JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• anncah
    anncah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Reading following the success that others have had is a big help for sure, thanks to all.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food👍
    2. Meditate 👍
    3. Drink 150oz water👍
    4. One healthy snack after dinner👍

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Meditate
    4. One healthy snack after dinner
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 No, no notice unfortunately. Congrats on the job interview and good luck!! 💖💖
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! The boss is away at a convention for the rest of the week so it's just my colleague and I. We work really well and efficiently together, so I'm looking forward to it being just her and I so I can collect myself and my thoughts a bit.

@PackerFanInGB you are in my thoughts 💖💖

@bookmeister86 I'm sorry to hear about all the frustration you're feeling at work, I hope things improve for you as well!

Yesterday 3/12:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Go for walk at lunch😁
    3. Leave work by 5:15😁
    4. Workout after work😁

JFT 3/13:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Go for walk at lunch
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Put away clean laundry
    5. Wash a load of laundry
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

Because you did this, you had a successful day...and I would guess that you and your son had a more enjoyable or strainfree visit which is always a win. I think it's more difficult in some ways to have grown up kids, or maybe just different challenges.

Peace and joy.

We did have a good visit. My main aim now is not to put any more stress on him, and keep his visits relaxed. Already had a long phone call this morning, very calm and encouraging. It's not his fault his mother would have organized everything much faster :)
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    My hungry self (who was not hungry at lunch time) has now gone to Walmart without buying Oreos. The Craft store without buying a Hershey Bar. The Dollar Store without buying a KitKat and the Convenience Store where I bought gum instead of a Little Debbie snack cake.

Boy I hope I have some calories left at the end of the day for a sweet treat. Hubby made frozen custard again and if I’m really judicious with my calories I might be able to crumble a Girl Scout cookie over it.

Well done on the self control! I like the international feel to this thread - I've had KitKats, but haven't heard of any of the other snacks. Now wondering what they're like and thinking I'd love frozen custard lol.

Littleblackskirt- it’s so nice being close to your new Grandson isn’t it? You did well handling your sons visit and not eating your emotions.

I have a job interview on Friday! It’s not even for a job I applied for. A recruiter for another job I had applied for contacted me and asked if I would be interested. Location and pay sound good and they are looking for someone long term. I’m the girl! I don’t want to be out of work for years and years again!

Yes its lovely being close by, I live very close so I'm very convenient for baby and dog sitting. And now that I work less hours I have the time to help. I had him yesterday evening as parents were going food shopping and it was still very stormy out.

I have everything crossed for your interview on Friday x

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT 12th March

Eat sensibly (ie. under maintenance)Yes
    Vegetables! Yes
    Back exercises Did a few
    Pay bills Yes
    Visit parents Yes
    Food shopping Yes
    Walk? No, was very stormy, there are trees down

JFT 13th March

Eat sensibly (under maintenance)
    Vegetables
    Back exercises
    Housework
    One extra cleaning job
    March challenge - walk

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    TACKLE IT TUESDAY
    CHALLENGE TAKE ONE SMALL THING YOU'VE BEEN PUTTING OFF AND JUST DO IT!!
    💪 😀👏👏👏👏
    LET'S GOOOOO!

Thank you, thank you for this!

It inspired me to clear away a pile of "difficult" papers from my table. They've been there about 4 months! I'm so happy with my clear table :)

YIPPIEEEEE!!! I am sooo happy about your achievement!!! And If I were there I'd bring you flowers
    to show you how proud I am of you! That's what your life means to me. You ARE SO VERY IMPORTANT!
    YOU ARE NEEDED IN THIS LIFE! YOU ARE VALUABLE👏👏👏💝 Thank you for sharing this! You are
    my sister and I WANT/NEED/ you to LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I want to scream. I had a huge post replying to so many of you. And the app just glitched and sent me to my home page. Aaaaaggghhhh!!!

I love you💖
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    atc62tciwae1.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    jkyavqly58ch.jpg
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I want to scream. I had a huge post replying to so many of you. And the app just glitched and sent me to my home page. Aaaaaggghhhh!!!

I love you💖

Love you, Mary!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Ack. So the server was down at work this morning so I took that time to update and reach out. Unfortunately that didnt work out so trying again! Because that is my theme in life lately; try, try again - if it doesn't work one way try another!

