Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 12 March

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:) only 3, a lack of planning/shopping meant limited choice
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge >:) not unless you count the scuttle between the station and the office. It definitely was not pleasant in the rain and heels and a straight skirt meant it took longer that I would have liked!

Sorry, there seem to be lots of posts tonight but I am sleepy and won't be able to read them. I've been interviewing today and that always wears me out. The lack of water is also likely to be a contributing factor. I either need to drink now and face a disturbed night or wake up with a thick head!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »

Mmmm...I really like sandwiches...especially ones I don't have to make! (Oh boy, so now this is in my head:)
    dz6yhh0cwq79.png

Good for you to stay in control of what you eat instead of those sandwiches being in control of your mind! My weight loss program recommends talking to yourself, or clapping once, stomping your foot, waving, whatever, to get moving in another direction when unwanted thoughts (food, negative, etc) try to worm their way into your mind. Several people have remarked that it helps.

Where do you find these cute little images ... I love this one about sandwiches! I never thought to clap, or stomp my foot ... I will try that tonite when I want to eat junk stuff. Lately I've been not necessarily having negative thoughts .. rather things like this won't hurt me because I've been good all day. But those kind of calories can add up!

Ha! That's actually a kids' song from a cd...heard it just a "few" times, lol! So, I figured someone had posted the lyrics, and they had.

I find myself eating out of entitlement or as a reward for doing well (it is an act of sabotage!!!) Hopefully, this will come to mind the next time I want to eat due to this stinkin' thinkin':
    ggviqxrwhaol.png

Peace and joy!

I do this too! I don’t even know why.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    My hungry self (who was not hungry at lunch time) has now gone to Walmart without buying Oreos. The Craft store without buying a Hershey Bar. The Dollar Store without buying a KitKat and the Convenience Store where I bought gum instead of a Little Debbie snack cake.

Boy I hope I have some calories left at the end of the day for a sweet treat. Hubby made frozen custard again and if I’m really judicious with my calories I might be able to crumble a Girl Scout cookie over it.

If I don’t have the calories, it with remind me why I go to the gym. Aside from my overall health and mental stability of course.

That is fantabulous!!!! Wow! You knocked it out of the ballpark!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

I have a job interview on Friday! It’s not even for a job I applied for. A recruiter for another job I had applied for contacted me and asked if I would be interested. Location and pay sound good and they are looking for someone long term. I’m the girl! I don’t want to be out of work for years and years again!

Anyway, I will not hold my breath but after 150+ resumes sent out I’m so happy to even get this far!

Woo-Hoo! At this point we are ecstatic with an interview. So happy for you...please keep us posted. Is this a commission based job???
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I completely failed to post this earlier!

Maryrobinson40- good news on the eye exam. What a busy day! Hope your daughters cut heals fast. Oh boy, what a morning with vehicle issues!

PackerfaninGB- I think my head would go to bad thoughts too if I had had cancer. Praying for you that all is well.

Clicketykeys - how long before you hear about the audition?

Aubyshortcake - do you get any notice for the extra half hour? That sucks, hopefully that’s the only change.

AJB1014 - are you still working two jobs?

Littleblackskirt- it’s so nice being close to your new Grandson isn’t it? You did well handling your sons visit and not eating your emotions.

Nlmackey98- I have days I feel thinner too and they never seem to coincide with a loss. Very weird!

I have a job interview on Friday! It’s not even for a job I applied for. A recruiter for another job I had applied for contacted me and asked if I would be interested. Location and pay sound good and they are looking for someone long term. I’m the girl! I don’t want to be out of work for years and years again!

Anyway, I will not hold my breath but after 150+ resumes sent out I’m so happy to even get this far!

Congrats on the job interview
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good night to all of you! Mary is drained. Turning in early.
    I did get over 3,500 steps today. Started drinking homemade Oatmeal, Green Apple, and lemon
    Smoothie... Thought I was eating baby food. It did keep me full. I am absolutely determined to slim down
    by July.
    Love and Teddy Bear Hugs Everyone 🐻
    😴😴
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Long day two out of the way! If the weather isn't terrible, I plan to take a walk after work tomorrow since it will be warm enough and light enough! Day went okay, did a quick workout this morning. Had a few tough sessions at the end of the day but not too bad. Bachelor finale was a bit letdown but ah well. Now to turn my full attention onto catching up on GOT!

