Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    MimiH84 wrote: »
    1st day:
    No more sodas all year. 4 bottles of 16.9floz water per day. :)

Good for you! That is a great accomplishment. I've been off them for over a year...had a sip of Sprite the other day and cringed...too sickly sweet! Yuck!

Did you just quit ... or taper off! I want to stop the diet sodas, but I am having the hardest time doing it, since I do not drink coffee. This is my only source of caffeine -- and I hate tea!

Began tapering off about 3 years ago. Got them out of the house. I started buying one a week from the gas station fountain. Then it went to once a month, and then only when traveling long distance. Last year when I started on this journey I ended it completely. I buy LaCroix fizzy water and am very satisfied with them. I don't even drink them while traveling...I'll get a sweet tea or just water. Sorry the long answer---
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I have given up Coke 95% of the time. I just don’t buy it and bring it home. I do occasionally have one when I am eating out. I find though, if I have one I crave more for three or four days and if I give in on one of those days it’s hard to stop.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Great Day... I posted goals and they disappeared... Oh well.
    I had a blessed day. First... I woke up... Yippeeee!
    I freshened up, got dressed, walked girls to the bus stop
    Came back home, watched a little news, sent Valentine wishes,
    Took a nap, talked on the phone, got a card and candy from my separated
    husband, took my brother home, visited a friend who has neen going to
    the kidney center, went to the post office, received a card and chocolates from
    A friend who lives in Hawaii, went to McDonalds to get my grandson his kids meal,
    Came back home, and now this.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @mytime6630 - I have given up Coke 95% of the time. I just don’t buy it and bring it home. I do occasionally have one when I am eating out. I find though, if I have one I crave more for three or four days and if I give in on one of those days it’s hard to stop.

I recall when I had been drinking coke for a few days and would quit, I would get headaches. And when I had tapered off to just having it every 8 weeks or so, the diet coke would make my legs go rather numb. And that also helped me to push myself to break the habit.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

I recall when I had been drinking coke for a few days and would quit, I would get headaches. And when I had tapered off to just having it every 8 weeks or so, the diet coke would make my legs go rather numb. And that also helped me to push myself to break the habit.

Wow - the numbness in the legs would scare me. My problem is the caffeine ... but also headaches when I try and quit. Hubby tells me I need to learn to like coffee! But ... I know I need to quit drinking this stuff. ... after all, I know it is nothing but chemicals. I just have been unable to stop. Guess I need to try harder!
  • toaljasa
    Options

Wow - the numbness in the legs would scare me. My problem is the caffeine ... but also headaches when I try and quit. Hubby tells me I need to learn to like coffee! But ... I know I need to quit drinking this stuff. ... after all, I know it is nothing but chemicals. I just have been unable to stop. Guess I need to try harder!

I really think, if I can be a sarge in charge, that getting it out of your house is the best thing to get started. It is tough the first three days...oh, I am remembering now...I bought a 2 liter and would take a swig of it when I would need a jolt. It lasted several days. Then that was it. I didn't let any more in the house. The headaches are probably from the caffeine. Personally, I would not start on coffee. Get it out of your system. You can do this...add it to your discipline!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend and I just went out for a Valentine's day cocktail.

We decided on different cocktails.

When I got to the bar, it was 2 for 1 on cocktails.... But only if you ordered the same one :o

Anyone want to guess what I ordered? >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Sex on the beach lol?
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    13ecca4 wrote: »
    JFT - Thursday

Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal. ✅
    Eat veg at lunch and tea time. ✅
    15,000 steps✅
    Drink 2 bottles of water.✅

JFT - Friday
    Log all my food on MFP and stay under my calorie goal.
    15,000 steps
    Drink 2 bottles of water.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Late posting this morning! Actually running late with everything but last day before the half term one-week break and I’m demob happy and don’t care! 😉

A good if hectic day yesterday. We had a whole school creative writing day and mixed up the classes so I had 5-11 year olds which was different but fun. Plus a leaver’s lunch and I avoided all treats - win!

