moving, especially with 3 little ones. But how exciting!! Soon you'll be all settled, and things back to normal! That sucks though about no heat!

It must be different over there! When Ash gets disability they do an assessment, and then his claim lasts for 2 years (this can vary from person to person based on their needs) and thats it, then 2 years later you do it all again.

Wish it was that way here. They just reviewed her last June ... and because she is attempting to work, now they are doing it again. I just hate it, because I feel like I have to point out all the reasons our daughter needs the disability, even though she is trying to work some. Her doctor also hates this part about disability. A person goes on disability because they need it, but if they become stabilized at all, and can earn, what the government says is "slightly above poverty level", then they are taken off of disability.

Ahhh see we have 2 disability benefits, one that pays you if you cant live a "normal life " (this is the one we are taking to a tribunal)
    Anc the other is employment support which has 2 groups, Work Related Support and Enhanced Support.
    Enhanced support is basically cant work (but i think he can earn an optional 110 no questions asked
    And Worl related is i think once every 2 weeks they have a meeting, find out what youd like to do and steadily ease you into that posistion, so help with CV writing and job jnterviews (you still aren't expected to work, they just teach you how to get a job and brush ip on skills)

Could you argue her behaviour is erratic and she has episodes. So she can go through periods of being okayish and she attempts work only for it to spiral again, (thats kind of what happens with ash) so we just say like yeah okay sometimes he IS okay but underneath it all its just waiting to go out of control and its unfair to assume just because hes having a good day that it gonna stay that way because it just doesn't!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. TRX workout
    3. Drink 100oz water
    4. Meditate
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    5tbpq6jygmjw.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I went over yesterday, but enjoyed an evening out with my family. I overate at dinner. I noted when I full, but continued to eat. Old habit. Did well with movie popcorn. I ate some, but not like I used to.

Today I’m a bit overwhelmed, The anxiety, fear and depression has been building for the last few weeks. Saint Patrick’s Day is a dark day for me. It’s triggering a lot of negativity and putting a dark cloud over what should be a really good day. This isn’t something I talk about in TRW. Sorry if it’s TMI.

Goals are minimal, but I plan to stay aware of my intake rather than just binging my emotions away.

- Get S & her friend to crew. :)
    - Shower and get ready
    - Pick up girls. Take friend home
    - Go car shopping
    - Pick up other kid after her field trip
    - Dinner
    - Write in my journal for the first time. Finally bought one.
    - Be kind to myself
    - Get to bed at a decent time.

@nlmackey98 we are thankful you share with us. So you don't have to apologize for being real and open.
    Thank you for sharing. (((Hugs)))
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Wow...I'm almost 8 pages behind! Holy Crow! That's what I get for being out of touch for a few days! This board sure has gotten really busy!

Okay so a recap of today. Today was Matt's Mom's memorial party. Cause that's what it was really. It was a really nice dinner for like 50 friends and family. There was a brief service that my brother in law held but it was perfect. We all cried but we also all talked and had a great time. Matt balled but I think so did everyone else. I know that I cried a bit. I have very little experience with death. At least with close death. My four grandparents died before I was 12. And I never had anyone close to me pass since then. Although my great godfather is probably not going to be with us much longer. So that will probably be the closest person to me that I will lose soon. And it will break my heart for a while, but I know where he will be and I know that he'll be there waiting for all of us as well. But it was great to see everyone and to meet some of Matt's more distant relatives. Matt and I are going to try and make an effort to be more a part of the family now. I've never really felt like a part of his family but I know that that has more to do with me then with anything they did. So I want to start going to his nephew's games and to his neice's chorus concerts and things. I want to be a part of it all. I want his(my) family to know that I am present and that I want to be a part of them. At least for as long as I can.

Anyway! On our way home I called my Dad because he was supposed to finish putting up my desk which we kind of did yesterday. He was having trouble with a side job so he said he would finish tomorrow but that I could use it now if I wanted. So that's where I am typing this. :smiley: I quickly realized that if I want to use the desk at night I will have to get a desk lamp. Lol. I'm currently using a little clip-on book light. Lol. It's been a decent night all things considered.

I guess it's time for goals for tomorrow right?

JFT 3-17-19

1. Actually log my food!!!
    2. Church!!!
    3. Bring back trash can
    4. Gym(or something!)
    5. Laundry
    6. Figure out bills
    7. Scan documents for Insur
    8. Sign up for 401k
    9. Actually make dinner
    10. DISHES
    11. Bed at a decent time!

@HEGoddard0928 I love you Sister.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Rubbish day yesterday. Work is really irritating at the moment. I'm working on difficult things, with no direction or help, and I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. Half my day is meetings, generally about things that annoy me (like yesterday's team meeting where we discussed how we can adapt to the new policy where everyone is going to be forced to work out of the office 2 days a week), so I never progress anything. I feel totally out of control, which I hate, being a control deal and all. People are constantly flapping and dumping problems on me, reducing my control even further as I get pulled away from the few things I do actually know I have to do. And it's increasingly clear that life in the new organisation is just about sucking up to the new management and not about doing a good job or making a difference.

