JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I had a whole sob story typed out last night about how I'm feeling depressed. And I am. But shifting my focus to what will make me feel better, not what is making me feel bad. I wallowed and cried and ate to discomfort yesterday. I havent been logging my food. I was in the red every single day I was logging and that was discouraging. So I changed my goals to .5 lbs/week loss. I downloaded Johnson and Johnson 7 minute workout app. I've got great support at home - DH has really stepped up with emotional support and taking care of things around the homestead. I'm having a hard time committing to my usual 10 day challenges because I'm not on a regular schedule, so I'll add my weight here daily for accountability but to reduce stress of "failing" at my other challenge.

1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Pick up car
    5. Leave work around 4-4:30?
    6. Aunt's house for dinner - remember pot pie! Ask dad to preheat oven before I leave work
    7. Pick up heart shaped pizza for DH
    8. Do 7 minute workout
    9. Be kind and SMILE
    10. Weight = 183.0
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    So mad at myself! Matt brought home a package of peanut butter Oreos and I are half the pack. I was doing so well yesterday too!

Well today is a new day!

So for the rest of the day!

1. Stay calm and focused at work 😐 LM ticked me off
    2. Double check all of my work as I go.😑 Missed a signature
    3. Take a walk on my break😑 I took a quick one to the library and it was FREEZING out. I forgot my coat.
    4. Get up and move every hour😁 Most likely. I drank A LOT of water so I was in the bathroom a lot. Lol
    5. Gym after work.😁 Actually really proud of myself. Ran 2 km and walked 2 km.
    6. Figure out dinner.😆Pizza lol
    7. Dishes!!!!🤣😂😅
    8. Shower before bed😆Too tired. Did it this morning
    9. Bed by 1030 😁Before actually

So my coworker lost it on a customer late last night (granted she was being a b!tch) and is probably going to get fired. But she's my saving grace at this place. So if she gets fired I'm leaving. It's actually really kind of freeing knowing that I'm likely to either get fired or quit in the next couple of weeks. I've been putting my resume out all over the place and I'm hoping that I get a bite or two. But we'll be okay for a little while if I'm between jobs.

JFT, 2/14/19

1. Make it through work with a clear head
    2. Log all food
    3. Figure it dinner (I feel like I say this every single day)
    4. DISHES!!!!!!!
    5. Bed before 1030.

Have a great day everyone!

I must have missed some posts...I thought you were loving your job??
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - I've been using 365 Gratitude for a few weeks and I have noticed a measurable improvement in my overall mood. It can be a good idea to rethink your goals if you're consistently struggling to meet them. That's super frustrating! *hugs*

@nlmackey98 - Don't sweat it! This isn't a professional or academic setting, anyway. And I encourage my students to use spellcheck and other resources that are available to them. What irks me is when they just don't bother :P
  • toaljasa
    Options
    hello fellow sojourners!

I want to pass along a site that I am enjoying. It has two weeks of meal plans that include recipes and grocery lists, two weeks of professional-styled aerobics and strength training for all levels, which amounts to more than 14 videos. There is an opportunity to pay for more but I have yet to do so. It is a Christian site but you can easily skip over her daily motivation portion. The exercises are set to Christian music, but in reality, it is in the background and all I hear is the music...can't make out the lyrics. The workouts give me a really good...workout! But they are fun and a nice change of pace.

Faithfulworkouts.com sign up. Click on the Fitness tab, then 14 day kickstart. You'll see lots of info/links about the meal plans,etc. but if you keep scrolling you will see day 1-14 links. Just click on day 1 to get started. Here you will find a daily motivation portion (this will more than likely have a few Christian-based buzz words" :smile: ) and several exercise videos from which to choose, the daily meal plan, and a daily challenge. All for free! (And if you are interested there is a 40 day Bible study and she is currently leading a Bible study in the book of Galatians)

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I had a whole sob story typed out last night about how I'm feeling depressed. And I am. But shifting my focus to what will make me feel better, not what is making me feel bad. I wallowed and cried and ate to discomfort yesterday. I havent been logging my food. I was in the red every single day I was logging and that was discouraging. So I changed my goals to .5 lbs/week loss. I downloaded Johnson and Johnson 7 minute workout app. I've got great support at home - DH has really stepped up with emotional support and taking care of things around the homestead. I'm having a hard time committing to my usual 10 day challenges because I'm not on a regular schedule, so I'll add my weight here daily for accountability but to reduce stress of "failing" at my other challenge.

1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Pick up car
    5. Leave work around 4-4:30?
    6. Aunt's house for dinner - remember pot pie! Ask dad to preheat oven before I leave work
    7. Pick up heart shaped pizza for DH
    8. Do 7 minute workout
    9. Be kind and SMILE
    10. Weight = 183.0

You are evaluating and then modifying...great! What is working this week, may not next week, due to all kinds of circumstances...including our emotions or amount of motivation. For me, I had to do away with any kind of number goal. I still weigh but I'm not concerned with losing a set amount of weight each week/month/year...I'm more concerned with my "heart"--learning to be satisfied, learning discipline in logging and saying no, etc. This is what works for me---won't for everyone :)
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Don't be too hard on yourself. Is your glass half full or half empty? You look stunning in your dress and it fits beautifully plus you've identified a supportive DH. As you say, "smile" so try to take pleasure from the positives. I know I have no idea about the pressures you face that make the aforementioned challenging or unrealistic so sending you hugs.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    ... Hugs to everyone struggling
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    hello fellow sojourners!

