JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    So after all this job hunting - I'm getting called back to full time "hopefully by March 4" - I decided I'm going to take the position at the pool store I used to work at for another 20 hours a week for some extra money for a few months to make up for this dent we've put in the rainy day fund. I'll still have Sundays off and I've already requested all the wedding/travel time off I need. I'm actually excited to start back in retail and have some social interaction. Unfortunately DH is working on my one day off - but we've discussed it and we're okay with it as a temporary situation if it puts us in a better financial position, we always make it work! 60 hours a week is daunting but the busier I am the more organized and methodical I get and both places are very flexible, I have PTO at both and vacation time at my main job. I downloaded Gratitude 365, love it! Thank you @clicketykeys! What a difference a day makes?!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    First day, walk every day
    Record every bite I put in my mouth
    Weigh every week

Is Galloway your surname?!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm rather late to the game today... It's been one of those Fridays that feels more like a Monday. Anyway, goals
    • Get up early enough to get the dogs to the kennel and make it to the Fun with Science show at Catholic Elementary. :( I woke up before my alarm but thought I'd take those last 15 minutes and close my eyes. Woke up about 45 minutes later. Cue the running around like a mad woman. Made it to the school only about 15 minutes late, but still in time to help set up.
    • Give the FWS presentation. :) This will always be one of my favorite parts of my job. Bonus no one caught on fire and only 2 kids cried during the pyrotechnics portion.
    • Be good at lunch with the guys. :| Yes and no. I was good there, but then I had M&Ms when I got back to work.
    • Try not to be overwhelmed by trying to fit a whole day of work into half a day of time. :| Not doing so great on this one today. Decided to take a break and do this to settle a little before I buy more M&Ms.
    • Try not to sound like a scared little girl when talking to the contractor installing our new floors. There are things I want changed, but when I'm unfamiliar with things I back down way too easily. Funny because I very steady with things I'm familiar with.
    • Exercise... Honestly I was going to skip it, but didn't want to put that out there. Its better if I say I'll do at least 30 minutes of something today.
    • Dinner... I guess I'll just try to stay within calories today.
    • I'm a mess, I can't even imagine what my evening will be like. How about I just try to skip the alcohol tonight.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I couldn't resist making the animal lovers smile... This picture got me😂
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I couldn't resist making the animal lovers smile... This picture got me😂

Thank you for your joyful daily pictures. They certainly make me smile <3
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I'm rather late to the game today... It's been one of those Fridays that feels more like a Monday. Anyway, goals
    • Get up early enough to get the dogs to the kennel and make it to the Fun with Science show at Catholic Elementary. :( I woke up before my alarm but thought I'd take those last 15 minutes and close my eyes. Woke up about 45 minutes later. Cue the running around like a mad woman. Made it to the school only about 15 minutes late, but still in time to help set up.
    • Give the FWS presentation. :) This will always be one of my favorite parts of my job. Bonus no one caught on fire and only 2 kids cried during the pyrotechnics portion.
    • Be good at lunch with the guys. :| Yes and no. I was good there, but then I had M&Ms when I got back to work.
    • Try not to be overwhelmed by trying to fit a whole day of work into half a day of time. :| Not doing so great on this one today. Decided to take a break and do this to settle a little before I buy more M&Ms.
    • Try not to sound like a scared little girl when talking to the contractor installing our new floors. There are things I want changed, but when I'm unfamiliar with things I back down way too easily. Funny because I very steady with things I'm familiar with.
    • Exercise... Honestly I was going to skip it, but didn't want to put that out there. Its better if I say I'll do at least 30 minutes of something today.
    • Dinner... I guess I'll just try to stay within calories today.
    • I'm a mess, I can't even imagine what my evening will be like. How about I just try to skip the alcohol tonight.

So I take it, M&M's is a fav? I know the peanut ones are mine, and when they came out with the almond
    M&M's I thought I was living high on the hog... Lol…. Anyway... I'm Mary...glad you joined us. Have A great
    weekend 🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I Am Happy. It's been a lighter week for me. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I may just go
    on a date with myself. If not this weekend very soon. I'm learning to be good to myself. Taking
    down time helps me with balance in my day. The anxiousness of trying to squeeze everything into
    a single day can leave a person drained, frustrated, and less fulfilled. What I'm taking away with me from
    this week is to leave some drops of Me for Me. It's good to be good to one's self in the course of being
    good to others.
    Enjoy your weekend Everyone. Lots of love hugs and kisses... Mary🙏😅
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 15 February

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) just over but the glass of wine was good and I should still be within my maintenance calories As I am in the middle of my maintenance weight range I'm ok with this :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 - One day never defines us. *hugs* Get some rest, and keep trying. I'm right there with you - started my run today. Then at 1.5 miles my body went NOPE WE'RE DONE and I got dizzy, which hasn't happened during exercise before. So I came home and lounged around and now it's bedtime. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    I give up for today. I don’t think I made a single positive choice when it came to diet and exercise. Days like today are what got me to 200lb in my 20s. I’m trying to say “It’s one day, let it go”, but I feel defeated today.

2000: 200 - heavy drinker and smoker. Bar food was my diet. I topped out at 200lb
    2001: pregnant - changed life style
    2002: 140s
    2004-5: pregnant - only gained 20
    2006: 130s - taught fitness classes
    2010: 120s - started riding bikes continued to teach fitness classes. Went back to work full time.