My response to this yesterday? Eating burgers, crisps and chocolate. Bad Sarah.
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - 3+ bottles water :/
    - No alcohol :/

- No eating whilst standing :/
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :/
    - Give myself credit! :/

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Catch up on emails :smile:
    - Stay positive :/
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :/
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :smile:
    - Holiday planning/ 7 habits :/
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights off by 11 :/

I need to somehow pull this back and stop getting so upset by it all, or at least stop responding to being upset by eating/drinking. My weight is not going downwards and in fact it's slightly creeping upwards. I'm super good on lots of days but I have too many days where I slip off the rails and go way over.

Not quite sure how to fix it, will give it some thought over the next few days. I'm reading the 7 habits of effective people at the moment, which is really good and has some really relevant things to say about focusing on what you can control, and having a clear sense of your priorities so that you can figure out what isn't and isn't important easier. Lots of it is relevant to me - will have a think about how I can apply the habits within my life.

Initial thoughts are:
    - Spending some time in reflection at the start of each day, identify the one thing I want to get done that day above anything else and doing it
    - Get ruthless about rejecting meetings
    - Switch to working 9 in 10 days rather than 4 in 5. The hours I have to work when I do in 4 in 5 are just too long and I think it wears me down (and leaves me vulnerable to binging at the end of the day).

Will look at applying these and then see what else I can do.

Boy, does this bring back memories of my previous job! When I think of how many hours I spent trying to fix everyone else's issues at work and not getting my own work done, creating a circle of working day and night, I am sincerely surprised I didn't make myself sick. I feel so much more in control of my life now.

I truly hope you find peace for yourself too. I have heard of the book you are reading but haven't had the opportunity to read it. It was actually required reading at my previous employer for anyone in a leadership position. Another book they all had to read was "Who Moved the Cheese" (something like that...)

I spend time in reflection in the morning when I'm feeling like everything is spinning out of control! It was one of the things I had to incorporate back then. I list my top 3 priority to-do's and I stick to it, even if it is something as simple as making a phone call that I've been putting off. I tell colleagues that I am not able to help them today unless emergent, but that I'd be happy to help them tomorrow--that I have tasks due that I must complete. I block time off on my Outlook calendar so nobody can send me a meeting invite.

I think I am going to go to our library this weekend and look for the book you mentioned. I'll bet it has things that would help not only at work, but with conflicts in life in general!

Hugs to you, my friend... xoxo
    P.S. Is it MY turn to come over THERE and punch someone for you? :wink:

@bookmeister86 and @PackerFanlnGB many thanks to both of you. I have similar issue of not getting enough done at work. I'm going to try the things y'all mentioned. And I need to read that book, too. I'm not sure if I ever read the whole book & it's been years since then. Thank you and good luck to all of us.

@PackerFanlnGB my oldest brother has made the same offer to me about my boss/President of company I work for. And in all truth... the last time my boss spoke disrespectfully to me & raised his voice was about a year ago. He must have seen the expression on my face or something like that cause until just last Friday, he's kept himself under control. He came close to blowing it this past Friday. (btw, that last time I took a break & went outside the building & my Daughter happened to call me & I couldn't keep from crying & then same thing with oldest brother all in the 15 minute break I took outside. That's when my brother made that offer. )

@bookmeister86 Sending virtual hugs.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40;c-43432230"]TACKLE IT TUESDAY
    CHALLENGE TAKE ONE SMALL THING YOU'VE BEEN PUTTING OFF AND JUST DO IT!!
    💪 😀👏👏👏👏
    LET'S GOOOOO!

Thank you, thank you for this!

It inspired me to clear away a pile of "difficult" papers from my table. They've been there about 4 months! I'm so happy with my clear table :)

I "second" the above comments. Your "Tackle it Tuesday" inspired me to start organizing my organ music. It has been sitting on top of the piano for about two years, since I retired from playing full time. Set my timer for 25 minutes, and started sorting the music into four stacks: keep, repair, give away, trash. Sometimes, just getting started is the hardest part!
    PS: Mary---Have you considered working as a motivational speaker?[/quote]

@asclepsia fantastic job! I have similar issues, so great job, & hugs.

And, yes, I agree with you about @maryrobinson40 I love her inspirational posts.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I want to do a spotlight today...on our wonderful leader, Joan!, @mytime6630

I know I speak for all of us when I say how grateful we are that you not only thought of starting JFT, but that you actually took the next step and got it going!

Joan is right there in the trenches alongside us, going to battle, to reach a goal of good health emotionally and physically. Although she can be quite swamped and has issues at home that drain her she is still on here to give her encouragement, her love, and support. She is honest and open in telling us her struggles with her weight and emotional eating and when she falls off the wagon. And when that occurs, she gets right back up, dusts herself off, and hops right back on.

Your determination is contagious, Joan. And thank you for setting the tone of this group, that has made it a warm, cozy, and inviting place.