Thursday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ Yes!! Shaved 3 minutes off my time for the route, hit fastest 5k and fastest mile records according to my Garmin 😀
    - Buy food for leavers’ lunch on way to work ✅
    - Make labels on arrival at work ✅
    - Mention after school clubs at morning meeting ✅
    - Home @lunch for car? ✅
    - Show and Tell reminder to class ✅
    - Finish medium term plan ✅
    - Pharmacy and health food store after work ✅
    - book yoga ✅
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Get class to make Get Well Soon card for I
    - Email re I injury
    - Email replies to parents
    - Home lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Rest!

Happy Friday all! X
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend and I just went out for a Valentine's day cocktail.

We decided on different cocktails.

When I got to the bar, it was 2 for 1 on cocktails.... But only if you ordered the same one :o

Anyone want to guess what I ordered? >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)

Oh yes ... of course! 2 for you, and 2 for boyfriend! right!

Of course! :wink:

His face when I brought back four was hilarious :smiley: it was like "I'm surprised and yet not surprised at all...."

@Bex953172 Sadly Sex on the Beach was not available.... We do live in a city after all! Had some very tasty gingerbread ones. They were remarkably strong!!!

The good thing is that we actually stopped at these four cocktails. We'd been talking about buying some ice cream, but the four cocktails (1) made us too lazy to walk to the shop (2) took longer to drink so that the shop would have been closed anyway.

So really, they were a sensible decision. :p
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 15 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »

JFT 2/14/19
    Make it thru difficult phone conference with one of my brothers & attorney during my lunch break. 👍
    Don't binge or go off the deep end with food. 😓
    Red cup challenge 😞
    Go to bed by 1am 😞

JFT 2/15/19 Fri.
    *Make it thru workday-coworker out which means almost twice as much work for me--not the same effect on him when I'm out due to nature of my job. He cant do the things I do;however, I can do his work-just don't like it.
    *red cup challenge
    *stay in the green
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Update JFT by 7:00. Warm up the car if needed.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. PRINT PROJECT GUIDELINES AND RUBRIC.
    3. Class 1-2: Review dialogue formatting ("Good Life") and subject complements. Review tenses. 15 minutes to revise / rewrite Reflection 18. Project work. HW - Hero-Villain REVISION - correct dialogue, consistent tense, subject complements.
    4. Planning: A - Gratitude journal. Review plans. B - Grade homeworks. C - Enter grades. D - Comment on 2 blogs.
    5. Class 4: Check printouts. Medal of Freedom research - find sources, copy-paste info, and create Works Cited.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Wash clothes. Ask on Twitter for edublog recs.
    8. Update Goodreads Friday. Blog post.
    9. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Warm up car and take gum.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Put first directions on board. Update Goodreads. Check in with B.
    3. Class 1-2: Analysis project. No HW. Collect "Good Life" and put away.
    4. Planning: A - PARENT CALLS (see bottom left drawer). Turn in reports. B - Grade student work. C - TAKE WORK FOR 1-2 TO CAR. D - COLLECT ALL CORDS.
    5. Class 4: Paraphrasing and research. Grammar: Verb phrases. No HW. TAKE GRADING TO CAR.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run after school? Check in with dr. about progress on ankle. Pack tea! Check on FTN auditions (Feb 19-21 last yr)
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Visit Z Saturday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Friday - check in with dr. about progress on ankle. Calculus practice this weekend?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    Today: 184.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays!
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Feb 7 12:00 w new. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for FTN (Feb?) Audition for Avenue Q March. Audition for Christie March. Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.

Made it through Valentine's Day without too much trouble. Had a red velvet cupcake and some cinnamon apple cider that my department head made for us - she rocks! And I sweet-talked a student out of a Sour Patch watermelon piece. ONE PIECE. I don't think I was being unreasonable, since he had a 2-lb bag ;D
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's day!