JFT (3/12)
    drink 80 oz. water ✅
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups ✅
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories ✅
    exercise 30 minutes-I got 15 minutes in, pretty good for a long day!
    go to bed between 9-10 ✅
    track all food/exercise ✅
    post on JFT ✅

JFT (3/13)
    drink 80 oz. water
    eat recommended servings of the 5 food groups
    stay between 1.2-1.4k calories
    exercise 30 minutes
    go to bed between 9-10 (night before)
    track all food/exercise
    post on JFT
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

JFT, Tues
    1. get to the gym :)
    2. jan challenge =-8+ water :)
    3. feb challenge - one evening snack. It is OK to be a little hungry at nite ... just go to bed, or tell myself that everything is closed, and don't even go near the kitchen. Brush/floss teeth :):) I had some little crackers .. actually counted out 37 which was 1 serving. and have been drinking water all nite.I think I drank 5 glasses of water :s Which means I may be up all nite!
    4. mar challenge - if not raining, go out for a walk :) It was very windy and very cold, so only walked around the block. But got my 15 minutes in.
    5. mindful eating .... I am finding this much easier. I think eating more protein is helping me a lot! :) Hubby wanted a arbys roast beef for lunch which I picked up. I was looking to see what I could have ... and decided to just make myself a chicken sandwich at home. That way I could use the Lite wheat bread I had, and just some sliced deli turkey. It was just as good .. not nearly as many calories!
    6. sip on water in the evening. :) Yes ... will be up all nite!

JFT, Wed
    1. go to the gym
    2. jan challenge =8+ water
    3. feb challenge = only 1 evening snack. Then brush teeth, have my glass of water handy. It is OK to go to bed slightly hungry!
    4. mar challenge -- if not raining, 15 min walk outside
    5. mindful eating

• mytime6630
    Options

Congrats on the job interview!! I will be thinking of you friday, and sending positive vibes ( and some prayers!).
  • mytime6630
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    My hungry self (who was not hungry at lunch time) has now gone to Walmart without buying Oreos. The Craft store without buying a Hershey Bar. The Dollar Store without buying a KitKat and the Convenience Store where I bought gum instead of a Little Debbie snack cake.

Boy I hope I have some calories left at the end of the day for a sweet treat. Hubby made frozen custard again and if I’m really judicious with my calories I might be able to crumble a Girl Scout cookie over it.

If I don’t have the calories, it with remind me why I go to the gym. Aside from my overall health and mental stability of course.

Wow --- this is great!! I'm not sure I could have gone all those places, and not given in! And to choose gum instead of something sweet! So proud of you... Great job!!! Now you can have that yummy treat (homemade frozen custard ... definitely worth saving calories for!!).
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Happy Wednesday! I’m up having a coffee trying to prepare myself for my run this morning. There’s a gale blowing out there but it’s dry and won’t be tomorrow so today will have to be the day! I managed 9k last week and could have kept going if I hadn’t run out of time. Really want to push for a full 10K this morning but I haven’t run in winds like this before and I’m dreading it!

Otherwise I’ve stayed on track with goals. I feel like this Lent sugar-ban has been super helpful. Guess I’m naturally better at abstaining than moderating which I would like to work on (WOTY balance). But for now I’m staying off the sweet stuff but making sure I’m eating plenty of other good stuff so I’m not in feeling deprived.

Tuesday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Buy veggies on way to work ✅
    - Call venue for party food booking ✅
    - Email SLT re Africa partnership school ✅
    - Email 5A re buddy reading groups ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car ✅
    - Leave work on time for hot yoga ✅
    - Online grocery shopping (cake ingredients) ❎
    - Early night! Bed by 9. ❎ More like 10

Wednesday goals:
    - online grocery shopping (cake/party stuff) ✅ already done
    - Morning run (wish me luck!)
    - Leave cash for piano teacher
    - Early to work (staff choir and handover to planning cover teacher)
    - Book ceramic painting cafe session for Sunday
    - Chase venue re food order
    - Planning time: start data, 1x snack only
    - Homework with L straight after work
    - Buy present for A
    - Early night!! Let’s try again for bed by 9.

@nlmackey98 and @mytime6630 - well done on resisting temptations!
    @snowflake1968 - great news on the interview! So happy for you and will have everything crossed for Friday. Lots of smiley faces on your posts too.

Wishing those who are unwell better and - to quote our fab cheerleader @toaljasa - peace and joy to you all! X
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB thinking of you while you wait for your test results

@snowflake1968. Good luck with your interview

I have read back through the last day or so and seen many successes leading to better physical and emotional health. Hugs to those of you who are feeling the pressure. Thanks for the inspiration and the reminders that small daily positive changes can have an impact.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Wednesday 13 March

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Rubbish day yesterday. Work is really irritating at the moment. I'm working on difficult things, with no direction or help, and I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. Half my day is meetings, generally about things that annoy me (like yesterday's team meeting where we discussed how we can adapt to the new policy where everyone is going to be forced to work out of the office 2 days a week), so I never progress anything. I feel totally out of control, which I hate, being a control deal and all. People are constantly flapping and dumping problems on me, reducing my control even further as I get pulled away from the few things I do actually know I have to do. And it's increasingly clear that life in the new organisation is just about sucking up to the new management and not about doing a good job or making a difference.

