• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,814 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday February 15 Determined
    2L of water - 😕 1.5
    Calories in Green - 😈
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - had one after midnight, does that count as breakfast? Long day yesterday.
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Saturday February 16 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

No call for the job yesterday, it’s a holiday Monday so won’t worry again until Tuesday.

It took 6 Michaels stores to get all the lace, but I got it and bought one extra to be safe. Came home, stained all the wooden hearts. Started working on the printed information cards and finally got them all printed by 1230 this morning. I just need to cut them now.

Today I have to go get Lauryn and the Grands, her husband’s brakes went on his car and he works today. I’ll drop her off at work, then bring the kids with me. They have bought water bottles and have asked that I help decorate them today. So we’ll be designing. When they leave I’ll make pizzas for tomorrow’s invitation party.

I am going to be tired later as I couldn’t sleep this morning and was up early, but will try to remember to stay away from junk and just get through the day.

Have a great day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,524 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, food hygiene question for you all..

I took 4 breasts of chicken out on wednesday morning, 2 i left in zip seal bag in cold water to defrost for that evenings dinner. The other two i put in the fridge in a zip seal bag to finish defrosting.

So question 1. Is the defrosted chicken still going to be okay to use for tonight (Saturday)

Question 2. On wednesday evening i made a chicken stew, all that went in the pan was chicken, carrots, onion, seasoning, stock pots, potatoes, and some cornflour to thicken the sauce.
    The left over from that meal i pug in a tupperware and in the fridge (once it had cooled) will that still be okay to eat? Or better yet whizz up for a soup and reheat?

I'm no food expert, but I would personally use and eat all the chicken. I also eat things past the best buy date. So far still alive and didn't get sick. LOL
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Update Goodreads. Check in with B.
    3. Class 1-2: Analysis project. No HW. Collect "Good Life" and put away.
    4. Planning: A - PARENT CALLS (see bottom left drawer). Turn in reports. B - Grade student work. C - TAKE WORK FOR 1-2 TO CAR. D - COLLECT ALL CORDS.
    5. Class 4: Paraphrasing and research. Grammar: Verb phrases. No HW. TAKE GRADING TO CAR.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Check in with dr. about progress on ankle. Pack tea! Check on FTN auditions.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Visit Z Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba.
    3. Lunch with B? Get coffee. Ask on FB about dolls?
    4. Head to Z’s! Take tea, meds, workout clothes. Staying til Monday lunchish.
    5. Type Burke key en route. Read some of Capital.
    6. Grade essays for freshmen. Read and comment on 2 blog posts. Monday - Check with K about FTN. 20 minutes reviewing calculus text. Tuesday - check in with dr in AM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 185.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

@littleblackskirt - I quit entering weight on MFP awhile ago because I didn't like that it would report a "loss" to my feed every time the weight was down from the previous entry (not overall). You can turn off notifications, but I already have a private log elsewhere so it seemed redundant. Sorry! :(
    @ZizzyBumble - Will you show us pictures of what you choose? Good luck!
    @Faebert - Way to go with the AM workout plans AND the full day. *hugs* Don't forget to breathe ;)

This weekend is going to be HARRRRD as we are ALL FOODIES.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @clicketykeys I am in the south of England and will be moving to the Isle of Skye. I'd seen crockery online that I thought I liked and ordered a pasta bowl and mug to be sent to my husband who is already there. He's taken photos for me but excuse the computer cables and the plastic protection on top of the oak table! There's also lots of reflections from overhead windows in the crockery. Having seen the crockery today for real I am ordering it. The bonus is I can use Tesco vouchers to offset the cost. The crockery is Denby Azure Haze r3116urzs7l9.jpeg
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 16 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :) just!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:) out for the day and did not drink enough water
    February challenge :)

I'm going shopping at the outlet centre to choose new crockery. Ours was a wedding present and is now over 30 years old and the pattern is almost washed off the regularly used items! Of course I will have to look in the other shops as well .... Today's excercise will be walking to the station and around the shops. :) Success with the crockery; see post in response to @clicketykeys request. Not much else in the shops to tempt me o:) .

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble - that’s really pretty! I have my Great Grandmother’s and Grandmother’s dish set. My Grandmother’s design has faded bit my Great Grandmother’s hasn’t. Very strange. My Great grandparents were married in 1900, my Grandparents in 1941. I have no delusions that my dishes will be used 100 years from now, the were Dollar Store’s finest!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    @clicketykeys I am in the south of England and will be moving to the Isle of Skye. I'd seen crockery online that I thought I liked and ordered a pasta bowl and mug to be sent to my husband who is already there. He's taken photos for me but excuse the computer cables and the plastic protection on top of the oak table! There's also lots of reflections from overhead windows in the crockery. Having seen the crockery today for real I am ordering it. The bonus is I can use Tesco vouchers to offset the cost. The crockery is Denby Azure Haze r3116urzs7l9.jpeg

How lovely!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi again, I'm home now and just wanted to add to my post and vent a little.

I love my job and my boss is a great person, but he's been really stressed lately and on Friday he got a bit pissy with me in an email. Not a big deal, happens to everyone from time to time but he is never like that with me and I was a bit taken aback.