This is such a unique group of (right now) women. Joan, as far as I know, has not had to post a list of rules, of do's and don't's. We are a compassionate group. It's a bit of a haven of peace; a restorative place where we can reveal our vulnerabilities without fear of being knocked about. We know if we vent about the world we live in, or we reveal heartache and pain we will find lots of support and commiseration. Our suggestions and concerns are expressed gently, in a way that builds up instead of tearing down. We rah-rah each others' successes, weight-related or not. This all takes place, despite the fact that we come from all different places, different backgrounds, different ages, different faiths, political stances. Have you ever stopped to marvel at how we all get along?

I think one of the keys is Effort. We make an effort to be kind. We make an effort to choose our wording. We make an effort to accept the person as she is without condemning. We make an effort to respond with grace or not at all. We recognize that gentle correction is not the same as condemnation. But we realize that it takes work to keep our little haven, a haven. Because we know how ugly the world can be and it's oh-so-lovely to just be able to come inside, grab a hot drink, and be loved on and experience peace and joy, even in the midst of despair and chaos.

I think one way we can show our thankfulness is by continuing to make that effort to keep our little haven intact. Kindness, overlooking offenses, and pleasant words can be hard work at times! But, for the sake of our little group, and for respect and gratitude to Joan, let's keep at it! (And who knows? Maybe we can take this effort out into our little corner of the world and start a movement! :smile: )

Love you all.
    l68si46y4ybx.png

@toaljasa and @mytime6630
    Thank you for posting that beautiful spotlight. I'm a newbie (just a few months & trying to post regularly & having trouble keeping up with everyone, but she still is supportive of me and responds to my posts. I'm in awe of her, you & many others in this group who are so helpful & supportive.

Thank you!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday March 15 Determined
    2L of water - 😒 not quite 1.5
    Calories in green - 🙂
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 I’m saying yes but it wasn’t a purposeful walk
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Sunday March 17 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I leaving my goal as Calories in Green and hoping that all of the walking will balance it out, but will not be upset if I’m in maintenance.

Today is the day that I try on MOB dresses, my goal last February was to be 140 by this time. This morning the scale said 176. I’m ok with it. I have maintained my loss since October with a few days of ups in there. My immediate goal now it to try to lose around 20 lbs by July, if I don’t do it I’ll be ok with that too. I’ll just keep working at it and not be discouraged and give up.

Tomorrow I am starting my walks again! I am so excited! The temps are supposed to reach 7-8-9 this week!!!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Faebert - 1030 is an awesome time for a sleepover to end I remember some that went long into the night. You are really doing well at sticking to your goals and routines on the weekends. So proud of you!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone. I do have some Irish blood in my from my Grandmother’s side.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba. Duolingo. Grade student work (narratives). Library.
    3. Contact B. Check in with parentses. Update and FINISH plans for next week. FINISH ESSAY.
    4. SUBMIT PROJECT. Read 6 pages of Capital, 10 of Ivanhoe. Type key for Burke readings. Update and finish lesson plans. Draft poetry unit for freshmen. (HA HA HA *sigh*)
    5. Groceries. Get gas. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post. Laundry. Dishes. Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe. Update Goodreads Friday. Aim for 17 laps on Monday - supposed to be cold and clear in the morning.
    6. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Finish and submit essay. Contact B and parents. Duo.
    3. Review plans for next 2 weeks. Finalize.
    4. 3.75-mile (20 lap) run at the park. Draft discussion post. Lang8 post. Blog post.
    5. Finish and submit lesson plans.
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for Monday. Laundry. Dishes. Read 10 pages of Capital, 5 of Ivanhoe.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9. Alarm set for 5:00. Monday: print balance exercises and stretching exercises. Update Goodreads Friday. Aim for 17 laps on Monday - supposed to be cold and clear in the morning.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Trying to avoid self-loathing but I could NOT get myself to accomplish ANYTHING after I got back from the Y yesterday. Managed to tag along for grocery shopping but it's not like I DID anything. Except buy Starburst, which are delicious but really not necessary. (I had 8 yesterday and 2 so far today, so like... not going off the rails or anything, but like... again, not actually needed.)

My weekly essays are due on Sunday night, and every week I resolve that I'm going to get it done early and turn it in so that I can relax instead of stress and then I get my other assignments done early and... I do NOTHING toward my coursework on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I don't know what's wrong with me! :(
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Waters :)
    3. Be kind. :)
    4. Quality time with DH >:)
    5. Eat afternoon snack >:)
    6. 10 squats/bathroom trip >:)

JFT sun
    1. Be present and kind
    2. Hike out back - pack bag
    3. Hot tub
    4. Log all food
    5. Drink waters upon return
    6. Mini meal plan
    7. Bed by 930
    8. Update this list for tomorrow morning later
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'll keep this short as we're in the car on the way to Tampa and I get car sick really easily!

Yesterday 3/16:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps or burn minimum of 120 calories somehow😁
    3. Work out😁
    4. Cook dinner😁
    5. Chillllllllllllllll😁

JFT 3/17:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps
    3. Lay out clothes for tomorrow