2012: 105-115 - started racing bikes- time trials

2014: 130s - all consuming work project
    2015: 160s - fairly serious emotional distress.

First half 2018: 120s - negative emotional energy but started exercising again.

Second half of 2018: 140-150 - all consuming work project.

2019: trying again to find balance.
    CW 140.1 GW 115...

I’m not 200lb anymore and never will be again unless I let today define me.

But you did end on a high note. You came on here. You aren't hiding. You aren't giving up (otherwise you wouldn't be here :smiley: And tomorrow is another day! So, it sounds like you are weak right now...I suggest getting rid of the landmines that may be lurking in your pantry and fridge. Don't play the "I'm stronger than this bag of chips (potato, chocolate, white, peanut butter" if you are highly vulnerable. It's a sign of strength to be able to toss. And you are strong!

Peace and joy--

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @nlmackey98 it’s not the one bad day that defines you, it is that history you posted of a person who turned her life around and has a great track record of improving fitness and bouncing back from challenges. That is what should define you. And it is that which should reassure you that an off-day is just that, not anything more than a stumble in the road.

Hugs to you - I hope you don’t beat yourself up any more and have a better day today x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I had a less than stellar end to the day yesterday - my “f-it Friday” tendency kicked in! But I did work out in the morning and then in the afternoon did a 1 mile jog with my class so not a complete washout.

Today I’ve woken early and will do a home workout ahead of a busy day with the kids. Their dad is away on a long trip so this is I think the third or fourth weekend in a row where I have them and any gym/yoga classes are a no-no as I don’t have childcare at the weekends. Haven’t seen the bf since mid January and have the kids next weekend too so it will be March when I can next see him. My kids take priority though so I will focus on having a good week off school with them, try and stay active and positive and hopefully be in a good head space when I next have time to myself!

Friday goals recap:
    - morning workout ✅
    - Get class to make Get Well Soon card for I ✅
    - Email re I injury ✅
    - Email replies to parents ✅
    - Home lunchtime for car ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ❎
    - Rest!✅

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Get kids ready (L going to theatre with my sis later
    - Jog with kids down to cafe and to buy groceries. Buy bday card for mum
    - Sort kids - L to meet sis, P to play date
    - make Mum’s bday cake
    - Laundry - ugh there is loads to do!
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Plenty of water (flush out last night’s indulgences!)
    - Early night

Hope you all have a great start to the weekend x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday 16 February

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge

I'm going shopping at the outlet centre to choose new crockery. Ours was a wedding present and is now over 30 years old and the pattern is almost washed off the regularly used items! Of course I will have to look in the other shops as well .... Today's excercise will be walking to the station and around the shops.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 977 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I haven't posted all week. Haven't given up, just haven't been well and had nothing to report. I've still logged every day and have done okay. No exercise and no vegetables all week!

So Just For the Weekend

Remember I've lost a pound this week and do not put it back on over the weekend
    Rest
    Lots of fluids
    Tidy bedroom

Is anyone else having trouble with the "check in" page on mfp? I put in my weight but the "save changes" button is not working for me. Putting in a loss is the best bit on this site! No good if it doesn't register.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »

JFT 2/15/19 Fri.
    *Make it thru workday-coworker out which means almost twice as much work for me--not the same effect on him when I'm out due to nature of my job. He cant do the things I do;however, I can do his work-just don't like it. 🙂
    *red cup challenge 😞
    *stay in the green 😞

JFT sat. 2/16/19

*Weigh
    *caregivers check made & mailed
    *stay in the green (challenges: Bat Mitzvah & may be making special dinner tonight)
    *red cup challenge
    *find important papers
    *email important papers
    (make special dinner (?) - not sure if I'll do that or not, yet. Sorry no time for details.)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, food hygiene question for you all..

I took 4 breasts of chicken out on wednesday morning, 2 i left in zip seal bag in cold water to defrost for that evenings dinner. The other two i put in the fridge in a zip seal bag to finish defrosting.

So question 1. Is the defrosted chicken still going to be okay to use for tonight (Saturday)

Question 2. On wednesday evening i made a chicken stew, all that went in the pan was chicken, carrots, onion, seasoning, stock pots, potatoes, and some cornflour to thicken the sauce.
    The left over from that meal i pug in a tupperware and in the fridge (once it had cooled) will that still be okay to eat? Or better yet whizz up for a soup and reheat?
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    JFT Friday recap
    1. LOG ALL FOOD :)
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full >:) late night snacking
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Drink 6 waters at work :)
    5. Leave work around 4-4:30? :)
    6. Finish WIP spreadsheet :)
    7. Cook dinner at home :)
    8. Do 7 minute workout :)
    9. Be kind and SMILE :)

JFT Saturday
    1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Eat when hungry - stop when full
    3. Eat what you want at lunch but correct portion size!
    4. Drink 6 waters
    5. Clean car, car wash and clean out
    6. Clean house; dishwasher, countertops, sweep/vac, declutter
    7. Cook dinner at home
    8. Do 7 minute workout
    9. Be kind and SMILE
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a busy day today, so I'll type out more later, or maybe tomorrow.

Here's yesterday 2/15:

1. Stay within calorie goal 😊 went over by like 17, not a big deal to me
    2. Go for a walk at lunch 😁
    3. Leave work before 5:30😁
    4. Workout after work😁

JFT 2/16:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Get minimum 4,000 steps
    3. File taxes