I realize I can be overly sensitive, and I have had a brief lapse in my (mood stabilizing) medication, on top of pms, but man my blood was boiling and I am STILL irritated over it.

I'm just hoping I can be normal on Monday and stop overreacting.

Sorry I sound like a baby in this haha, I just really needed to vent a little.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Ok think I’ve taken my head out of my bum. Now I just might be able to put my life and health back in order. Thanks for letting me vent yesterday.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 17 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge

Clean the kitchen
    Put sheets and towels away
    Tidy bedroom
  • clicketykeys
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Update Goodreads. Check in with B.
    3. Class 1-2: Analysis project. No HW. Collect "Good Life" and put away.
    4. Planning: A - PARENT CALLS (see bottom left drawer). Turn in reports. B - Grade student work. C - TAKE WORK FOR 1-2 TO CAR. D - COLLECT ALL CORDS.
    5. Class 4: Paraphrasing and research. Grammar: Verb phrases. No HW. TAKE GRADING TO CAR.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Check in with dr. about progress on ankle. Pack tea! Check on FTN auditions.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Visit Z Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00.

Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:30. Strength class. Treadmill. Zumba.
    3. Lunch with B? Get coffee. Ask on FB about dolls?
    4. Head to Z’s! Take tea, meds, workout clothes. Staying til Monday lunchish.
    5. Type discussion post 1 en route. Plan out week 1 assignment.
    6. Grade essays for freshmen. Read and comment on 2 blog posts. Monday - Check with K about FTN. 20 minutes reviewing calculus text. Tuesday - check in with dr in AM.

JFT Sunday
    1. Grade novel analysis projects for sophomores.
    2. Check on B. Grade Socratic discussions for sophomores.
    3. Type Burke key. Type American folklore analysis idea.
    4. Walk? Try to avoid the rain.
    5. Grade freshman essays and enter grades.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 185.0

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

I did a read-through of the freshmen essays and most of them apparently don't know ... I'm not sure if it's that they don't know how or they don't know whether to use paragraphs. Because a lot of them just didn't. So we're definitely going to have to work on that. Not looking forward to actually scoring them. We may have to revisit them later.

Also, whoops! I thought I posted this yesterday and apparently I didn't. Oh well. Editing to add my Sunday JFT.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Do not eat daughters leftover McDonald’s 👍fed it to the squirrels instead!
    3. Healthy dinner👍
    4. Swim 1 hour👍

JFT Sunday
    1. TRX workout
    2. Log all food
    3. Healthy lunch choices
    4. Healthy dinner
    5. Drink 100oz water

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Yesterday went well, we went hiking so I definitely got my steps in. I feel a little better after my rant..I can recognize when I'm being overly emotional but that doesn't mean I've mastered not doing it.. Lol.

Yesterday 2/16:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😊 just a few over but in my eyes that is ok
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps 😁
    3. File taxes😊 I did everything except actually file the return.. We owe money this year and are trying to buy a house soon so I may apply for an extension

JFT 2/17:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps
    3. Do workout
    4. Wash towels
    5. Wash clothes

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Update from Thursday - Saturday: kinda crap-tastic, but over.

JFT Sunday

- Get to church on time.
    - Healthy lunch.
    - Actually be mindful of my choices and log it.
    - Get some exercise in.
    - Stay in the green
    - Remember the many blessings in my life.
    - Thank my friends on here for the encouragement.

Thanks guys!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Saturday February 16 Determined
    2L of water - 😈
    Calories in Green - 😕
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

JFT - Sunday February 17 Determined
    2L of water
    Stay in Maintenance
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I was so tired yesterday and made some poor choices. I was only about 25 in the red when I stopped working and decided to watch this weeks episode of Big Bang at 1030. There was a scene where Sheldon was making a bowl of cereal. It was a quiet scene, you could hear the cereal pouring in the bowl, the milk hitting the cereal. The spoon dipping in. You get the idea. There is very rarely cereal in the house that I will eat but there is right now as it was Michaela’s choice a couple weeks ago. I counted out 21 frosted mini wheats, poured milk on them and enjoyed every bite. Cereal should not be that many calories!

Today I am going to log and I’ll stay in Maintenance but I am going to enjoy the day. I have to get everything packed up to take to Kaitlyn’s. I am picking Lauryn up on the way and stopping to grab something at Michaels.

I’m looking forward to today, but fear the two bridesmaids will be very late arriving. These two have no respect for other people’s time. They are sweet girls and I’ve known them for years, one since they were in grade 7 and one since they were in grade 9 it’s the only complaint I have about them.

Have a great day everyone
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. LOG ALL FOOD :)
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full >:) emotional eating
    3. Eat what you want at lunch but correct portion size! >:) what I wanted
    4. Drink 6 waters :)
    5. Clean car, car wash and clean out >:)
    6. Clean house; dishwasher, countertops, sweep/vac, declutter :)
    7. Cook dinner at home :)
    8. Do 7 minute workout >:)
    9. Be kind and SMILE :)

JFT Sunday
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat when hungry, stop when full
    3. Do 7 minute workout
    4. Clean car; carwash and clean out
    5. Be kind and smile
  • michiwano
    michiwano Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    JFT 2/17/19

- Log all food
    - Get 30 minutes of cardio - I’ve got a tennis match today so this will be easy to do
    - Report progress/results at end of the day