We had a nice time at dinner but man am I exhausted this morning (it's an hour and a half drive each way to and from Tampa). It was worth it though, it was the first time we actually went on a real double date with my husband's brother and his fiancee without anyone else so it was really nice.

I was also happy (ha) to see that they have a little bit smaller portions so I could clean my plate and still snack on other goodies at the table 😂😂.

Yesterday 2/14:

1. Stay within 2500 calories 😁😁
    2. Go for a walk at lunch😞 this was just poor time management, I didn't get ready fast enough in the morning to do my makeup so I had to do it at lunch time
    3. Leave work before 5:10 (have to drive to Tampa)😁 boss actually let us leave a little early so that was nice!

JFT 2/15:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for a walk at lunch
    3. Leave work before 5:30
    4. Workout after work
  • gallowaylinda05
    gallowaylinda05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First day, walk every day
    Record every bite I put in my mouth
    Weigh every week
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Recap
    1. LOG ALL FOOD :)
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Pick up car :)
    5. Leave work around 4-4:30? :)
    6. Aunt's house for dinner - remember pot pie! Ask dad to preheat oven before I leave work :)
    7. Pick up heart shaped pizza for DH :)
    8. Do 7 minute workout :)
    9. Be kind and SMILE :)
    10. Weight = 183.0

JFT Friday
    1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Drink 6 waters at work
    5. Leave work around 4-4:30?
    6. Finish WIP spreadsheet
    7. Cook dinner at home
    8. Do 7 minute workout
    9. Be kind and SMILE
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday February 14 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in Green - 😕
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 😈
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 😕

JFT - Friday February 15 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

I have Kaitlyns main invitation wording all printed. I still need to print the little information cards for the inside pocket, but I’m waiting for information first. Today I have to go find 16 more rolls of lace, and stain 100 wooden hearts.

Hubby went to be a model for Kaitlyn yesterday, he looks 10 years younger. I wish he he would see how much better he looks with hair kept shorter and tidy.

We did nothing for Valentine’s he didn’t even say Happy Valentine’s, I did though.

Have a great day everyone.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert - Have a great last day before break. Great job on the run time record.

Bookmeister86- seems like you had a good Valentine’s. Glad you enjoyed it.

Elbee1- that doesn’t seem like a fair trade off. Hope your day isn’t too stressful.

Clicketykeys- I don’t think you were unreasonable at all, he should have offered the sour patch.

Aubyshortcake- glad you had a nice dinner.

Ajb1014 - look at all those smiles.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap R 2/14 ~ Happy Valentine's Day!!! <3 Hubby and I don't really celebrate, other than exchange cards & maybe go out to dinner some other evening soon. No candy temptations. Today I have lunch event (see #3) and won't see hubby (he was sleeping when I left for work, he'll be at work when I get home & I'll be asleep when he gets home). Planning to message him sometime today. <3
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,088 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 37 floors :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged w/ wiggle room (yay) / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals green 70 :smiley: , sodium green (wow), sugar -5, fiber & protein good, 14c water (yay)
    3) We finally have plenty of snow! Weekly workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime / change/leave on time (slight change in location) / lunch at desk before or after = Had a great time! We saw otter tracks. Trekking in deep snow that was starting to get packy is work, and I broke a sweat. :sweat_smile:
    4) After work: optometrist to get new lenses in glasses :smiley: / choir 6:30 :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / read Sunday ads :s nope / other to-do's? :s nope
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :s (treadmill F a.m.)

JFT F 2/15 ~ Felt exhausted when early alarm rang & decided today is rest day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks (mostly) prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Complete observation write-ups / prep for inquiries section / organize w/p's
    4) Prep attendee list, survey & email reminders for next week's seminar / conf call w/ K
    5) Meal plan & grocery list / read Sunday ads / other to-do's?
    6) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 11:00 (no alarm Sat.)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 - I love that youre making her invitations! I remember the sample you did and they are so lovely! Good luck on the lace and hearts hunt!