Been busy (arent we all?) lots of family commitments. Keeping up with my aunt after she had surgery - she's doing really well! She has no kids and has always been so good to us nieces and nephews I'm happy to be close by. She takes care and keeps company to her aunt (my great aunt) so I think it makes her happy that someone in the family will be looking out for her too. Step-dads mom passed away early last week - services were Saturday. A friend came to visit for the weekend right after that. I just started my part time job at the pool store - only to find out the very next day that one of the engineers at my other job put in his two weeks notice, and a lot of those responsibilities will fall on me. So my hours got bumped up to 32 for now, 40 when hes gone - but it will be like squeezing 10 lbs of *kitten* into a 5 lb bag regardless with these added responsibilities. Ready to tackle it though. Planning my days with a logistical mindset. Doing as much as I can today to make tomorrow easier (I believe I got this from @cschmitz110515 <3) DH had physical for the first time in a loooooong time. Waiting for all the test results back and hoping for all good news. I'm just glad he went and consider all information to be good for setting a baseline. Spring is definitely on its way and we're learning all the quirks of our new homes yard...all the snow melt is difficult and we're learning what we have to do to keep it away from the buildings.

@Snowflake1968 - WOOHOO! Best of luck on your interview. I hope you love the position and they love you! Keep us posted. Yes, I'm working the two jobs for the summer, just getting into the swing of things. Sunday will be my one day off, but I gotta make hay while the sun shines!

@Maryrobinson40 you are a busy lady but you're crushing it! Proud of you and thank you for all your encouragement!

@Jeschepp Keep up the great work! Getting back at it is never easy and I'm proud of you and glad to have you back :)

@PackerfaninGB Thinking of you please keep us posted. Proud of you for eating your veggies!!! Victory!!!

@bookmeister86 Totally relate to those work issues. Are you still exploring other options?

@HEGoddard0928 I knew you were considering a new job, and I'm so sorry it looks like I missed something - did you leave the bank?

@nlmackey98 WOOOOOHOOO huge victory going all those places without indulging! Hope you enjoyed a nice homemade treat after all that!

@mytime6630 I'm readjusting to night time hunger again myself. I'm always very snacky in the evening - I've found eating a high protein snack in the afternoon, before dinner actually helps tame my evening hunger a bit. Proud of you for counting out one serving size!!!

@cschmitz110515 hope you feel better! I went to the grocery store last night and EVERYONE was coughing, tough time of year!

@littleblackskirt Hope you feel better as well!

@toaljasa I love your small change/big impact list!!!

@Faebert I'm a little late but WAY TO GO on a solid weekend. I struggle there big time myself and know what a huge victory that is!

@aubyshortcake Frustrating about losing the paid lunch!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Finish and return address spreadsheet :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. 15 wall push ups/bathroom trip :) / >:) forgot the later half of the day
    5. Eat packed lunch :)
    6. Cook dinner at home - tacos >:)
    7. Be positive and kind :)
    8. Shower :)
    9. Bed by 9:30 :)
    10. Update this list later :)
    11. Stop at store for ONLY; salad, frozen fruit, flax milk, individually packed cookies :/ Well, I skipped the cookies, and only bought the other three things on the list - but our local grocery store has a $3 cheeseburger and fries at the grill and we were out late at home depot so we got our burgers and had a mini date night. Calories for the day were okay still!

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. WATER, NOW!
    3. 15 squats/bathroom trip
    4. Eat packed lunch
    5. Cook dinner at home - tacos
    6. Mini meal plan
    7. Be positive and kind
    8. Shower
    9. Bed by 9:30
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Running late today...

JFT Tuesday

- Up early to go to the gym :(Nope
    - Try to look nice for passport photo :neutral:I did what I could.
    - Go apply for passport appt at 8:30. :)the picture wasn't bad.
    - Clean up and collect data from yesterday. :) Done, but I hate disposing of chemicals
    - Lunch <300 calories :)
    - Give safety presentation:)
    - Leave work after safety presentation:) I was great. I was in a great mood and left before peoples pissed me off.
    - Get oil change :)
    - Go to Walmart :)
    - Get/Do something just for me :) Finally got my journal
    - Middle School Choir & Honors Choir concerts tonight (shoot me) :) Middle School choirs were actually quite good. Unfortunately because my daughter is in Honors Choir I had to stay for both sections of the show. I got there at 5:00 and left around 8:30.
    - Late dinner with the family :neutral: Well it was late, but everybody ate at separate times. I had cereal. By then I didn't even eat my custard I was looking forward to.
    - Try this bed by 11:00 thing again. I've given up on 10:00 or 10:30 :) I was in bed by 11:00, but got not sleep until about 5:00 this morning.

JFT Wednesday

- Get to work by 8:00 :)
    - Breakfast <300 Cal left my apple and nectarine at home, still have tangerines
    - 9:00 call with school to "graduate" youngest out of TAG program.
    - Drink 1L of water before any soda
    - No more than 2 sodas
    - Get testing started
    - Lunch <300 Cal
    - Work on ISO answering questions about audits for Jodi (I don't know Jodie). Meeting tomorrow.
    - Leave work on time and walk/hike
    - Come back to work to switch out samples. Missing church.
    - Probably have cereal for diner again.
    - In bed by 11:00

Even with the lack of sleep, I'm in a pretty good mood and feel very productive. Hopefully, I can keep this going. This time of year is usually very dark for me because of incidents in the past. Probably why I can't sleep, but I feel stronger this year than in the past. The bad stuff from the past shouldn't out weigh the good that is today. I hope you all have a fabulous day!