My response to this yesterday? Eating burgers, crisps and chocolate. Bad Sarah.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - 3+ bottles water :/
    - No alcohol :/

- No eating whilst standing :/
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :/
    - Give myself credit! :/

- 45 minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Catch up on emails :smile:
    - Stay positive :/
    - 2+ of French book, article, podcast :/
    - Finish work by 7pm latest :smile:
    - Holiday planning/ 7 habits :/
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights off by 11 :/

I need to somehow pull this back and stop getting so upset by it all, or at least stop responding to being upset by eating/drinking. My weight is not going downwards and in fact it's slightly creeping upwards. I'm super good on lots of days but I have too many days where I slip off the rails and go way over.

Not quite sure how to fix it, will give it some thought over the next few days. I'm reading the 7 habits of effective people at the moment, which is really good and has some really relevant things to say about focusing on what you can control, and having a clear sense of your priorities so that you can figure out what isn't and isn't important easier. Lots of it is relevant to me - will have a think about how I can apply the habits within my life.

Initial thoughts are:
    - Spending some time in reflection at the start of each day, identify the one thing I want to get done that day above anything else and doing it
    - Get ruthless about rejecting meetings
    - Switch to working 9 in 10 days rather than 4 in 5. The hours I have to work when I do in 4 in 5 are just too long and I think it wears me down (and leaves me vulnerable to binging at the end of the day).

Will look at applying these and then see what else I can do.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - Run to work

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Leave work at 5.15pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Train home by 22.15
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

So pleased to hear about this! I hope it goes well for you. It feels like a good sign that the recruiter got in touch with you?

Will be crossing all of my fingers and toes for you on Friday!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time working full time, and finding the energy to take care of myself. Last week I traveled three days for work and got completely off track. This week I am travelling every day. I was sick all weekend with a migraine, so clearly my hydration is off. So I guess my word for the week is perseverance.

Cry me a river.

This seems unnecessarily rude in response to this post.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just for today..
    Log everything
    Retain perspective
    Be grateful.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. AM run. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites.
    3. Class 1-2: Finish projects. Grammarly! Introduce and evaluate paragraphs. Grade 10 projects. HW: 27 Poetry / compounds. 1st block - TABLE 5 NEEDS TO PUT DESKS BACK.
    4. Planning: A - Call parents; discussion comments. B - Grade homework and projects at duty. C - Input grades. D - Call parents; draft essay. Therapy exercises.
    5. Class 4: Grammarly / essay work. Further practice on NoRedInk.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Bodypump 5:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. QUIZ. French meeting? Recycling? Used bookstore?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Print progress reports THURSDAY for FRIDAY. Check callback list Wednesday noon.

JFT Wednesday
    1. AM run: 2.5 miles (15 laps). Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm car.
    2. Before school: Update class websites.
    3. Class 1-2: Print poetry projects; read to partner. Homework: 28 Poem Comparison / Compounds. Socratic Thursday.
    4. Planning: A - Draft essay. B - Grade homework and projects. C - Enter grades. Parent calls. D - Blog post - poetry lesson.
    5. Class 4: Print Medal essay. Read to partner. Make corrections and print 2 clean copies. Presentations tomorrow. (Staple rubrics) Homework - compound sentences practice.
    6. Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Strength class 4:30. Lang8 post. Read 6 pages of Capital. Read 10 pages of Ivanhoe.
    8. Gratitude journal. Update Goodreads Friday. QUIZ. Library for D?
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Print progress reports THURSDAY for FRIDAY. Check callback list Wednesday noon.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 187.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

WFTY: Climbing. Last night things went a bit off-kilter, and I went for a walk instead of to strength class (SO tired) but I did get the recycling done and found one of the books I was looking for at the used bookstore. Was ticked to find another one was only a few cents off the full price for a new copy. Didn't buy that one. :P Also visited my parents a bit.

@bookmeister86 - That sounds like a rough situation. :( It seems like everyone else is stressed too, and it's just a tornado of unpleasantness. When you say "work out of the office," where would you be working from if you weren't there? Would you get to stay home?
    @Snowflake1968 - So glad to hear about the interview! Fingers crossed. The callback list for my auditions should be posted today by noon, cast list Friday.
    @Faebert - Congrats on your run! I'm about to go out this morning but I didn't have my music player charged so I'm doing this first. ;D no 10k for me, though! I probably won't even manage 5 ;p
    @jeschepp - I'm SO glad the weather is getting nicer! It's been gloppy for far too long!
    @PackerFanInGB - We'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted on the test results.