I want to pass along a site that I am enjoying. It has two weeks of meal plans that include recipes and grocery lists, two weeks of professional-styled aerobics and strength training for all levels, which amounts to more than 14 videos. There is an opportunity to pay for more but I have yet to do so. It is a Christian site but you can easily skip over her daily motivation portion. The exercises are set to Christian music, but in reality, it is in the background and all I hear is the music...can't make out the lyrics. The workouts give me a really good...workout! But they are fun and a nice change of pace.

Faithfulworkouts.com sign up. Click on the Fitness tab, then 14 day kickstart. You'll see lots of info/links about the meal plans,etc. but if you keep scrolling you will see day 1-14 links. Just click on day 1 to get started. Here you will find a daily motivation portion (this will more than likely have a few Christian-based buzz words" :smile: ) and several exercise videos from which to choose, the daily meal plan, and a daily challenge. All for free! (And if you are interested there is a 40 day Bible study and she is currently leading a Bible study in the book of Galatians)

Peace and joy!

Thanks for sharing, I’m going to check this out!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - I've been using 365 Gratitude for a few weeks and I have noticed a measurable improvement in my overall mood. It can be a good idea to rethink your goals if you're consistently struggling to meet them. That's super frustrating! *hugs*

@nlmackey98 - Don't sweat it! This isn't a professional or academic setting, anyway. And I encourage my students to use spellcheck and other resources that are available to them. What irks me is when they just don't bother :P

@AJB1014 - I second the Gratitude journal. I was on and off antidepressants for 6 years and was finally able to get off them for over 1 year now thanks in part to remembering to be Grateful. I truly find a difference in my mood if I don’t do it for a few days. I read a book called the Gratitude Diaries by Janice Kaplan that got me interested in trying it.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    mwzmvk2rjboh.png

My husband and I purchased a personal finance program called Financial Peace University, by Dave Ramsey, to share with others who are wanting to take control of their finances. It's about a 9 week course. It will motivate and teach you how to get out of debt, step-by-step ways to get on a budget (he has a free online budget making site that is outstanding), and to plan and save for the future.

The course currently costs $129. The course we have is not the updated one, which is all online. This is the previous one that is on dvd. Same material just different medium and updated workbooks. If this is something of interest to you we would be happy to share it, for free, of course.

If you want to know more about it, just go to daveramsey.com and find Financial Peace University. He also has a daily radio program and there are many, many youtube videos with him giving answers to callers, etc. He is very plain spoken and doesn't mince words (just fyi!)

What we ask of you, besides committing to the course, is that you do not write in the workbook. This is the only one, and I can't purchase any more. You will need a spiral notebook or something similar. You will also need to commit to mailing it back to me when you finish.

I would prefer sending it to someone who has been on JFT since 2018 or earlier.

If you are interested, PM me, please. Again, this is free. No obligation to purchase anything, no one is going to be sending emails, calling you, etc.!

Peace and joy.
    rsm9iiwonkit.png
  • toaljasa
    Options

Thanks for sharing, I’m going to check this out!

Great! Let me know what you think about it...

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    >
    Thursday 14 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:) don't think so
    February challenge :)

Valentine's night with a difference; my husband is away so bought myself a supermarket valentines meal I and can use some of it for other meals. Just the cat for company tonight but he'd happily share the roast beef and the bed! Still in the green despite the glass of fizz for a long distance toast over Skype
  • MimiH84
    MimiH84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1st day:
    No more sodas all year. 4 bottles of 16.9floz water per day. :)
  • toaljasa
    Options
    MimiH84 wrote: »
    1st day:

Good for you! That is a great accomplishment. I've been off them for over a year...had a sip of Sprite the other day and cringed...too sickly sweet! Yuck!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    1st day:

Great choice!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend and I just went out for a Valentine's day cocktail.

We decided on different cocktails.

When I got to the bar, it was 2 for 1 on cocktails.... But only if you ordered the same one :o

Anyone want to guess what I ordered? >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
  • toaljasa
    Options

When I got to the bar, it was 2 for 1 on cocktails.... But only if you ordered the same one :o

2 G&T's?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    1st day:

Oh ---- I have been trying this goal for so long!!! I guess I just need to quit cold turkey also! I don't drink regular sodas ... but I drink too many diet pepsi's! let me know how you are doing it ... are you just giving it up totally!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    1st day:

Good for you! That is a great accomplishment. I've been off them for over a year...had a sip of Sprite the other day and cringed...too sickly sweet! Yuck!

Did you just quit ... or taper off! I want to stop the diet sodas, but I am having the hardest time doing it, since I do not drink coffee. This is my only source of caffeine -- and I hate tea!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Oh yes ... of course! 2 for you, and 2 for boyfriend! right!