@bookmeister86 I'm a "control" person as well and all of the upheaval wrapped around you right now would drive me batty. I hope things settle into a great working environment for you in the end. You could use a little less stress! I love the ideas on dealing with issues you pulled from 7 Habits of Effective People. I may have to pick that up. Reading has never been my thing, but when I find a good book I make time.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap 3/12 T ~ Be gentle with myself, still not feeling the best.
    1) Log on MFP / JFT = Logged but evening snacking got me again ~ I really want to stop this! Net calories red. :s
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 7,778 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 24 floors :smile:

JFT 3/13 W ~ Have been overeating since Sunday to comfort myself while sick. :s At least the burning throat is gone and stuffy head/headaches are subsiding... finally bought some OTC meds after work yesterday for day- and night-time, and skipping workouts until I have more energy. Had a hard time waking up this morning in the dark (drat DST clock change) after meds. Feeling better slowly but surely. :)
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Not sure of lunch or supper, may go to soup supper before Lent service this evening if time / net calories zero / 14c water (water has been low this week) / evening snack fruit or veg only ~ if not, then I'm not really hungry
    3) Work: dare I post? finish summary review / complete compliance rate sheet & audit program / start report draft
    4) Evening: drive from work to MJSW's & deliver docs for tax returns / soup supper 6:15 if time / Lent church service 7:00 / wash dishes / start meal planning & grocery list
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 (try x-train workout R a.m. before work)

Wish I could respond to individuals but no time. Thinking of you all and wishing you well!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday March 12 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 😒 over by 112
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 🙂 only 14.70 seconds though.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂 if I had refrained from any I would have been in the green, but I did only have grapes and cheese instead of my usual so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.
    5 something at bathroom break - 🙂
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices. - 🙂

JFT - Wednesday March 13Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices.

Today I am bringing the kids out, we haven’t seen them since last Wednesday and it seems like forever! The break was a bit nice though. I have decided on burgers and fries for supper. Not the healthiest but what they will eat without a fuss.

I bought some new dress shoes yesterday at Payless, everything is 50% off as they are going out of business. I’m contemplating buying another pair. I need footwear and better dress clothes if I get this job, the last positions I held were more casual.

I hope I find the right words to say in the interview. Last year all of the interviews I had started with “tell me about yourself”. I never quite knew how to answer that. They never really asked direct questions. I felt like it was a popularity contest rather than knowledge based.

I should do some tidying and cleaning today, I also have a project I want to finish.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Zizzybumble - that scuttle doesn’t sound pleasant at all!

Nlmackey98- great job on not buying all the sweets! ISO and safety - I used to be the manager for both of those along with 10 other roles, it was a pain for me. Audit- audit - audit! You are doing well I hope you get some sleep soon!

Jeschepp - I am so excited about warm and light enough, unfortunately the snow has just barely started going . I looked at the road and sidewalks yesterday and all I can picture is broken bones and wet feet. I so want to get back out walking.

Mytime6630 - I followed your lead and went to bed slightly hungry last night too! It wasn’t so bad.

Faebert - you are killing it! How you can force yourself to go run in gale force winds! I struggle with being uncomfortable, good for you and good luck! Lots of check marks!

Bookmeister86 - I really hope things calm down for you soon. It sounds like you are on the right track by figuring out a plan to deal with it though.

Clicketykeys - isn’t it annoying when some used/thrift places mark their items high. Our nearest thrift store sells all hardcover books for 1.00 and paperbacks are .25 per inch. I usually buy 5 or 6 paperbacks for around 2.00 and then donate them back once I’ve read them. I hope you get the part you want.

Littleblackskirt- that must feel so good to have taken care of!

Ajb1014 - I have had that happen so many times! I now write my long posts in notes on my phone and copy it over to MFP. This is why I don’t use the @ and highlight peoples names anymore.

Cschmitz110515 - I hope you feel 100% soon! I don’t like the time change either, but I do like the longer evenings of daylight.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday March 12 Determined

I hope I find the right words to say in the interview. Last year all of the interviews I had started with “tell me about yourself”. I never quite knew how to answer that. They never really asked direct questions. I felt like it was a popularity contest rather than knowledge based.

I should do some tidying and cleaning today, I also have a project I want to finish.

Have a great day everyone!

Here is a list of interview questions I found on glassdoor.com . You might consider writing down answers...and, if you get stuck, perhaps googling how to answer this question... Also, if you haven't already, google the name of the company and find out about it...how much money they make, what their philosophy is, who the president is, etc. https://www.glassdoor.com/blog/interview-questions-you-should-be-prepared-to-answer-this-month/

We are all excited and hopeful for you!